Kickstarter Gunsmith Cats edition

I read that he was going to make Gunsmith Cats next some months ago. I will continue to say I'm disappointed with the first "test" of Bubblegum Crisis OVA as each release has more content that Bubblegum Crisis should have received. Artbooks, manga, etc. To me Bubblegum Crisis is far better than Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats. They really shouldn't even kickstart this stuff anyways as they are always available after the Kickstarter is over and they have to know at least so far that these are the popular anime series. Maybe they will attempt a more niche one next.

10 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Ah GSK, what a fun series.

Was Woodhead in charge when Animeigo did the Macross remaster?

Yeah. That was a long time ago now.

The Kickstarter projects appear to be focusing on Kenichi Sonada's classic library. It will be very interesting to see where Robert Woodhead takes things once all Kenichi Sonada's classic series are out on blu. I agree with @JetJockey about it being a bummer that Bubblegum Crisis didn't get more exclusives, like a bonus artbook.

That said, I'm pretty happy and I've backed all Woodhead's projects to date. There are worse Kickstarter projects to fund, that's for sure.

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I don't normally do Kickstarters... but this is SORELY tempting.

What're we looking at in terms of backer rewards on top of the media itself?

A lot of the initial top-tier rewards have been taken, but Woodhead has a habit of adding extra reward tiers. The standard tiers allow you to choose 1-3 of the following extras:

• Matched Pair of Patches 
  • Collector's coin
  • 1.5" Keychain
  • A hand-painted pink hand-grenade pin.
  • Large Softcover Artbook - a larger version of the artbook that's included in the chipboard case. This larger artbook includes color art. It counts as 3 extras. 
Edited by technoblue
reward info

4 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

I still want AD Police , BG Crash as well as Madox but if KSing their other helps them get done I'm for it.  Helps I like the stuff they're KSing and that they won't drop the price on their online store after the KS is done.  

I think there was a reason he didn't make or add AD Police and Crash to the original Kickstarter but I can't remember right now. I know people asked as they were calling it the ultimate set. Maybe if they do get around to AD Police and Crash, they can redo Bubblegum Crisis OVA in the form that they are making Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats. I've never seen AD Police but I recall Kenichi Sonoda didn't have as much input on Crash as the original Crisis. I know he did the artwork for the three promotional art pieces. I need to check my Sonoda Artworks book for any others. I think I have the Crash B-Club packed away somewhere.

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I don't normally do Kickstarters... but this is SORELY tempting.

What're we looking at in terms of backer rewards on top of the media itself?

The high priced sketch stuff went quick. You needed to be watching to get those. I probably would have gone for one of the original hankens at Anime-Link first though.

You guys might like this.