iMacross Servers

wrylac

Hello,

ftp server imacross4 is online.

imacross4.dynu.net

port 21

logon name: macrossmania

password: vf1a

I'll repost the imacross faq when shawn puts the old macrossworld server online for friday.

I'll try to edit the faq down, so it's easier to read and include information on what I found out about bittorrent files.

I don't know much about MIRC.

lu523 or anybody else, would you be able to write up a short set of directions on how to use MIRC?

Good to be back on MacrossWorld. B)

Hello,

ftp server imacross4 is online.

imacross4.dynu.net

port 21

logon name: macrossmania

password: vf1a

I'll repost the imacross faq when shawn puts the old macrossworld server online for friday.

I'll try to edit the faq down, so it's easier to read and include information on what I found out about bittorrent files.

I don't know much about MIRC.

lu523 or anybody else, would you be able to write up a short set of directions on how to use MIRC?

Good to be back on MacrossWorld. B)

I can write up how to use mIRC. It is fairly easy. Glad to see you Boinger. I can update your list if you want.

We should ask a long-standing member who plans on staying for a while (or a willing Mod) to actually make the first post in a pinned iMacross server thread. That way, they can constantly edit their 1st post (much to Agent ONE's chagrin :p ) to reflect the most up to date info on the currently running servers.

That way, us users won't have to peruse through pages and pages of posts just to find what's up and what's not.

I'm also stoopid with FTP. Lebhead told me how to do it and pointed me to a good FTP client (is that what you call it), but I accidentally deleted it and now I don't remember anything.

Dumb-dumb Jeff.

i can't get the tagged up version of the original post from the old board, but here's a quick cut and paste. i don't know how up-to-date this info is, so the individual iMacross servers will have to either let me know or post corrections here.

-----------------

The iMacross Family of Macross Servers

On these servers you will be able to download the entire Macross 7 series, including movies, sequels, extras, etc. You will also find other Macross material that hasn't been officially imported into the U.S. as well, like Flashback 2012. There are no Robotech, SDF: Macross, Macross Plus, or Macross II episodes or movies on these servers as they already have been officially released. Buy the DVDs! Support Macross and Robotech by buying the officially released products as they become available!.

To access the iMacross servers you will need either an ftp client or a Hotline client. Hotline and ftp clients can be downloaded for free at sites such as http://www.versiontracker.com and http://download.cnet.com . There are PC, Mac, and even Linux versions of ftp clients and the Hotline client available. Once you download the client, install it and use it to log onto either one of the iMacross servers with the information below.

iMacross Server Information

iMacross III

Server Name: imacrossIII

Server IP/Name: imacrossIII.dynu.com

Login Name: (your macrossworld name)

Login Password: vf1a

Server Type: ftp

Hours: as often as possible

Server Admin: lu523

iMacross IV

Server Name: imacross4

Server IP/Name: imacross4.myftp.org

Login Name: macrossmania

Login Password: vf1a

Server Type (hotline, ftp, etc): ftp

Server Admin: boinger

Admin e-mail: boinger5@mts.net

iMacross V

Server Name: iMacross V

Server IP/Name (ftp): imacrossv.myftp.org:2121

Login Name (ftp): (your Macross World user name)

Login Password (ftp): macrossworld

Server Type (hotline, ftp, website, etc): ftp (uploads) and website (downloads)

Port Number (ftp): 2121

Website Address: http://imacrossv.no-ip.com

Server Admin: charles55

Admin e-mail: csloan@ec.rr.com

iMacross VI - new

Server Name: iMacross VI

Server IP/Name: macross.serveftp.com

Login Name: anonymous

Login Password: (your e-mail address)

Server Type: ftp

Server Admin: khyron

Admin e-mail:

All server port numbers are default unless otherwise noted.

If any of the above info has changed, server admins please contact me. Thanks!

Edited by lebhead

and albino drew, a good ftp client for Mac OS X (what i believe you're running, if memory serves me right) is RBrowser Lite. it's a free download from Version Tracker:

http://www.versiontracker.com/redir.fcgi/k...serLite.3.2.dmg

just download and install the client, connect to the given IP (ex: 192.168.1.1) or domain name (ex: lebhead.com) and enter the given user name and password for the iMacross server that you want to connect to.

a good ftp client for Windows is Total Commander, which you can download from:

http://www.ghisler.com/download.htm

Hello,

imacross faq is posted.

nighttiger's picture database is online.

imacross2 appears to be offline.

imacross3 has a mirc server and his ftp server is offline.

imacross4 online.

imacross5 appears to be offline. ( I haven't pm 'd him yet on how he's doing. )

imacross6 appears to be offline. (I have never been able to connect to his ftp server nor get a pm back from him. Anybody else have better luck?)

there you go

imacross4 admin

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything from Charles lately? His server has been down for a very long time now.

If we have anything that the server guys might want, should we post it here before we start uploading it just to gauge responses, or should we just upload it period?

While server info thread is locked, should we lock this one also, just so that everyone can know what the current status of the servers is? I would hate to search 10 pages of threads just to find out if a particular server is running.

imacross4 online.

you could pm or email me, if you'd like to upload. I have a list of imacross 4 directory under the upload folder.

I haven't heard from charles55 either, but I haven't emailed him either. I don't know, maybe he's busy?

Hey,

About charles, i emailed him asking whether imacross 5 would be back online, but he replied that it would not.

Here is his reply:

"its not coming up again.

Life hit again, and no time has been available to try and put it up

again.

I am sorry, I havent even had to time to cruise MW in about 4 months.

Charles

So, well, i guess imacross V is no more and imacross III is irc. Imacross 2 is well, no idea, and imacross 6 i have no idea about as well, never been able to access it. That leaves Imacross4 as the only ftp one left. Best of luck it charles, and all for their future endevors, it was good while it lasted.

K

• 3 weeks later...

imacross4 offline.

I replaced my broken scanner and printer with hp 2210 psc all in one printer.

Now my camcorder no longer works and the hp sofware hasn't installed properly. :angry:

3 hours and still camcorder and printer is not working.

I have to get this camcorder to work because I have to get some stuff sold on ebay this week.

I might have to reformat.

bye for now.

imacross 4 online.

floppy drive needed to be replaced. I needed a new USB cable for the all in one printer and reinstalled windows me. So, printer and scanner are finally working. :) Just need to get the canon digital camcorder to work. <_<

The camcorder just stopped being recognized by windows me. I'm thinking it's a hardware problem because I just reinstalled windows me. So, I'm going to buy a new firewire and svhs cable. Then I might have to pick a digital camera if the canon camcorder has a burnt out firewire connector.

I just have to spend some money if I want to get selling on ebay by this weekend.

Sounds like you have more than your fair share of computer problems. I've heard nothing but bad things about Windows Me so you might want to think about upgrading the OS or going with Windows98 SE.

BTW - Thanks so much for keeping iMacross4 online. I'm currently watching Full Metal Panic and really enjoy it.

Imacross4 offline.

I'll be switching to winxp pro upgrade. I'm so fed up with windows me.

So, by the weekend everything will be updated and running smoothly.

I just wonder what happens with winxp registration when I want to upgrade my motherboard, cpu, video card and soundcard?

Edited by boinger

You made the right choice. I use to have ME, and it was a POS. Always crashing, taking too long to do certain tasks. Since I switched over to XP, I rarely crash anything. The OS has crashed on me once in 6 months, and that's only because I overtaxed my PC with about 8-10 running programs at once.

imacross4 offline for the weekend.

win me refuses to recognize my canon camcorder! Tried reinstalling. Tried installing win xp pro upgrade 2x and got a completely black screen after the install and no response from computer. At least, I could uninstall and get back to the dysfunctional windows me.

I tried virus check (no viruses), adaware (no spyware), no driver conflicts, sys c:, fdisk/mbr, reinstalling windows me. Uninstalled virus checks or incompatible xp programs, but win xp refuses to start up; just hangs on a black screen after choosing to boot into xp.

looks like I have to do some backing up of my computer and reformat to get to win xp.

I just wonder what happens with winxp registration when I want to upgrade my motherboard, cpu, video card and soundcard?

I can't remember the exact specs, but you can swap out an X number of hardware components without having to re-register. If you swap out the mb, video, and cpu all at the same time, then you will probably have to register again because it will be like a new machine. However, if you just drop in a new video card, it shouldn't give you any trouble.

imacross4 offline for the weekend.

win me refuses to recognize my canon camcorder! Tried reinstalling. Tried installing win xp pro upgrade 2x and got a completely black screen after the install and no response from computer. At least, I could uninstall and get back to the dysfunctional windows me.

