Nice custom

mantisfists

I am pretty sure that the ebay user ravishing rick is rick the hunter from these boards. He does nice work, but he still owes me $500 or a Max 1A custom. Bid at your own risk.

I AM NOT RICK THE HUNTER!!!

Surprisingly enough, there are others that like Macross that happen to be named Rick. I have tried my best for over 3 years to be a good upstanding member of these boards to have someone like you jump the gun and try to connect the dots between myself and RTH. If you have done transactions with him and know his full name, you can ask the members of the PARTIAL list below to try and verify if my name is the same as RTH. These names start with the most recent transactions to some of the earliest. Bottom line, at one time or another I have provided my information to these members. If I am Rick the Hunter they will know. I'm sure one of these members know Rick the Hunters full name because I don't.

Chowser (currently purchasing an item from him)

Rohby

CID

bluedeath

mslz22

takatoys

Anasazi37

tom64ss

Edited by Valkfan

Yeah hopefully some of the KO parts don't make the figure too fragile. It is a very clean custom.

Actually, the KO parts are extremely firm. If they were otherwise, I wouldn't have used them. I originally made this custom for myself and was short on Jetfire parts. Believe it or not, the boosters and connector piece are from those old $5 bootlegs. I just gave them a little love. :D

you know...it was sort of rude to accuse valkfan of being rick the hunter...if any of you actually go through the MW site you could see that this figure here is a 1/55 custom valkfan did himself some time ago...i was looking through the custom page a few days ago and thought the valk looked familiar and figured the person behind it just needed some cash...i didn't think anything of it so i didn't post anything but after seeing this accusation i feel that maybe i should've said something...at least it would've stopped any accusations from poping up...but then again it could've ended up being worse than it already is...

BTW...here's a link to the 1/55 customs page if you don't believe me...

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/m...customs-155.htm

just scroll down and you'll see that it's the same valkyrie in the auction

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I concur too. But in Vermillion One's defence he did say "I am pretty sure" not that he was certain. Looks to me like a simple case of mistaken identity. I agree he shouldn't have posted unless he was sure but I believe his intentions were in the right place. Valkfan I'd say it doesn't help your purposes that well either to get as heated as you got but at this point that would be like the pot calling the kettle black.

Carl

I sent an email to the seller (obviously, from his post) in an attempt to identify him. I apologize for the confusion. I have been a member of these boards and have been burned and have seen many other people burned and only wanted to caution anyone before the matter could be resolved.

Valkfan I apologize for the confusion and good luck with your auction. I was never accusing you of any wrong doing.

Thanks again for the apology. I feel obligated to explain the reason why I became so outraged at Vermillion One's post. A little over 2 years ago I placed this same VF-1B(minus the super armor) on eBay to make room on my shelfs for all the new customs I had made. There were about 5 bids on my auction and the highest bidder was Vermillion One himself. :blink: He didn't win however due to the reserve I had placed on the item. We actually had our first dialogue on MW and through eBay about this custom. :huh:

Now that we've cleared this up, would you be willing to sell me one of these Strike cannons and heatshield? :D

Edited by Valkfan

I know the guy who did the resculpt of the head,we're in the same model club.

*GASP* Chris Barretta is alive?! He dropped off the MW radar several years ago when 1/55s became less popular in the face of Yamato's 1/60 and 1/48 valks. No one's heard from him since. I owe him a great big hug. His heatshield and head sculpts are superb and my 1/55 customs are much better looking as a result. I jealously guard my Barretta resin part stockpile.... :ph34r:

*GASP* Chris Barretta is alive?!

Yes, he is alive.

Myself, and Valkyrietestpilot had a nice long chat with him in the Dealer's Room at Otakon 2K4 in July/August.

We told him that his casts were sorely missed, and that there might be some market for 1/48 upgrade parts, he was intrigued.

Great guy, and an awesome modeller. I hope he comes back and starts making valkyrie parts again, that would be sweet!.

*GASP* Chris Barretta is alive?!

Yes, he is alive.

Myself, and Valkyrietestpilot had a nice long chat with him in the Dealer's Room at Otakon 2K4 in July/August.

We told him that his casts were sorely missed, and that there might be some market for 1/48 upgrade parts, he was intrigued.

Great guy, and an awesome modeller. I hope he comes back and starts making valkyrie parts again, that would be sweet!.

How about some 1/48 TV VF-1A heads? :rolleyes::D I would buy a batch in a flash!

Edited by kensei

His heatshield and head sculpts are superb and my 1/55 customs are much better looking as a result. I jealously guard my Barretta resin part stockpile.... :ph34r:

I agree. Chris Baretta made great 1/55 parts. I too have a 1/55 parts stockpile of his parts. Unfortunately over time, my stockpile has started to dwindle somewhat. :(

Hey Anasazi, do you have a stockpile of Rob's parts as well? If so, I really need a few of his 1/55 DYRL VF-1A heads. I emailed him a while ago but he only had 1 left. He never mentioned whether or not he would be recasting more, so I assumed that he had just moved on to 1/48 parts. However, I could be wrong. How about it Rob? :D

Anyway, after seeing this I'm VERY tempted to make a Yamato version of this.

I'm honored to know that you appreciate my custom that much. :D When I made this one, I was looking to make an original custom without creating an unofficial Macross color scheme.

You're welcome. :) The work was very well done. Also the concept, I mean...who nowadays thinks of the VF-1B? Especially as a toy? Nobody!

Well done on the auction BTW. You did pretty well I see there Valkfan.

Hey Anasazi, do you have a stockpile of Rob's parts as well? If so, I really need a few of his 1/55 DYRL VF-1A heads. I emailed him a while ago but he only had 1 left. He never mentioned whether or not he would be recasting more, so I assumed that he had just moved on to 1/48 parts. However, I could be wrong. How about it Rob? :D

The only Rob parts I have are his Ostrich recast set, Elint recast set, and a nice pile of clear canopies from the one time vf1x.com had them for sale.