Jump to content
EastwindS2k

Anti-U.N. logo, which one?

Recommended Posts

Which is the "official" Anti-U.N. logo in the story? Is the one in Zero just for a terrorist group? 

VDLDdjZ-nkQ8NoEqPLYNPcIJzFDXS5t_kwoKoMyygdcfqOz57KGdg7ucdI0UNfJKBXvjm3ujKeIbH8c1GJKJH_kWU4Sv33BSPdhB_mDJWe0hC_FjWLsfXXSBjOJt7ktcLa-FBay6  in Macross

MiM31.png.976613b572f9b3db624232feece943bc.png          

download.jpg.1637f7817d384f020de2501fc3832d59.jpg

 

3IxRezu3VcY5veoSPR9vdEls5k4_uxnlL3EEkxGaxX7r4u1orw0T8w90q43N-Zvc5OFP5xUk396dP4ydD8R2OI2r_qajB5SsG2YO9yc8cFLYLiHHxfpQ7hp3MCQ95DrbvgeRQXPQ  in Macross Zero

IvanovNora.PNG.5b2ed020b9324c1112183ad8c910a836.png.9f526d1a57b20fb1944b79ff58c6ca32.png

Edited by EastwindS2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the first one... the markings on the SV-51's are squadron marks I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THey both could be.  IIRC there were multiple Anti-UN factions, some better armed and funded then others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably going to need someone with more background knowledge to chime in here.  But my personal head-cannon/understanding is that the Anti-U.N. forces are more a  loosely coordinated group of various factions/governments, each with their own military programs, etc.  Rather than a single-unified anti-government... government. 

So I would just assume they are two different factions that are both a part of the anti-UN coalition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's been a while, but IIRC the pointed cross is the AUN symbol.

It likely morphed into that from the earlier one as the UN conquered parts of the AUN.

 

 

Just now, Knight26 said:

THey both could be.  IIRC there were multiple Anti-UN factions, some better armed and funded then others.

by the time zero happend it's kind of implied by Nora [and that creepy old doctor in the chair] that 'Operation Capture the Bird-Human' is the AUN's last-gasp as any sort of offensive military force...

but that could've just been their faction... which had a squadron of SV-51's, a submarine VF-Carrier, and the aforementioned creepy-protoculture-obsessed doctor... which implies to me that the force we meet in Zero is, in fact, the AUN's main force [or what's left of it]

Edited by slide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In light of how TPTB favor the DYRL narrative to Macross's overall storyline, doesn't that make that sequence from the TV invalid (since it implies that the F-15 Eagle inspired the VF program) with Zero's introduction of the VF-0, clearly inspired by the F-14 Tomcat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 10:21 AM, EastwindS2k said:

Which is the "official" Anti-U.N. logo in the story? Is the one in Zero just for a terrorist group? 

VDLDdjZ-nkQ8NoEqPLYNPcIJzFDXS5t_kwoKoMyygdcfqOz57KGdg7ucdI0UNfJKBXvjm3ujKeIbH8c1GJKJH_kWU4Sv33BSPdhB_mDJWe0hC_FjWLsfXXSBjOJt7ktcLa-FBay6  in Macross

         

3IxRezu3VcY5veoSPR9vdEls5k4_uxnlL3EEkxGaxX7r4u1orw0T8w90q43N-Zvc5OFP5xUk396dP4ydD8R2OI2r_qajB5SsG2YO9yc8cFLYLiHHxfpQ7hp3MCQ95DrbvgeRQXPQ  in Macross Zero

Macross Chronicle uses Macross Zero's cross emblem as the formal insignia of the Anti-Unification Alliance.

It was used on both the SV-51s and the MiG-29s that appeared in the Macross Zero OVA, and it's also used on their Worldguide sheet for the Alliance.

 

 

On 9/30/2019 at 12:08 PM, Knight26 said:

THey both could be.  IIRC there were multiple Anti-UN factions, some better armed and funded then others.

They are described as being a loose alliance of the various national partisan groups who were opposed to the introduction of the one world government... so it's certainly possible.

 

 

On 9/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, slide said:

by the time zero happend it's kind of implied by Nora [and that creepy old doctor in the chair] that 'Operation Capture the Bird-Human' is the AUN's last-gasp as any sort of offensive military force...

but that could've just been their faction... which had a squadron of SV-51's, a submarine VF-Carrier, and the aforementioned creepy-protoculture-obsessed doctor... which implies to me that the force we meet in Zero is, in fact, the AUN's main force [or what's left of it]

The official Macross chronology does tend to agree with that implication, indicating that the Anti-Unification Alliance was more or less on the ropes and the Unification Wars were at least officially considered to have already been over for like a year at the time Macross Zero is set due to the Russian partisans withdrawing their support for the Alliance.  Likely their reason for pulling out had something to do with the Alliance destroying the city of St. Petersburg with a thermonuclear reaction weapon.

How last of a gasp the Mayan Island incident actually was varies depending on the story.  The main Macross chronology does indicate the Alliance collapsed about two months after the Mayan Island incident when the remainder of its sponsors abandoned the organization.  Macross the First has a laster-than-that gasp in the form of a Fourth Defensive Battle of South Ataria island on Christmas Eve, 2008.  The Alliance submarine carrier Kursk launched a surprise attack on South Ataria near midnight as part of an attempt to nuke the island with a reaction warhead mounted on a remotely operated SV-51.

 

 

On 9/30/2019 at 8:36 PM, TehPW said:

In light of how TPTB favor the DYRL narrative to Macross's overall storyline, doesn't that make that sequence from the TV invalid (since it implies that the F-15 Eagle inspired the VF program) with Zero's introduction of the VF-0, clearly inspired by the F-14 Tomcat?

I don't believe TPTB have ever implied the F-15 Eagle inspired the VF-1 program.  Even the original tech manual from '84 is pretty blatant about the VF-1 having been based on the F-14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...