What glue for Canopy or clear parts?

Kiotcloudkicker

I go with very tiny amounts of regular cement. All the white-glue like stuff for canopies is too weak IMHO. And some of them like to pretty instantly dissolve when exposed to water (as in, if you need to apply a decal in the area).

Still haven't tried the GS-Hypo stuff, supposed to be THE best.

I use most of the time testor´s clear parts cement, wich is great. But if you wanna use another type of glue like testor, UHU, including CA you can use Future Floorwax to prevent the foggynes in your canopy. Besides giving you a really clear and shiny canopy.

Regards

Hi, I use testor´s clear parts cement. This is THE STUFF to use. No question at all. Dries clear and can be washed up with just water.

As for the future, yes it looks good but you will still get the fog if you use the cement stuff and all.

Apply future first and LET DRY!!!!! Very important that it dries!!!!!

Then onto the Testors!!!!

As for the future, yes it looks good but you will still get the fog if you use the cement stuff and all.

I don´t get it. I´ve been using future and CA on my cockpits and I´ve never gotten any fog in them.

Just dip the cockpit in the futere let dry and do this procedure a few times (3). this will protect the cockpit from getting foggy.

Regards

i'm not sure exactly what its called(i'm at work right now) but i bought some glue my friend suggested and it works great on clear parts, colored parts, pretty much anything that needs to be glued. it starts off like a white glue but then dries crystal clear. i'll get the info and post it here.

You can also try this stuff:  WATCH CRYSTAL CEMENT

What properties as far as bond strength and fogginess can we expect?

It's made for watch makers to cement watch faces, so it won't outgas (fog) and should be quite strong, how strong I don't know, but much more than white glue, and it is impervious to water.

The stuff is available through Micro-Mark BTW.

Edited by mechaninac

It's made for watch makers to cement watch faces, so it won't outgas (fog) and should be quite strong, how strong I don't know, but much more than white glue, and it is impervious to water.

The stuff is available through Micro-Mark BTW.

Wow... thanks. I certainly will look into that. Do you know how well it works in terms of bonding "plastic(canopy) to resin" VS. "plastic to plastic?" In otherwords... do they work well for both resin & plastic models? or is it more ideal for one medium over the other?

Wow... thanks.  I certainly will look into that.  Do you know how well it works in terms of bonding "plastic(canopy) to resin" VS. "plastic to plastic?"  In otherwords... do they work well for both resin & plastic models? or is it more ideal for one medium over the other?

I know it works to glue glass to metal, glass to rubber, etc., and it works just fine for plastic on plastic (it is not a solvent, so it works much like white glue does)...plastic on resin or resin to resin??? I have no idea. Look at the Micro-Mark site, they have an item description that may shed a little more light on this cement's applications.