The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

I got mine to stand in the pose as described in the pictures, as well as the lightning kick pose. You just have to fiddle with it. Since I am such a Gunbuster nut, I had to get it anyways, so I got two. One to play with, the other to leave right in the box.

I found this looking for other things. Is this already known of, or something new? I assume the former since the pics were found on a page dedicated to a 2004 con, but I don't remember seeing this. It looks positively awesome.

http://wildbear.ddo.jp/WF04S%20014.jpg

http://wildbear.ddo.jp/WF04S%20017.jpg

There appears to be a prototype in the background in this pic.

http://wildbear.ddo.jp/WF04S%20016.jpg

Apparently retails for 9500 yen.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

So I recently finished up to episode 4 of 6 for Top o Nerae 2. Dude, Nono's got some issues (getting all raged up, how???). But that aside, this is perhaps one of the most hilariously "abused" scenes where EVERYTHING blows up in a spectaular fashion. I like things that go boom. I liked episode 4 a lot, even though it's cliched that nono goes beserk.

Dude, the Death Star's got nuttin up against this. Well actually a lot of sci-fi anime I've seen can easily own the Imperial Fleet.

Send Lucy and Minako onto any Star Destroyer and they can pretty much walk around laying waste on the storm troopers.

Back to Gunbuster 2.

What relation (if any, besides the busters) does this have with the 1st series? I've never seen GB1/Top o Nerae 1. Give me some 411 (wiki doesn't say too much).

Some1 guide me into the gunbuster world, plz and thx.

Also send me links for the GB1 torrent.

What relation (if any, besides the busters) does this have with the 1st series?  I've never seen GB1/Top o Nerae 1.  Give me some 411 (wiki doesn't say too much).

372322[/snapback]

Almost none, really. Its a homage piece, as the original Top was. Where Top paid homage to anime of the 70's and 80's, Top2 does this with the 90's and 00's. Its really a re-imaging more than a sequel.

What relation (if any, besides the busters) does this have with the 1st series?  I've never seen GB1/Top o Nerae 1.  Give me some 411 (wiki doesn't say too much).

372322[/snapback]

Almost none, really. Its a homage piece, as the original Top was. Where Top paid homage to anime of the 70's and 80's, Top2 does this with the 90's and 00's. Its really a re-imaging more than a sequel.

372329[/snapback]

Check out the posts me and chrono made few pages back. I think they'll tie it back eventually even if they don't spell it out to you.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ic=10410&st=640

Theories at best, but pretty good ones. It would probably help if you rewatched Gunbuster and then Diebuster shortly after.

I could very well be wrong, but I think you are looking a little too much into things.

372357[/snapback]

Actually I kinda doubt it given how bad EVA fans are. :p

Seriously though if this is an homage piece then those guys have littered the entire series with little otuka-like hints. I mean hell #4 had Nono going Might Morph'n/Kirider on us!!

Spatula, dude! It's the magical girl transformation sequence that gets you everytime.

*slowly steps away from spatula*

I would agree its a homage to recent anime and the old gunbuster, but i don't agree it would have nothing that ties back to the original. I'm quite sure they will tie in, based on some stuff that i've already stated and observed before.

1.) The Variable Gravity Wave is one of the original Uchuu Kaijun. Lark mentions its not a Topless but a "REAL" Space Monster suggesting what they were fighting all along aren't the real ones. Rewatched Top1 and confirmed design of VGW is the same as Top1 space monsters.

2.) Nono mentioned the Terran Imperial Space Force which was the original space government in Top 1. Her eyes (after powerup) and buster corp are in the shape of the Terran Imperial Space Force's logo.

3.) Nono is Buster Machine Seven, continuing the number range used in Top1 whereas the new Buster Machines are numbered in Latin, probably continuing the series since Dix-Neuf is 19.

4.) There is no more Jupiter. Jupiter was used as mass to activate the black hole bomb (buster machine 3) in Top 1. Now we have the red milkyway probably after effects of the bomb and the new aliens who are called the Jupiter Express.

That's why i am convinced it will tie back in and will prove itself to be a sequel to the original Top1. ;)

Looks interesting. Do you know what company made these and when it was released? I can add it to the GB group info. Thanks! :)

372321[/snapback]

The only info is in Japanese. Basically the site appears to be someone's pics from a con. The only link lead to Gainax's Gunbuster homepage.

