SV-51 battroid conversion...

Pat S

This proves that the SV51 can be mass-produced as a perfect variable toy or model!

Yeah!

Totally unbelievable!... The guy who made the conversion mus have spent 100 hours on it!!! (I understand why I don't anymore build models even though I love these forums!)

... True! The lower leg has to rotate 180 degrees during gerwalk-battroid conversion! Notice one thing: in episode 3, when DD tries to make his way into the aircraft carrier azuka, he "stores" his gun, in battroid mode, on the outer side of his left leg (so that when transforming into fighter mode, the gun gets on the inner side of his two legs).

I don't think that the modeller made his conversion to becompletely articulate, it must be mainly static in my opinion. I think that by adding some metal, this kit could have strong joints... The old "arii" VF1 that I built when I was around 13 still is in good shape 15 years later after many transformations, and it's mainly plastic...

Did any of you guys notice that the legs need to be rotated for battroide mode?

In the fighter mode, you only see one fin nozzle on top and two fin nozzles in the bottom. :ph34r:

Yup, I realized that when I built my SV-51. However, the legs don't rotate for Gerwalk mode...just Battroid mode. Thus, I think this makes it impossible for the SV-51 to transform to or out of Battroid mode while on the ground, unlike the VF-0 or VF-1. That could be bad in a pinch for the pilot.

Chris

Yup, I realized that when I built my SV-51.  However, the legs don't rotate for Gerwalk mode...just Battroid mode. Thus, I think this makes it impossible for the SV-51 to transform to or out of Battroid mode while on the ground, unlike the VF-0 or VF-1.  That could be bad in a pinch for the pilot.

I think the hip joint could stretch the leg on the side while the leg rotates. Anyway, the SV-51 has VTOL, it has two fans under the pilot shield so on the ground it should be easier to transform than the VF-0.

FV