OT: problem with car

Solscud007

Look ok to me, maybe they ran a little hot?

No this happened right after installation and testing of new pads and resurfaced brakes.

also discs usually have concentric circle marks not swirling like slotted discs.

Edited by Solscud007

How did you "break" them in, your suppossed to do a series of slow stops (from like 30mph to 0) let them cool and do again for about 3-4 more times, also light pressure for at least the 1st 50 miles.

Also, What materials are you running, I run ceramic and they run a lot cooler then metalic pads.

another thing it could be is the rotor wasnt cut right and those are machining marks. If this is the case, dont worry, it will go away, but it does look a little glazed. Im guessing heavy braking. If they are glazed, you will need to have them re cut and sand the pads and break them in properly.

Another thing is, the center of the rotor are vents that cool it and the caliper could be hanging up and causing the rotor to get hot and discoloring it. again, not seeing the car I do not know.

are both sides doing it? whats the temp diff on each side?

hope this helps, but you should have someone look at it, most places offer free inspections

How did you "break" them in, your suppossed to do a series of slow stops (from like 30mph to 0) let them cool and do again for about 3-4 more times, also light pressure for at least the 1st 50 miles.

Also, What materials are you running, I run ceramic and they run a lot cooler then metalic pads.

another thing it could be is the rotor wasnt cut right and those are machining marks. If this is the case, dont worry, it will go away, but it does look a little glazed. Im guessing heavy braking. If they are glazed, you will need to have them re cut and sand the pads and break them in properly.

Another thing is, the center of the rotor are vents that cool it and the caliper could be hanging up and causing the rotor to get hot and discoloring it. again, not seeing the car I do not know.

are both sides doing it? whats the temp diff on each side?

hope this helps, but you should have someone look at it, most places offer free inspections

I tried the breaking in procedure. But that did not get rid of the loud moaning sound. I went back to my original brakes to get rid of that sound. They are glazed but have been only driven in one day and then back to being glazed. I think I will take my car over to the shop that machined them and say they messed something up.

No the other side is NOT doing this.

Also Pfunk, these are my rear disc brakes. They have now vents. Only my fronts have vents. (it is not an issue for rear disc brakes to have vents unless you are seriously racing and need massive cooling of the brakes.