Ace Combat 5

I was just thinking, a perfect way that we wouldn't "mind" wingmen so much:

If we get credit for their kills. Or partial credit. Or if unlocking new planes can also count kills/exp from your other squadron members. Think how awesome this would be:

You fly an F-14A, and work towards getting the F-14B. You assign your wingmen to fly F-15C's, and their kills count towards unlocking the F-15E! That'd be great. Just make wingmen kills worth less than your own, to encourage unlocking planes "yourself".

Will have a post later once a certain site is working again, but in the mean time I thought of something:

AC always has "hidden" planes in missions---like the SR-71 and XB-70 which are worth BIG points if you can find and shoot them down in AC4. Any ideas/wants for this kind of stuff in AC5?

Cool "what-if" XB-70 schemes:

http://www.jsfedwards.com/b70.html

Hopefully they'll let us fly higher this time! Need 80,000ft for an anti-satellite shot. :)

Anyways---one of the disappointments for me in AC4 was the lack of "normal" Flankers. Yes, most games have too many, but AC4 had only the most advanced, not-in-service-and-might-never-be-in-service Super Flanker prototypes, etc. Su-27 would have been welcome, as would the Su-33. Su-32/34 have good export chances, and the 30MKK and 30MKI are in service. So anyways---what Flankers in what schemes do you want in the game? IMHO, one of the all-time coolest camo schemes period, is the Ukranian splinter camo which is slowly being applied to their Flanker squadrons. It fades rather quickly, so this one looks much more "rich" than the usual in-service ones. Amazing that this is "everyday" camo.

Edited by David Hingtgen

And I've just been waiting a long time to post this somewhere on MW.com, and this is a good enough chance.

Late in the game, my 4-plane squadron (with me at the lead) will probably look something like this:

(God I wish I could see a Russian airshow someday)

Not a big deal, since it doesn't change the ship date, but Ace Combat 5 officially went gold.

For those not in the know, when a game "goes gold," it means that it's 100% complete, and the masters are shipped to the factory for pressing. I guess the masters used to be gold discs, although I understand that today the masters are usually digital tapes.

I doubt there's going to be anything much to talk about in the next few days until it comes out, but I would like to say this:

Yes, Japan gets it a few days before the US, and there'll probably be stuff posted at many message boards. So please don't post here any plot spoiler-ish stuff you may find out, we'll all find out soon enough anyways.

THe strategy guide(USA version) is supposed to be out either now or this week. HEH can you guys believe I had a dream I was playing it and unlike the demo, they got the F-14s wing sweep all wrong! I remember in my dream mumbling "wtf"? And then I awoke realizing it was just a dream lol.

Anyone who beats it please just state whether the secret planes look bette than the X-02 or XFA-27/

I personally had no problems with the 4th story, was fine in my opinion. But now we got exactly 1 week till the release and I can already just picture going Max Jenius style on this game 0_o.

It SHIPS exactly one week from today. Unless you live in California, that generally means it won't be in stores until a week from tomorrow... that is, not until Tuesday 10-26. Most games aren't street dated the way movies are.

Haven't had a problem getting them on the promised day at all. Unless it was Invasion.....had to get the stupid thing in PS2 format....gah!

Anyone catch the signment in XPlay with the guy who brought in his racing SIM that cost him 30 grand to build? Now imagine one of those for Ace Combat 0_o oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I feel all warm and fuzzy already.

THis is potentially dissapointing news for some but over @gamefaqs, people are saying namco has a new press release stating "blurry" from ppuddle of mud is the OFFICIAL song of the game.

Not sure if this will piss off anyone but it sure pisses me off. <_<

\OH well, as long as most of the soundtrack resembles the good songs from AC2/4 I will be alright.

BTW magicbox usuall gives 6/7's so an 8/9 is GOOD!

Ya its up at gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/18/news_6110753.html

Its probably(and hopefully) just played during the game opening. Puddle of Mudd sucks. Gimme some Slayer or Pantera lol.

EDIT I can't read lol

The multiplatinum rock group's hit song "Blurry" will appear in the opening trailer and in several other segments of the dogfighting game, which ships to retail on October 25

and some Namco corporate BS. I wonder if this song will be in the Japanese version.

Interestingly enough, “the Ace Combat 5 development team had this song in mind when creating the game,” said Yoshi Niki, business unit director at Namco Hometek.
Edited by dejr8bud

Remember, AC4's "official" song only plays if you let the ending credits go. I hadn't actually WON the game for so long I forgot it had one... Same for Castlevania SOTN. Heck, most Final Fantasy games are like that now. Usually the entire rest of the soundtrack is quite different. The AC5 demo had very AC4-esque music, (could be placeholder music), and that's what I expect. I expect the talked-about AC2-esque music to be in Arcade mode.

I don't recall JDAM's in AC4. Though of course, I never used the higher-end planes to bomb. Nothing else to do at the moment, will go look.

::this space reserved for editing:: Whoops, F-22 has JDAM's. Fooled by the color. (JDAM's have a very distinctive look due to the jacket--being a solid color messes that up in AC4)

Laser-guided bombs are not "drop and forget". If accurate, they should be much like the Sparrow--gotta keep the marker in the circle. (Unless you've got an F-111, which can pretty self-designate at any angle) F-117 in AC4 has Paveways, but I didn't try them out while I was checking weapons.

JDAM's generally are programmed with their targets before the plane takes off. In the future they'll probably be linked to either the plane's radar or AWACS or something to allow re-targeting, but at the moment you can't say, find a tank and drop a JDAM on it right then and there.

PS--I figured there'd be a Bombcat or at least a weapons upgrade, since otherwise there's no point in having the B and the D as separate planes. (Heck, there's not much real-life difference nowadays, comparing a LANTIRN F-14B Upgrade and a D)

If they really love us, they'll let us load HARM's and AMRAAM's on them. F-14: can and has carried most anything, certified for very few...

Edited by David Hingtgen

It would be cool if the D could use its IRST but I doubt it will in AC5,

NO the gun in A-10 in AC4 was not modeled correctly. It was just like any other gun in the game. AFDS might have modeled it correctly but I have yet to use the A-10 in that game. I also dislike how you could get teh A-10 supersonicc in AC4...hopefully it has its retribution in AC5.

BTW a new commercial is suppposedly on to.