It's a shame that Berserk, being a fantasy series with lots of action, gets such shoddy 3D animation from a minor studio, while slice of life novels get top of the line 2D animation adaptions. It's a crazy world out there.

21 minutes ago, Marzan said:

It's a shame that Berserk, being a fantasy series with lots of action, gets such shoddy 3D animation from a minor studio, while slice of life novels get top of the line 2D animation adaptions. It's a crazy world out there.

It's interesting that next season we are getting a season 2 of Rage of Bahamut and that has more realistic human designs like Berserk and that show looks fantastic. It's strange that no more well-known studio wants to take on Berserk when other shows kind of like it can be done well. Crazy world indeed. 

Kyoani's Violet Evergarden looks breathtaking and I never heard of this LN before, yet it is getting the utmost attention to detail. 

Just now, SuperHobo said:

It's interesting that next season we are getting a season 2 of Rage of Bahamut and that has more realistic human designs like Berserk and that show looks fantastic. It's strange that no more well-known studio wants to take on Berserk when other shows kind of like it can be done well. Crazy world indeed. 

Kyoani's Violet Evergarden looks breathtaking and I never heard of this LN before, yet it is getting the utmost attention to detail. 

That' exactly what pisses me off so much. Berserk is a huuuggee property. The manga has been translated to so many languages and sold 8 million copies outside Japan (and more than 25 million in Japan). It should be getting the top of the line adaptation treatment by a big studio like Madhouse, not what it has now.

11 minutes ago, Marzan said:

That' exactly what pisses me off so much. Berserk is a huuuggee property. The manga has been translated to so many languages and sold 8 million copies outside Japan (and more than 25 million in Japan). It should be getting the top of the line adaptation treatment by a big studio like Madhouse, not what it has now.

It's almost as if Miura is allowing this crap to happen so that way his manga will be the definitive adaptation regardless of who tries to animate it. I've waited 10 years to see the berserker armor animated and it will be coming to all of us in glorious cheap looking black CG. :C  

1 minute ago, SuperHobo said:

It's almost as if Miura is allowing this crap to happen so that way his manga will be the definitive adaptation regardless of who tries to animate it. I've waited 10 years to see the berserker armor animated and it will be coming to all of us in glorious cheap looking black CG. :C  

Let's look on the bright side. At least they don't mess with the story too much.

Maybe Miura just wants to stealthily lower our expectations for the ending of Berserk with this show. He'll end it with Casca being fixed and everyone being happy to stay in Elfhelm, no need to get revenge since Griffith is such an upstanding leader :lol:.

17 hours ago, dizman said:

Maybe Miura just wants to stealthily lower our expectations for the ending of Berserk with this show. He'll end it with Casca being fixed and everyone being happy to stay in Elfhelm, no need to get revenge since Griffith is such an upstanding leader :lol:.

:lol: Oh lord if that happened I'm turning in my anime/manga fan badge and jumping off the ship. 

20 hours ago, dizman said:

I'd travel to Japan, track him down and slap him senseless screaming " A quarter of a century of manga for this!!!"  if that  was the case.

Seriously now, I don't think he'll ever finish it. He's at least 50 or 60 chapters aways from anything resembling an ending and at the pace he's going...doubt it

Ugh. That POS previous season had terrible animation and this follow up does not look remotely better.  Miura is a lost cause at this point; he will not dedicate his time and energies to completing BERSERK.  Been a fan since the beginning but his work pace speaks volumes and does not instill any hope.  Also as others have commented it is a mystery why no reputable studio has not taken on this great title.

• 1 year later...

Don't panic there isn't a new anime season confirmed yet, just wanted to give a little update on the manga. If you are an old fan that lost patience with the series long ago now might be a good time to catch back up with the manga, things are actually happening in the story! Of course there is rumor that Berserk is going back on hiatus but the latest chapter is probably worth it :lol:

1 hour ago, dizman said:

Don't panic there isn't a new anime season confirmed yet, just wanted to give a little update on the manga. If you are an old fan that lost patience with the series long ago now might be a good time to catch back up with the manga, things are actually happening in the story! Of course there is rumor that Berserk is going back on hiatus but the latest chapter is probably worth it :lol:

Yeah wow episode 355 - only seen a small spoiler but if it is true major plot development

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm not too familiar with Berserk but I watched the movies on Netflix this week. Well made and fun. The dubbed version started by default and it was so good that I didn't even notice which is nice as it kept my eyes on the action instead of at the bottom of the screen reading subtitles.

If you want to continue with the series I'd highly recommend reading the manga. Skip the 2016/17 CG series, while it does pick up right where the third movie leaves off it's just the laziest kind of trashy CG animation out there. There's also the 1997 anime but that goes over the same arc that the movies did, it's still a good show though.

18 hours ago, dizman said:

If you want to continue with the series I'd highly recommend reading the manga. Skip the 2016/17 CG series, while it does pick up right where the third movie leaves off it's just the laziest kind of trashy CG animation out there. There's also the 1997 anime but that goes over the same arc that the movies did, it's still a good show though.

I just finished the last movie. Open ended which is normal for most things Japanese, I guess. Is the manga open ended too?

8 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I just finished the last movie. Open ended which is normal for most things Japanese, I guess. Is the manga open ended too?

As in has it been completed? No, it's still ongoing as of this point. The current anime isn't anywhere near the current events of the manga.