Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Kickstarter

boinger

You're right, there is something about that common thread that seems to make MST3K better.

Try the RiffTrax live shows (Santa Claus Meets the Ice Cream Bunny in a few week.) for a closer fix on that MST3K feel. No puppets, no SOL, but the live audience and the riffers shown on the side of the screen really add to the experience, and the shorts that they add in as well.

2 million for 3 episodes of this!?!

I never understood the appeal of this show. Sure it is fun to make fun of a bad movie while watching it so why do you need to watch other people do it? Isn't that something you can do with friends?

2 million for 3 episodes of this!?!

I never understood the appeal of this show. Sure it is fun to make fun of a bad movie while watching it so why do you need to watch other people do it? Isn't that something you can do with friends?

They break down what goes into that 2 million and it makes perfect sense.

Edited by Mommar

• 3 years later...

I'll revive the dead to say that the second season of the "new" MST3K dropped on Netflix today (perfect day for it) and the riffing on "Mac and Me" is some of the best of ANY MST3K ever.  The movie itself is a dreadful piece of work but probably cost more to license then their usual fare since I remember it being a major release when it came out.  Next up is "Atlantic Rim" which I think is one of those Asylum ripoff titles.