I tried virus check (no viruses), adaware (no spyware), no driver conflicts, sys c:, fdisk/mbr, reinstalling windows me. Uninstalled virus checks or incompatible xp programs, but win xp refuses to start up; just hangs on a black screen after choosing to boot into xp.

looks like I have to do some backing up of my computer and reformat to get to win xp.

I would recommend not trying to update Win98 and doing a reformat/fresh install of WinXP. I've always heard problems of people trying to upgrade. I think the source of problems are XP using current Win98 drivers when it can't find new XP drivers for your hardware. There could also be background programs that are not XP compatible that will try to run on bootup. I feel it is always best to start fresh when you can. When I upgraded to XP from 98, I bought a new harddrive and installed XP on that. I still had my old harddrive where I could still boot into 98. Some of my older programs had to be upgraded/patched to run in XP. It was far easier to deal with these issues one at a time instead of all together.

If it helps to say, I think all windows programs after 98SE just blow, my XP HE2K sucks monkey nutters and my laptop is just as bad to boot. My screen frags into lil pixels at random moments, it will turn off and shut down at bad moments, it's got memory leaks, viruses always get in and I gotta search and destroy with extreme prejudece. It really pisses me off and I've TRIED to contact the guys from FRY's to say "HEY! YOU SOLD ME A PIECE OF CRAP DO SOMETHING OR FACE THE FEAR OF A MAN WITH DUAL BARETTA'S AND CHEAT CODES!"

Edited by Hikuro

If it helps to say, I think all windows programs after 98SE just blow, my XP HE2K sucks monkey nutters and my laptop is just as bad to boot. My screen frags into lil pixels at random moments, it will turn off and shut down at bad moments, it's got memory leaks, viruses always get in and I gotta search and destroy with extreme prejudece. It really pisses me off and I've TRIED to contact the guys from FRY's to say "HEY! YOU SOLD ME A PIECE OF CRAP DO SOMETHING OR FACE THE FEAR OF A MAN WITH DUAL BARETTA'S AND CHEAT CODES!"

Sounds like you need to burn down the HD and start over. At least check or change your video drivers. It also sounds like there are problems with the HD or the firmware of your laptop. XP cannot be blamed for everything when there are ton of bad programs/drivers out there. Viruses are always going to be a problem and its not always Microsofts fault. XP is the better all around Windows out there right now. Win98 sucks because it is still a DOS based OS and has little to no security or system controls. If I were you, I would just burn down the HD and reinstall WinXP.

imacross4 offline for now.

Going back to Futureshop again with the XP pro upgrade with the 2nd copy of xp upgrade.

I think I would have to let Futureshop install XP for me, so I could be offline for more than a week.

I was finally able to connect back to the internet just now with tech support from MTS. Windows me messed up the tcp/ip info some how.

I tried installing XP 15 times in the last 4 days: 7 win me to xp ugrades, 5 full fat32 formats to win me to xp, 3 NTFS full formats to xp. I still get installation errors from "corrupt or missing files" - sp1.cab, sp2.cab. What a waste of a week. From what I can tell, I would have to upgrade my whole computer before XP would install properly.

I'm back on a fully reformatted windows me, which is working fine now.

bye for now.

Take your time, while your doing that I'm just downloading episodes 1-5 of Double Zeta and putting what I got of Zeta Gundam into CD so when I DO trash this computer I wont loose everything I worked hard to find. And if all else is cool, I'll try and add Double Zeta episodes to the server listings for others to watch...but I can only get I think 1-15...

imacross4 online.

my abit be6 motherboard doesn't like win xp much.

I can only install or run winxp on the motherboard defaults, so a 800 mhz cpu can only run at 533 mhz. Then I had to find a beta highpoint controller to get my other hard drives recognized by winxp. I eventually figured out that win xp only installs one hard drive at a time. All 3 hard drives needed to have the jumper pins reset specifically so that win xp would not lock up when it couldn't recognize the hard drive. 15 hours later because I just refuse to let this computer and software cost me $50.00 more for computer repairs.

Everything is working and usable.

Hopefully, I don't have to do this too often with win xp. :blink:

Groovey Kimosabi, now I can finish my episode 50 of Zeta Gundam so i can finish putting everything to CD : / my Double Zeta episodes are slow as hell from Anime Skyscraper, I wish they would just put it one episode at a time and not 5 or 6 all at once, I HATE THAT...but I'll try and put those in Imacross 4 when I finish downloading 'em.