Is Macross Zero ending with ep 5?

peter

Is Macross Zero ending with ep 5 or will there be a new series after? I was thinking it would be pretty cool if they followed the story right to the beginning of the original series....I suppose it's not likely, but what are the chances?

Actually, vol. 4 did fairly well. IIRC, it's sales/rentals did bring it to the top 10 for about 2 weeks....Unfortunately, I don't remember Yukikaze's sales for it's recent volume. Previous volumes have faired worst unfortunately. Sales did start low then as more volumes were released, its initial sales climbed up the charts*. Perhaps volume 5 will do well since it is the last episode in the series. After that...well, we're gonna have to wait for Sousei no Aquerion to finish. I haven't heard of the final episode count of the series but most of what I have heard is it will be 26-episodes (Premeires in October). If it is 26-episodes, then it will run to spring. After that is the DVD releases, so we're looking at early Summer 2005 for signs of Kawamori's next project. But this is assuming Aquerion is only 26 episodes. It may run longer, it may run shorter.

*(This is based on the Oricon charts)

dvd's are one thing...

but isn't Japan like Macross crazy too?

thus he's getting plenty of money just showing macross on TV?

i'm guessing it's nowhere near like "friends" in the states, but wouldn't macross get prime time slots? advertising during prime times (ie. super bowl) should get the networks plenty of cash, so wouldn't that be passed on to Macross' producers?

Actually, Macross has nowhere near the status as say something like Gundam. It seems to pretty much have the same status as american Macross (not robotech) fans.... a select group of diehards, maybe a few more that "know what it is", and more who "recall seeing it as a child", but nothing beyond that.

From what i heard, the ones that spend the most on anime stuff in japan are the kids, and none of them know what macross is, it's something for people our age, so it can't sell as much as let say Gundam or crap like pokemon and the followers of crappy anime series like that <_<

Well, the dvds are kind of pricey, but I was thinking, if Ghost in the Shell has gone on to a second series of stand alone complex, Mac Zero should too.

Well, the dvds are kind of pricey, but I was thinking, if Ghost in the Shell has gone on to a second series of stand alone complex, Mac Zero should too.

Ghost in the Shell is a TV series. Macross Zero is an OVA. OVA's don't have "seasons" :)

Japanese DVDs are always pricey. That why people buy the HK boots. And don't tell me you can't even afford $10-15 for a HK boot. Heck, sellers on E-bay have all 4 eps/HK boots for $20. That is not pricey.

Ghost in the Shell is a TV series. Macross Zero is an OVA. OVA's don't have "seasons" :)

I never said seasons, I said series......was Ghost in the Shell on TV? I never saw it while I was over there...what channel? What time and day of the week?

Stand Alone Complex was (is) pay-per view on Sky Perfect.

The first season was then picked up by 日テレ (Nihon Terebi for the font impared) I believe, but it could have been Terebi Tokyo, anyhow, the point is it was on TV. As for the time slot, I don't remember, as I saw no point in watching what I had already taped from Sky.

I was thinking if issues with HG is resolved, I think the huge demand from US would actually encourage Bandai to produced a another Macross series despite the low popularity of Macross in Japan. For example if you take Big-O, it was not popular in Japan but it was popular in the US that prompted them to make Big-O II.

I was thinking if issues with HG is resolved, I think the huge demand from US would actually encourage Bandai to produced a another Macross series despite the low popularity of Macross in Japan.  For example if you take Big-O, it was not popular in Japan but it was popular in the US that prompted them to make Big-O II.

Unfortunately, the license would go to whomever offered the best bid to Big West. Bandai Japan has video distribution rights in Japan, however that doesn't translate to the US distribution. Bandai Entertainment (USA) can enter into the running for M0, however, it is Big West's call.

Edited by azrael

I was thinking if issues with HG is resolved, I think the huge demand from US...

But is there a huge demand in the US (and here in Canada :) )? Sure there are some diehard fans, but is there really enough in the general population to warrant such a thing?