Potential Blacklight Problems?

Goth Kitty 22

It can I suppose, from what I've seen. Yes, UV light is bad for the eyes if it from a direct source. I put my valks in a glass cabinet which provides good but not complete protection. Glass is enough to block out 90% of UV light. Sunglasses can block around 99.9 %. The reason why they are pushing for 100% UV protection in sunglasses is because taht 0.01% can still stuff up your eyes.

why would you put blacklight directly on your valks anyway? I say, try to keep your valks out of direct sunlight and have doubles of things kept in dark closets just in case.

Because having blacklight in a room is cool. And having a valk is neato. But then I wondered if having blacklight would be damaging to my cherished toys and posters.

why would you put blacklight directly on your valks anyway? I say, try to keep your valks out of direct sunlight and have doubles of things kept in dark closets just in case.

Or have doubles, triples, and quadruples of everything just in case cuz you never know...after all, in the immortal words of XSTOys, collecting is not about what you have. it's about what you don't have.

It can I suppose, from what I've seen. Yes, UV light is bad for the eyes if it from a direct source. I put my valks in a glass cabinet which provides good but not complete protection. Glass is enough to block out 90% of UV light. Sunglasses can block around 99.9 %. The reason why they are pushing for 100% UV protection in sunglasses is because taht 0.01% can still stuff up your eyes.

How much damage can the remaining 10% do? I ask since all the valks that have yellowed have presumably been kept indoors which means that the light went through a window. Does the glass of a cabinet further filter the UV that passed through the window?

How much damage can the remaining 10% do? I ask since all the valks that have yellowed have presumably been kept indoors which means that the light went through a window. Does the glass of a cabinet further filter the UV that passed through the window?

My beloved Skull leader has suffered from a sort of a "chemical yellowing" since it has been always kept in my closet in zero light condition.

I lived over a car painting facility can it be the cause of the yellowing?

Maybe the fumes just seeped into the color-recognition center of your brain and you only perceive it as being yellowed. The chemicals in automotive paint will mess with your head.

Depends on thickness too I think. The more thick it is the more it bends UV light...I'm not too sure of the details, I'll have to ask my mate. But assuming that it is a pretty standardised measurement, a valk would yellow noticeably in about a couple of years in daily sunlight.

Maybe the fumes just seeped into the color-recognition center of your brain and you only perceive it as being yellowed. The chemicals in automotive paint will mess with your head.

How true. This also happens to meself after having waay too much to drink. I tend to see alot of things with tinges of yellow and gold - it's like the sun is still burning bright even though it's only 1am... or I'm a walking into a Kodak 8R, knowwhut I'm sayin'? Hey mebbe muh valks have not yelloed! B))

My beloved Skull leader has suffered from a sort of a "chemical yellowing" since it has been always kept in my closet in zero light condition.

if your window is like next to the air vent which i doubt none of the floating pigments shouldnt travel far enough to affect your valk. you would know you have a problem cuz your windows will show it first from the attaction of the glass to the particles. there was a huge debate about the yellowing from uv to tempures ect... most likely pick one and blame it like a pollition.

mostlikely, what you have isn't even a real black light. if it's one of those bulbs you get at the party shops, it's probably just a purple lightbulb.

honestly though, uv lights are kinda weak. do something cooler like a bright red light :-P

:unsure: not sure how this will sit with the mods :unsure:

Apparently, not well! LOL! Sorry folks. But was my offense really so bad that I deserved to be punished with an Elton John avatar? That's not an even trade; Elton John for a bong-hitting nun. Come on now, that's pretty low. Hope Spawn is acceptable.

:unsure: not sure how this will sit with the mods  :unsure:

Apparently, not well! LOL! Sorry folks. But was my offense really so bad that I deserved to be punished with an Elton John avatar? That's not an even trade; Elton John for a bong-hitting nun. Come on now, that's pretty low. Hope Spawn is acceptable.

i would have kept elton john, hes less gay.

:unsure: not sure how this will sit with the mods  :unsure:

i would have kept elton john, hes less gay.

I don't care for sodomites, thank you.