Spiderman

MacrossX

I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on this new Spiderman animation show. I checked out the official site and the episode guide says ep #106 and up. I happened to catch it tonight and I am very impressed with it (nice drawing, cinematic effects, nice designs on the characters, good techno background music and for the first time, spidey walks and swings like a real spider, I also like the slimmer looks of Spiderman much like the comic). When did this show start? Have I missed more than 100 episodes already!? :( I noticed the design of this Spiderman is similiar to the movie version, so was it started slightly after the movie? The last time I got impressed with a western cartoon was Gargoyles for its well written plots (Too bad Disney cancelled the show). Anyone remember that!?

Edited by MacrossX

No, you havent missed a hundred or so episodes. The show started about a month or two ago on MTV. I really dig the show too, it's way betta than the old skool Spiderman and Friends that aired on thesaturday morning cartoons. I hope they keep it up and betta yet, put the first season on DVD.

It seems the new trend in animation is following the video game industry, in using cel shaded graphics.

I have no real opinion on this, as it does look nice, but takes a little bit of getting used to.

It also seems to follow the movie continuity as well.

Overall, it's not bad, but the jury is still out on this one.

oh man, I love this series!! the only thing is I didn't know electro was going to be like that. It would be nice to have him in the original costume but up to date with today's trends. I also like how spidey can open and close his eyes just like some of the comics! The only thing that I find weird is that in every episode, they wear the same damn clothes!! I find that pretty funny!! :p:D:lol:

oh man, I love this series!! the only thing is I didn't know electro was going to be like that. It would be nice to have him in the original costume but up to date with today's trends. I also like how spidey can open and close his eyes just like some of the comics! The only thing that I find weird is that in every episode, they wear the same damn clothes!! I find that pretty funny!! :p:D:lol:

Phew....I thought I missed more than 100 episodes of the show. I have only seen 1 episode and I am impressed enough to record it. Can't they use the notation such as 1.06 instead!? I thought I was in a coma to have missed so many episodes. I also like the way they show the Spidey's emotions through the eyes, much like in the comic. I haven't followed any comics for a long time, and may be it is time for me to check out the Ultimate Spiderman.

This is Electro. He looks like the Silversurfer. They also have a new look for the Lizard and yes, he is literally a lizard. I think it is very nice for them to keep the familiar villains without recycling the looks. I wonder if there will be any new looks for the Carnage and Venom.

Having the same clothes is not as bad as having spiderman swinging before the same background. I still watch the classic Spiderman and it still amazes me how "economical" they are, reusing the same background over and over again. They didn't even want to complete the web drawings on the costume......

post-26-1062886821.jpg

Great series so far. It's interesting that the series picks up right after the movie finishes. I think the show and the movie are in the same "universe" actually. The series gives Spider-man what was lacking in the movie. His smart-ass mouth. The quotes spidey quips while fighting are great!

I find the voice acting great but wierd.

Spider-man/Peter Parker ---- Neil Patrick Harris

Mary Jane Watson ---- Lisa Loeb

Harry Osborn ---- Ian Ziering

Ever since I found out, I kept on seeing Doogie Howser chatting it up with Lisa Loeb and Steve Sanders (90210). Errr...sorry in advance if i ruined it for other people.

Drew

Edited by Briareos

don't know if any of yall saw the ep with the Kingpin, but i thought it was neat that they got Michael Clark Duncan to do the VA. hes the one who played the role of Kingpin in the Daredevil Movie. also cool is that Spiderman mentions the X-men in an episode. maybe they'll bring these characters in in future episodes....

I haven't seen the King Pin episode yet, I think it is on next week for us.

I am also impressed with the incorporation of human movements into the cartoon characters. It is pretty realistic. Peter has demonstrated his "smart-ass" attitude in the episode I saw. He quickly answered the instructor's question but his attention was really with MJ and Osborne.

I like it a lot and I am a Spidey fan. The animation is a little.... wierd for my tastes but aside from that everything is nice. Also they show the previous week's new ep as the second half hour of this week. Kinda weird....

vinnie ----> wishes he had Mary Jane Watson pining away for him. Oh wait! Did I say that out loud? :o

I think the show is pretty good. Although the computer motion looks somewhat archaic and we all know there's a lot better out there. the swinging and fighting action are pretty good. The colors and the sarcastic teenager attitude is what makes the cartton a well done product.

Don't worry if you missed some chapters MacrossX, we all know it will eventually come out on DVD...

anybody seen the episode with silver sable? I missed that one and was wondering if it was a good episode. Anyway, I also wanted to point out one thing that bothers me at the end of the intro to the show. It's where spidey takes off his mask and peter parker just has this constipated look on his face and it just cracks me up everytime I see it! Does anybody else notice this? :p:D:lol: