custom star wars light sabers

do not disturb

a little while back someone posted pics and link to some dude that made some super fresh dope custom light sabers.

i tried the search function using "light saber" but every single topic on SW, someone posted something about light sabers. :p

your help would be appreciated

thanks! :)

I saw that thread, I think you're referring to master replicas

If you are, check out their web site. Get yours now, its almost 2005 =)

Master Replicas Website

The ones posted in the for sale forum awhile back were the Force FX ones that had lighted up blades, sounds, etc.

Edited by Valkyrie23

a little while back someone posted pics and link to some dude that made some super fresh dope custom light sabers. 

i tried the search function using "light saber" but every single topic on SW, someone posted something about light sabers.  :p

your help would be appreciated

thanks! :)

That might've been me, being that I'd recently received one of those "super fresh dope custom lightsabers". :lol:

And let me assure you, they are.

LukeANHignited01.jpg

(The dude's name is Jeff Parks. Absolutely top-notch stuff.)

Give me a yell if you have any questions. :)

Edited by Drad

thanks man, thats the one! :)

theres these other dudes at buystarwarsstuff.com that make some cool ones too. not movie accurate but they're still pretty bad arse.

nevermind, its the same dude. different name same sabers. :)

Edited by haterist

theres these other dudes at buystarwarsstuff.com that make some cool ones too.  not movie accurate but they're still pretty bad arse.

Jeff can't list any film-accurate designs on his site, but that doesn't stop him from making one for you if you call and ask. ;)

I did. Mine is Skywalker's lightsaber from A New Hope. It has a removable light-up electroluminescent blade, which means it can be used for display or just to mess around with. B))

Edited by Drad

More...

Q_M_O1.jpg

From the top.. the lightsabers of Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM), Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM), Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) and Mace Windu (AOTC). I wonder if Mace's has "Bad Motherf_cker" inscribed on it? :lol:

Edited by Drad

I used to work for Jeff Parks, prior to his move to the Dallas area. I was his padiwan learner! I spent 1 1/2 years building lightsabers and other starwars related items, stormtrooper blasters, Han Solo blasters, and going to fan conventions to sell them. Jeff is a great guy and I can tell you for a fact that his lightsabers are the best quality that is humanly possible. Jeff spent literally ALL of his time working to improve his product over any other. So please, if you are considering buying a lightsaber, look at his products! He also does custom work. Just as a side note Jeff is a huge startrek fan, loves the Aliens movie, The Fifth Element, but for some strange reason loves the movie Tucker.

Thanks,

marimba AKA Jedi Master Christopher

I used to work for Jeff Parks, prior to his move to the Dallas area. I was his padiwan learner! I spent 1 1/2 years building lightsabers and other starwars related items, stormtrooper blasters, Han Solo blasters, and going to fan conventions to sell them. Jeff is a great guy and I can tell you for a fact that his lightsabers are the best quality that is humanly possible. Jeff spent literally ALL of his time working to improve his product over any other. So please, if you are considering buying a lightsaber, look at his products! He also does custom work. Just as a side note Jeff is a huge startrek fan, loves the Aliens movie, The Fifth Element, but for some strange reason loves the movie Tucker.

Thanks,

marimba AKA Jedi Master Christopher

Question Marimba - How 'rich' are the colors on Parks' sabers? I have a MR Luke ROTJ one and my biggest complaint is that the green is not nearly as dark as the greens in the pictures. How are the parks ones?

I do like that the blade is removable too (parks).

Perhaps when Ep III comes out I might pull the trigger on one.

At the time that I was building them, the brightest, most real color was the blue green. After Jeff and I built the prototypes, Jeff and I had a mock battle with them in my front yard after dark, which literally stopped traffic.

Some of you may even have a saber that I built!

The red seemed a little washed out, but now that he has lowered the frequency, a more pinkish color is nice, but did not seem to be as bright to me. ^_^

Thanks,

marimba  AKA Jedi Master Christopher

For the blasters, did you just start with replica stens and mausers and add the extra parts?

Edited by JELEINEN

How 'rich' are the colors on Parks' sabers? I have a MR Luke ROTJ one and my biggest complaint is that the green is not nearly as dark as the greens in the pictures. How are the parks ones?

