LOTR AND MATIRX DVD QUESTION

khyronic

there's a ten disc matrix dvd set coming out.

... ten? Isn't that a tad excessive for a movie series like that?

Disc One: The Matrix

All-new transfer supervised by the Wachowskis and director of photography (DP), Bill Pope

Audio commentary by Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, DP Bill Pope and other cast and crew

Disc Two: The Matrix Revisited (180 Minutes)

Same special features as previous release

Offers comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at the first film in the trilogy

Disc Three: Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes)

New cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' game

Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis and Kimble Rendall and other cast and crew

Disc Four: Matrix Reloaded Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Five: Matrix Revolutions

Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Special Effects Supervisor, John Gaeta; editor, Zach Staenberg and other cast and crew

Disc Six: Matrix Revolutions Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Seven: The Animatrix

Same special features as previous release

Disc Eight: The Roots Of The Matrix - Special Features (180 Minutes)

The Matrix and the History of the Action Genre - Examines the many influences of action cinema that make up The Matrix

Brainiacs’ Revenge - Scholars, Philosophers, Theorists, and Charlatans deconstruct the intellectual underpinnings of the trilogy

The Science Behind the Fiction – Is the notion of a real Matrix plausible? An investigation of the technologies that inspire the metaphor of The Matrix

Disc Nine: The Burley Man Chronicles - Special Features (75 Minutes)

The Burley Man Chronicles - The “Human” story of the making of the Matrix, as well as the game Enter the Matrix

Rave Reel- A club-oriented montage of unused and newly edited footage from Reloaded

Spoofs of the Matrix -The “Best-Of” these various clips

Disc Ten: The Zion Archive - Special Features

Zion Archive - Production assets developed for the Matrix universe, including concept artwork, storyboards, drawings, etc

Basic ROM Features

So there ya go

Hmm, the only thing I want there is the extended version of reloaded, will that be sold seperately?

MrDisco's list is out of date, there is no extended version of Reloaded. The 55 minutes of extra footage is on the extra features disk.

Ah, screw that then, I'm fine with the disc's I have.

Okay great, but what about LOTR:ROTK? I have not heard or read of any confirmation of the 4 disc "book" version coming out yet and it is pretty much Oct now. What's the deal? I do not have Matrix yet, so I guess I'll get the boxset, though I don't see the logic in 55 min of unreleased Reloaded footage on a bonus disc and not incorporated into the movie; doesn't make sense.

Still worth it though...

I do not have Matrix yet, so I guess I'll get the boxset, though I don't see the logic in 55 min of unreleased Reloaded footage on a bonus disc and not incorporated into the movie; doesn't make sense.

Well, the main reason is that the Wachowski Brothers (although you can't really call them that anymore..) were happy with the original cuts as they were the movies they way they intended to be.

The 55 minutes of footage was all the scenes filmed for the video game, so they may not necessarily work that well if they were just spliced into the movie.

Well, the main reason is that the Wachowski Brothers (although you can't really call them that anymore..)

What inside joke am I missing here? And will they finally cop to ripping off Megazone 23 on their "influences" disc? :)

Mr. Disco, that's still very excessive for a Matrix boxset.

You get two versions of each film, which makes me say, "blah".

Heh... and 5 different versions of the "Robotech Saga" isn't?

:p

Why on Earth would anyone complain about 10 discs for under $60? The Star Wars set sold 115 million dollars worth in one day. For around the same price, with far, far less to enjoy on the 4 DVDs.

I say it's pretty smart marketing to give people too much, rather than not enough.

Edited by Blaine23

Okay great, but what about LOTR:ROTK? I have not heard or read of any confirmation of the 4 disc "book" version coming out yet and it is pretty much Oct now.  What's the deal? 
I've heard 12/7 at first, but now most sites report 12/14. Still no one online allowing pre-orders though.

Yup...12/14 is the date:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/home_...t_id=1000642408

via TheOneRing.net

is that before or after she/he start looking like a chick?

That would be somewhere in the middle, from what I've heard.

As odd as it may be, I still don't see how this guy's gender issues are to blame for the two sequels' going astray and basically losing the fanbase. You can chalk that one up to bad storytelling and lack of inventiveness.

This isn't to say they're bad films, but I know very few people that don't think the first movie is leagues better than its sequels.

I didn't for the first two Extended Cuts, but I will buy the giftset for RotK. Love that Minas Tirith.

More info on the ROTK:EE set with great pics seen HERE

**possibly some SPOILERS as it shows the chapter menus and some screenshots**

Here's the Collector's set:

Mine! :D

There's a Minas Morgul that accompanies that Minas Tirith... you have to send away for it. The certificate should be in the box... unfortunately I can't find the pic I took of it from SDCC. :(

There's a Minas Morgul that accompanies that Minas Tirith... you have to send away for it. The certificate should be in the box... unfortunately I can't find the pic I took of it from SDCC. :(

That's awesome. Did you see how much the Minas Morgul would be?

That's awesome. Did you see how much the Minas Morgul would be?

I tried to squeeze that info out of the guy at the con, he was clueless, he diverted me by introducing me to the sculptor of the bigatures for the movie, which was awesome...

The Minas Morgul is a perfect companion, it looks just like the Minas Tirith but its darker, and she did say they were bookends...

I found a pic!!!

13483.jpg

Here's an even better one...

13512.jpg

Edited by >EXO<