YAMATO Garland / BGC Motoslave

Feyd-Rautha

I don't really see any difference between these shots and the one displayed at the Yamato booth. I think this explains, though, why it came out of the blue while other toys like the YF-19 FP are still vaporware - they didn't have to engineer and sculpt the prototype, they got it from another company who had already had it ready for about 5 years.

But I don't care if they found it in the sewer, I love it and will buy several. Like Mechamaniac, I've been waiting 20+ years for this guy.

That "yamato" garland, isn't Yamato at all...which BLOWS! In the WF report, you can see that the proportions are way different, there's that ugly gap in the chest, and overall, it's not as nice. If that Atelier Sai Garland WAS the yamato garland, that'd kick ass...but it isn't.

I'm sad now...

That "yamato" garland, isn't Yamato at all...which BLOWS! In the WF report, you can see that the proportions are way different, there's that ugly gap in the chest, and overall, it's not as nice. If that Atelier Sai Garland WAS the yamato garland, that'd kick ass...but it isn't.

I'm sad now...

Thanks for the heads up. I'd been disappointed and peeved if I got it, and compared it to the proto pics. :angry:

Meh. <_<

Ha ha ha ha...see, what's funny is that now that these pics were released, yamato is either going to be a): not improve that horrible crotch, thus pissin' off fans, b): Change crotch, delay, or finally c): delay and paint horrible crotch. It's funny because if they DO option c) which they probably will, sadly, they'll be screwed because the fans will be posting the AS pictures next to the actual toy, and saying "Look at this! This isn't right, you bastards! Why didn't you make THIS!!!!" :lol:

Sigh...I really, really, REALLY hope they go with the AS vers. If this story is true (which I hope it really is), then maybe they'll just say fuggit, and release the AS vers. I know fans, and just plain toy lovers, will be happier...

Ha ha ha ha...see, what's funny is that now that these pics were released, yamato is either going to be a): not improve that horrible crotch, thus pissin' off fans, b): Change crotch, delay, or finally c): delay and paint horrible crotch. It's funny because if they DO option c) which they probably will, sadly, they'll be screwed because the fans will be posting the AS pictures next to the actual toy, and saying "Look at this! This isn't right, you bastards! Why didn't you make THIS!!!!" :lol:

Sigh...I really, really, REALLY hope they go with the AS vers. If this story is true (which I hope it really is), then maybe they'll just say fuggit, and release the AS vers. I know fans, and just plain toy lovers, will be happier...

Fortunately, not all 'fans' are anally retentive and will be happy to just have a toy at all. Megazone 23 came out 20 years ago. The fact that someone is actually doing something with the license is amazing in itself.

Ha ha ha ha...see, what's funny is that now that these pics were released, yamato is either going to be a): not improve that horrible crotch, thus pissin' off fans, b): Change crotch, delay, or finally c): delay and paint horrible crotch.  It's funny because if they DO option c) which they probably will, sadly, they'll be screwed because the fans will be posting the AS pictures next to the actual toy, and saying "Look at this! This isn't right, you bastards! Why didn't you make THIS!!!!"  :lol:

Fortunately, not all 'fans' are anally retentive and will be happy to just have a toy at all. Megazone 23 came out 20 years ago. The fact that someone is actually doing something with the license is amazing in itself.

As well as Yamatos toy Max Factory have a diecast figure in development. :o

what's weird is that when MF had a garland on display, they had it in bike mode, but it was pretty obvious that it was going to be transformable.

I'm not an anal-retentive fanboy! I just have standards (and I like to bitch... :lol: ). The AS one is NOT the Yamato one, look closely at the crotch (...I didn't just say that, did I?) and you should be able to tell the difference. For starters, the Yamato one is pretty damn ugly, compared to the AS...not that I'm opinionated, or anything.

what's weird is that when MF had a garland on display, they had it in bike mode, but it was pretty obvious that it was going to be transformable.

I'm not an anal-retentive fanboy! I just have standards (and I like to bitch... :lol: ). The AS one is NOT the Yamato one, look closely at the crotch (...I didn't just say that, did I?) and you should be able to tell the difference. For starters, the Yamato one is pretty damn ugly, compared to the AS...not that I'm opinionated, or anything.

If the toy does suck once it's released, then please, bitch all you want. For now it's just speculation. And the AS and Yamato prototypes are indeed identical as Exo's post above proves.

• 2 years later...
It doesn't?! Damn. I've read somewhere around here that there's a better version of the Motoslave on the series. I'm not much into BGC, so I thought this would be it.

There is one, it's called the Typhoon or Tornado or something like that. I don't have my book with me to check.