matrix DVD set

eugimon

I liked the last 2 films. I mean... what did you really expect after the first one? I mean it was good for its time, but movies have... well moved on... and everyone has raped the bullet time concept lol.

I was satisfied... gradual transition into the "real" world.

For me, it wasn't the special effects or action that killed Reloaded and Revolutions for me, it was the lame story. I mean, they really screwed it up!!!

What TWDC would've done:

It turns out there is no Zion. The "real world" is actually another level of the the matrix used to keep those extra smart humans who question their existence in the loop while making them think that they've escaped the machines. This would be a much better explanation for why Neo was still able to stop the sentinels at the end of Reloaded, or why Smith could move himself into the "real world".

Reloaded still had potential, but Revolutions killed the whole thing. Neo being carted away reverently by the machines at the end, give me a break!!! The Wachowski Bros. hit upon a neat idea with the Matrix, but completely killed their credibility with the sequels.

It turns out there is no Zion. The "real world" is actually another level of the the matrix used to keep those extra smart humans who question their existence in the loop while making them think that they've escaped the machines.

No, this would mean that humans are still slaves. The ending is supposed to be peaceful co-existence.

This would be a much better explanation for why Neo was still able to stop the sentinels at the end of Reloaded, or why Smith could move himself into the "real world".

I think Smith able to take over a human is meant to show that AI has advanced so much that it's now indistinguishable from humans as we know it. Thus, in future, AI and humans will live together on equal terms.

Yes, Neo's connections to the sentinels still require a supernatural explanation. But that's why he is the one. :lol:

It turns out there is no Zion. The "real world" is actually another level of the the matrix used to keep those extra smart humans who question their existence in the loop while making them think that they've escaped the machines.

No, this would mean that humans are still slaves. The ending is supposed to be peaceful co-existence.

This would be a much better explanation for why Neo was still able to stop the sentinels at the end of Reloaded, or why Smith could move himself into the "real world".

I think Smith able to take over a human is meant to show that AI has advanced so much that it's now indistinguishable from humans as we know it. Thus, in future, AI and humans will live together on equal terms.

Yes, Neo's connections to the sentinels still require a supernatural explanation. But that's why he is the one. :lol:

plus the multiple matrices theory had been discussed a lot... and while it would make practical sense(one of the reasons it had been discussed a lot) I never found the idea that appealing. It just seemed like "Yeah... lets do the same movie all over again!"

Only if the Trilogy ended lamely like it did. Here's what I would have done with the Matrix within a Matrix plotline:

Neo somehow becomes aware that the real world is still within the Matrix. And not only that, becomes aware that he himself is actually a program. It would explain his connection to the agents, along with the abilities he displays-- that are awfully similar to the rogue programs' abilities.

Neo turns out to be the Matrix's own reconstruction of a human being, in digital form-- a study by the Matrix in trying to control the systemic anomolies known as "choice" and "love"-- a subject that it can control, manipulate, and observe intimately, until it reabsorbs Neo into itself, to better the Matrix with each revision like it has the previous five times.

Except this time around, the One program becomes more successful than the Matrix bargained for. It becomes fully man, fully capable of love, thought, real choice, real control.

How can the created (the Matrix) create the creator (a program with the soul of a real man)? It didn't. The fragments of "code" for the human soul roamed within the Matrix ever since it's creation-- fragments of the "image" of himself man placed upon his creation in his own likeness, as the programming of all robot-kind became absorbed in the Matrix's formation in the construction of Zero-One. The Matrix simply managed to accidentally assemble the pieces that form "man".

The One program transcends machinehood, and breaks beyond the only purpose the machines have-- self preservation. Thus, Neo becomes fully out of the Matrix's control-- and even while realizing that bringing down the Matrix (and the Matrix within a Matrix) would bring his own end, since he's a program, Neo sacrifices himself in order to end the prison-world of the machines.

Man wakes up to build a new world, where the sun breaks through clouds, and where green is starting to grow.

Yayers.

This all ties into Second Rennisance and the allusions it makes a lot better than the actual movies did. Which I just can't fathom how possible. Maybe it was because Larry Wachowski was too busy dancing with S&M daddys and thinking about a sex change to come up with a sensical ending.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

Only if the Trilogy ended lamely like it did. Here's what I would have done with the Matrix within a Matrix plotline:

Neo somehow becomes aware that the real world is still within the Matrix. And not only that, becomes aware that he himself is actually a program. It would explain his connection to the agents, along with the abilities he displays-- that are awfully similar to the rogue programs' abilities.

Neo turns out to be the Matrix's own reconstruction of a human being, in digital form-- a study by the Matrix in trying to control the systemic anomolies known as "choice" and "love"-- a subject that it can control, manipulate, and observe intimately, until it reabsorbs Neo into itself, to better the Matrix with each revision like it has the previous five times.

Except this time around, the One program becomes more successful than the Matrix bargained for. It becomes fully man, fully capable of love, thought, real choice, real control.

How can the created (the Matrix) create the creator (a program with the soul of a real man)? It didn't. The fragments of "code" for the human soul roamed within the Matrix ever since it's creation-- fragments of the "image" of himself man placed upon his creation in his own likeness, as the programming of all robot-kind became absorbed in the Matrix's formation in the construction of Zero-One. The Matrix simply managed to accidentally assemble the pieces that form "man".

The One program transcends machinehood, and breaks beyond the only purpose the machines have-- self preservation. Thus, Neo becomes fully out of the Matrix's control-- and even while realizing that bringing down the Matrix (and the Matrix within a Matrix) would bring his own end, since he's a program, Neo sacrifices himself in order to end the prison-world of the machines.

Man wakes up to build a new world, where the sun breaks through clouds, and where green is starting to grow.

Yayers.

This all ties into Second Rennisance and the allusions it makes a lot better than the actual movies did. Which I just can't fathom how possible. Maybe it was because Larry Wachowski was too busy dancing with S&M daddys and thinking about a sex change to come up with a sensical ending.

-Al

Meh.

I agree, meh.

the whole matrix theing, neo and all that was just the oracle trying to get useless programs into the matrix so they can run around and have little babies... that whole last bit with the oracle and colonel sanders spells it all out for you.

neo and everyone else were just pawns in the game.

and so I say, meh.

and double meh for that horrible free willy scene...

Personally, I was hoping for DIRECTOR commentaries in this boxed set, but I guess that's just too much to hope for. In this case, I won't be buying the set.

What I do find humorous is the critics commentary and this quote:

According to Andy Wachowski, "It's the best idea we've ever had. It's hilarious. They just sit there and rip the poo out of us for six hours."

I thought I already had one of those for free. It's called the Internet.

Then again, it's probably a fantastic marketting concept. We all love to complain, so a "bitch commentary" might really appeal to many of us :)

While not perfect... I think they're one of the better Sci Fi/Action flicks I've seen recently.

Personally, I think that the Wachowski brothers would do wonderfully in possible live-action anime adaptations... well primarily GITS:SAC... unlike a certain other "fan director" they seem to really care about what they're doing. Sure... the Matrix movies weren't perfect... but they DID give their 100% from my understanding and they sold me on it.

Maybe not the DVD set... but yeah.

Credibility? For an action flick? :blink:

Um... yeah. The first was the best IMO, but I also like the other 2, also.

This set has been rumoured for a long time. One of the reasons I only borrowed the 2nd and 3rd DVDs. ;)