Here's the link:

http://wildbear.ddo.jp/WF04S%201.htm

and the info under the pics. I'm not sure if it says anything of use.

・ガンãƒã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼ï¼ˆãƒˆãƒƒãƒ—ã‚’ã­ã‚‰ãˆï¼ï¼‰ã€€\9500

・強化型レイズナー(蒼ãæµæ˜Ÿ SPTレイズナー) \12000

・ガイカンフー(マシンロボ クロノスã®å¤§é€†è¥²ï¼‰ã€€\8000

・ケンリュウ+ロム・ストール(マシンロボ クロノスã®å¤§é€†è¥²ï¼‰ã€€\6500

一目惚れã§ã™ã€æ§‹æˆãŒã©ã†ã¨ã‹ãƒ‡ã‚£ãƒ†ãƒ¼ãƒ«äº‘々ãŒã©ã†ã¨ã‹èª¬æ˜Žã™ã‚‹ã®ãŒé‡Žæš®ãªã»ã©ã®ã‚«ãƒƒã‚³è‰¯ã•ã§ã™ã€‚

トップをã­ã‚‰ãˆï¼ãŒå¥½ããªã‚‰ã°ã“ã‚Œã¯ã‚‚ã†å¤–ã›ãªã„ã§ã—ょã†ã€‚

完æˆã•ã›ãŸéš›ã«ã¯ä¸€ç·’ã«é£¾ã‚‹ãƒŽãƒªã‚³ã¨ãŠå§‰ã•ã¾ãŒæ¬²ã—ã„ã¨ã“ã‚ã§ã™ã€‚

3.) Nono is Buster Machine Seven, continuing the number range used in Top1 whereas the new Buster Machines are numbered in Latin, probably continuing the series since Dix-Neuf is 19.

372592[/snapback]

Is this spoiler material. THANKS DUDE! :angry::angry::angry:

But, herm strange, I find Nono just about has "attractive" as ... I dunno, some other cutesy ditzy anime chick? LYNN MINMAY! Yes, even though she's a robot and could split me from nave to chops, I'd still hit her.

I would agree its a homage to recent anime and the old gunbuster, but i don't agree it would have nothing that ties back to the original. I'm quite sure they will tie in, based on some stuff that i've already stated and observed before.

It's also fairly easy to miss that Jupiter colony in Diebuster is the remains of a Super Exelion class ship.

I don't think the two will ever link together more than a few homages though. Nor do I want them too, since Diebuster as a whole is rather lacking, to put it mildly.

The Aim for the Top! DVD set that was released last year is nothing more than a digital remaster of the series with a lot of great extras, such as the inclusion of the final 2 science lessons from the okaerinasai laserdisc set as well as an uncropped version of episode 6. Hopefully when Aim for the Top! is finally released here in America, this is the set they will use.

Some1 guide me into the gunbuster world, plz and thx.

372322[/snapback]

I can't believe you haven't clicked on the link in my signature if you want to know more about the original Gunbuster.

372841[/snapback]

Speaking of signatures, love the Blakes 7 bit you've got quoted there. Damn, now I need to see that series again...

Speaking of signatures, love the Blakes 7 bit you've got quoted there.  Damn, now I need to see that series again...

372847[/snapback]

Yeah, Blake's 7 is a favorite of mine as is Doctor Who. I managed to buy the first two seasons on DVD from a seller on eBay. Good thing I have a region free player.

As for the site being scary, no it isn't... :p

And by the way, the replica costume is something I came across and had to include on my site. And it is packed away in a vacuum sealed bag and stored away from all who would laugh at me. (I did try to get my girlfriend to wear it though, but it is way too small.)

Those bloomers....would be interesting to see someone in it. Any cosplay pictures? XD

372950[/snapback]

Ask I thou shall recieve. My friend shares my fandom of Gunbuster, so he showed me a link to a photoshot a con friend of his did.

http://lionboogy.livejournal.com/274928.html#cutid1

Also:

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/40420/gallery/

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/40922/gallery/

So great to see Gunbuster cosplay, especially when it's done this well.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Hey, I have seen these images before and have even corresponded with the young woman Hilary who cosplayed as Noriko. I've been wanting to add a cosplay page to my site for a while, but have been unable to find any attractive images which would look good. Hilary and Ali did a lot of work on those costumes, almost 2 years, if I remember. I just wish they had done the shoes also...