When you contact Jeff for your piece, ask him about his dual-cell models. He may be able to build you one using "The Deuce." Those run on two 9-volts instead of just one, which according to Jeff results in 35% increased brightness over single-cell models. Only certain designs will accommodate the dual-cell, however. And like Marimba just said, the blue-green is the brightest. Next brightest is the green.. I think. :)

Yes, we started w/ replica mausers, but used actual decomissioned sterlings. The first 5 or so of the stormtrooper blasters had actual working scopes. After that the real scopes became very hard to get. So we began to machine replica scopes out of aluminium billet. these were hollow, so you could see through them, but had no lenses. We also machined the flash hiders for the mausers by hand at first, but it took so long (about 5 hours for each) that we had a local shop machine them. I used to cut the scope mounts for the Han blasters out of solid aluminum then shape and bebur them. I would drill and tap directly into the mausers to mount the parts. At that time we were having a custom rubber extrusion made for us th fit on the barrels of the sterlings at enormous cost to Jeff.

Drad is correct about the colors, but the time that I worked for Jeff was during the actual prototyping phase of the illuminated lightsabers. It took about a YEAR to come up with an inverter design that was stable and provide a bright enough lightsource to appear good in a darkened area. Some of the early designs made a high-pitched sound that made them unsuitable. I really have to hand it to Jeff, these products consumed his life. Some of them were VERY difficult to produce. I polished aluminum tubing in a lathe by hand. Each piece could take 30- 40 mins to polish. When he said hand-made he ment it! They came about due to his hard work and determination. At one convention we had the guys from ICON tell us that our product set the standard. They then purchased our sabers. Only then did you start to see other illuminated metal sabers.

At one convention we had the guys from ICON tell us that our product set the standard. They then purchased our sabers. Only then did you start to see other illuminated metal sabers.

Talk about a compliment. Heh. B))

Never knew that Light Sabers contained dope. Isn't that illegal? :p Well, now we know where Jedi hide their stash :lol: .

Although I like SW and Light Sabers, I've always thought that the Light Saber hilts (handles) would be ridiculously uncomfortable to wield in a sword fight, covered as they are with all those knobs, ridges and protrusions.

Graham

Although I like SW and Light Sabers, I've always thought that the Light Saber hilts (handles) would be ridiculously uncomfortable to wield in a sword fight, covered as they are with all those knobs, ridges and protrusions.

Yeah, totally. Mine is a replica of Skywalker's lightsaber from ANH, and it can be tricky to get a grip on. I guess that's why the prequel lightsabers are a lot smoother and sleeker by comparison.. not as many protrusions. Well, that and a vastly bigger budget. :lol:

do these replicas come with a vibrating motor so the sw geeks don't have to humm when they swing those around?

Hmmmm......the combination of vibrating Light Sabers and SW Geek fans conjures up some disturbing mental images :p .

Or perhaps my mind is just too twisted?

Graham

do these replicas come with a vibrating motor so the sw geeks don't have to humm when they swing those around?

Hmmmm......the combination of vibrating Light Sabers and SW Geek fans conjures up some disturbing mental images :p .

Or perhaps my mind is just too twisted?

Graham

nah im guessing theres very few female sw geeks out there to use the umm sound effect on the sabers ;) .

I saw that thread, I think you're referring to master replicas

If you are, check out their web site. Get yours now, its almost 2005 =)

Master Replicas Website

The ones posted in the for sale forum awhile back were the Force FX ones that had lighted up blades, sounds, etc.

Master Replicas is great for just that, A REPLICA (without blade). They don't have any with duelable blades and their FX Series is not to the right scale and it can't be dueled with. I have a personal collection (I will post pics in a few minutes). These were made by a personal source and the internals (which means the EL blade and its components) were supplied and added by Jeff Parks from Park Sabers. If you want a great EL lightsaber, but not a replica from a Movie, then by from Park Sabers. Others you can try are:

http://lightechindustries.com/

http://rmpd.com/

http://www.thelightsaber.com/ToysBigKids.htm

But if you want a replica with an EL blade, then talk to me, I know everything about these. YOU'LL SEE BY MY COLLECTION.

Also did you guys know that someone actually developed a real working lightsaber. I found this place when I discovered EL lightsabers, I thought these were so sweat, I searched the web for days trying to find a place that sold them. The website was IONSABERS.com, now the site is down, but about 5 months ago, they had a lightsaber on sale for $10,000 and then it dropped down to $5,000. The price caught my eye, so I read more about the product more. I discovered that the internals were similar to Tazer guns and that the saber emitted a 3 foot plasma blade, which could cut through thin metals and plastic. I'm not sure if these were the real thing, but it came with a warning.

Sunglasses must be worn since the light is extremely bright. And that the company was not responsible for any dismembered human body parts.

I wish the site was still up. If your up for it, just check periodically.