2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

35673D5A-69E5-42ED-A497-41FCD6B25CC4.jpeg.305529c3ee008137dc7167ee12812ea4.jpeg

Scotty.

If you hadn’t have said Scotty, I wouldn’t have known who this was supposed to be. 
He looks so angry, like he’s tired of everything the red shirts have gone through over the years and is now aggressively starting the infamous Red Shirt Rebellion 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheaper then the first release, and it comes with more? Yikes, people hate on Bandai for doing this, Hiya takes it a step further. Still a pass for me, none of these companies have made a movie accurate KotM Ghidorah yet, they're all inaccurate in different ways, oh well, I'm fine with my original release MonsterArts figure. 

On 1/26/2024 at 7:06 PM, sh9000 said:

90088DF5-218B-4403-BCBE-65D500A1C817.jpeg.ad6f290105973cc135e13dcd4a98c6e4.jpeg

Spirit Iron-Knife.

Not a fan of this style, especially on a 4 inch fig. The level of detail attempted is ludicrous at this scale. All the wrinkles and paint washing makes everything look messy and dirty. I guess if you need things to look ultra gritty to make yourself feel like you're not playing with toys? Even that base/stand looks depressing. As usual, the attempt at gritty realism is at odds with the mall ninja armored knee pads.

I got to check out my buddies Hiya Ghidorah yesterday and I'm even less impressed and even more glad I didn't preorder. It's not a terrible figure, but it's not the holy grail, MonsterArts crushing figure I think many had hoped it would be.

It's not movie accurate, the sculpt or colors, the neck articulation is somewhat fixed and just really limited overall, not anywhere near as poseable as the MonsterArts, and the wings are kind of a mess, yeah they're articulated and I'd say better overall then the MonsterArts giant, heavy static wings, but they're so segmented they look awful most of the time and they're flimsy and clumsy to manipulate. He also has some QC issues, paint, one of the heads haw a lower jaw that's fixed and stuck in a crappy position, it's just not what he was hoping for. Overall, it's still far cheaper then the MonsterArts, and between the two I'd probably recommend new buyers to grab the Hiya, but I'm still glad I personally own the MonsterArts first release, neither of the super gold versions look good because that color scheme just isn't accurate to anything, it's more an homage color to older Ghidorahs.

The MonsterArts is a better sculpt overall IMO, and as plain as the original release is, the colors are better then the odd brown used throughout the Hiya. Now there's a gold release coming that's cheaper and I just don't know what to think, how is it cheaper but it comes with more then the first release? Whatever, I'm in for Hiya's Evolved purple Godzilla, and I'm sure they'll do Shimo and Skar King too, which I'll grab both, I have a feeling Bandai has zero intention of doing new sculpts for this movie, they already showed their absolutely ass looking Godzilla for this movie and it's the same sculpt from years ago, same with Kong but I really like that figure, hopefully they fixed some of the QC on this new release. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-ordered Shimo, I doubt Bandai will make a Shimo or Scar King, the way they already half-assed their Kong and Godzilla is quite telling, I think they're going minimum effort on New Empire. 

• 3 weeks later...