Minmay Guard Custom

Solscud007

Ok After seeing Devin's gorgeous 1/48 I figure hey I can do that for the Joke Machine. Considering the Rohby Recast doesnt liek paint and Devin and I are making headway on the Jm decals I figure what is next? Oh yeah, easy, a Joke Machine Minmay Guard Custom.

This is just a prototype custom. The tread design was plotted in photoshop, printed out and then cut and layed down. However it is not a perfect fit decal. it is jsut a large pattern that I layed down and trimmed to fit the joke machine. Also the decal material im using, Avery Paper, has a tendency to be stiff and ink scratches off easily. So anyway I planned this out so that I can hand off the designs to Devin and have him print these decals for a Joke Machine Minmay Guard Custom Decal Set.

As you can see I tested out the eyepiece decal (which will be on the JM Decal sheet) as well as kneecap decals. Here they are grey but will be black on the Jm Decal Sheet.

I need to correct the coloring. The dak blue should be more purple.

and without further ado the pics.

post-4-1096509885_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Solscud,

That JM looks awesome!!!

Since you are going with the Joke Machine, instead of using the Minmey from that looks as it would if she we're real :rolleyes: , why not try using a style that would IMO best suit this custom.

Minmei, Joke Machine Candidate? ;)

Just give a tweek. With the way you guys can perform decal surgery, I would not be at all surprised this would most defenitely look good.

NB4M :)

Solscud,

That JM looks awesome!!!

Since you are going with the Joke Machine, instead of using the Minmey from that looks as it would if she we're real :rolleyes: , why not try using a style that would IMO best suit this custom.

Just give a tweek. With the way you guys can perform decal surgery, I would not be at all surprised this would most defenitely look good.

Oh dont you think that was my first thought haha. I knwo I want a SD sailor minmei bu i dont know of one that exists. The picture you linked didnt work. Can you dl it and then attach it to your next post? THanks

Solscud,

That JM looks awesome!!!

Oh dont you think that was my first thought haha. I knwo I want a SD sailor minmei bu i dont know of one that exists. The picture you linked didnt work. Can you dl it and then attach it to your next post? THanks

oh wait nevermind I looked at the link you put and found the URL in it. THe windup minmei wont work cause I want it to be a Sailor Minmei. I am thinking of doing the Minmei Guard Ver. 2 with the silouhette of sd minmei on teh heat shield but the curve is too much

Edited by Solscud007