Ground Vehicles in multiple scales

tundrayeti

Got another update. My modifications arrived today and I have started making molds. The 1/72 set will ship by Thanksgiving. Thanks to everyone who got the 1/72 set. Your patience will pay off soon. I didn't get all of the order, still waiting for the wheels and steering wheels. They should be here before the deadline. In the meantime, I will now be taking orders for the 1/60 scale set. Send me a PM if you want a set. they will basically be the same as the 1/72 set, so the parts i have already posted will be what you get, just bigger. I will be able to add a bit more to this set like an extend-able boom. I will also get started on the 1/48 boom truck since it will be able to be CNC machined. So for now, if you want a 1/60 set, send me a PM and get on the list now.

I will post the rest of the casted parts in the set this weekend.

Thanks everyone!

Got another update. My modifications arrived today and I have started making molds. The 1/72 set will ship by Thanksgiving. Thanks to everyone who got the 1/72 set. Your patience will pay off soon. I didn't get all of the order, still waiting for the wheels and steering wheels. They should be here before the deadline. In the meantime, I will now be taking orders for the 1/60 scale set. Send me a PM if you want a set. they will basically be the same as the 1/72 set, so the parts i have already posted will be what you get, just bigger. I will be able to add a bit more to this set like an extend-able boom. I will also get started on the 1/48 boom truck since it will be able to be CNC machined. So for now, if you want a 1/60 set, send me a PM and get on the list now.

I will post the rest of the casted parts in the set this weekend.

Thanks everyone!

When you get a chance could you post a picture with all the vehicles included in the set?

When you get a chance could you post a picture with all the vehicles included in the set?

I will be posting pictures of the whole set once I have them. My silicon is still curing so It will be late Sunday. the only hiccup is the printing service I use ran out of the detail material. So all the small parts like wheels and steering wheel are still on order but the main parts are here.

Okay just another quick update. I was gonna post this last night but I fell asleep. here are the some more of the casted parts. The forklift truck came out great. The tow tractor did not come out good, so it will have a new mold made, but I threw a quick wash on it so you guys can at least see the detail on it. I also got an email from the printers saying the detail parts are now being mad so it's all coming together guys. Anyone who still wants a set pm me. keep those 1/60 orders coming guys, next stop 1/48!

post-7782-128988171786_thumb.jpg

Hello All, just another quick update.

After getting some input from a couple members and due to the fact I'm not really happy with how the boom truck is turning out, I have modified the boom truck model to make it easier to cast and more importantly, easier to assemble and detail. The mods have already been ordered but this will delay the release of the 1/72 scale set. I apologize, but I'm sure everyone would rather I get it right. I have attached a picture of the modified model. Please post any comments. It won't be delayed much, just a couple days. So I'm now looking to ship these out after thanksgiving weekend. On the positive side though, all the bugs are being worked out on this set, so the others will go more smoothly.

Thanks

post-7782-129000530981_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the understanding. Well the old design probably would have worked I wasn't getting that warm fuzzy feeling from it. this design also incorporates an improved boom system for the base. The base will not only have the post for support, it will also sit in a pocket. Of course with all the kinks worked out these designs will transfer over to the 1/60 and 1/48 scale sets. so far i only have 3 people interested in the 1/60 scale set. So come on guys get on the list or it may be skipped. I might as start taking orders for the 1/48 scale set as well. No money will be taken until the masters are in hand. So if you want in one this set, let me know now so i can get an idea of what i will need material wise.

Thanks again everyone

Okay not a whole lot of interest in the 1/60 set. I've only had a few people that have contacted me that were interested in the 1/60 scale set. No takers for the 1/48 set yet either. (Well except for Kicker, I put you down I'm pretty sure you are interested) B)) IF you are interested in either of these sets don't hesitate to send me a pm, otherwise this may not happen. No money will exchange hands until the masters for these sets are in hand. I may postpone those sets till after Christmas since some people have expressed concerns with the holiday. Just give me some feedback, and Once the 1/72 set is completed, I will post pics of the whole set. Still waiting on the boom truck modification. it is in the process of being printed. So don't be shy, send me a pm just expressing your interest.

Okay not a whole lot of interest in the 1/60 set. I've only had a few people that have contacted me that were interested in the 1/60 scale set. No takers for the 1/48 set yet either. (Well except for Kicker, I put you down I'm pretty sure you are interested) B)) IF you are interested in either of these sets don't hesitate to send me a pm, otherwise this may not happen. No money will exchange hands until the masters for these sets are in hand. I may postpone those sets till after Christmas since some people have expressed concerns with the holiday. Just give me some feedback, and Once the 1/72 set is completed, I will post pics of the whole set. Still waiting on the boom truck modification. it is in the process of being printed. So don't be shy, send me a pm just expressing your interest.

Hey TY,

You forgot about me. I would like a 1/48 set, too.

Thanks,

NB4M

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Thanks Grayson I think it will definitely work much better. Well everyone the weekend was very productive thanks to Thor. All that is left to do is make the mold for the boom truck which will arrive today, and then cast the hell out of it. I should be shipping out this weekend!

With Christmas on the way i know some people wanted in on this but due to everything that's going on with the holidays, I will be taking orders for all scales till the end of January. The only set i will be taking money for is the 1/72 scale. This will give me enough time to have the other sets printed and then make molds. delivery time will be shorter on the next few sets. My plan is to have all the sets ready to go for Wonderfest in May. Hope all my fellow American Macrossworlders had a nice holiday weekend.

Okay guys, i have gotten requests for pictures of the kits when they are available. Well here are some pics of a couple vehicles in the set. The boom truck is in the process of being molded right now and I was making parts in the gunpod carrier molds. But here are the rest plus some other goodies so you guys can see what's coming.

Tractor and tow bar

post-7782-129137888201_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129137889444_thumb.jpg

Power unit

post-7782-129137892744_thumb.jpg

Forklift

post-7782-129137896426_thumb.jpg

water/fuel tank trailer (i guess we should get an official name. Can anyone translate from the lineart?)

post-7782-129137898826_thumb.jpg

water truck (official name for this would be nice too)

post-7782-129137909867_thumb.jpg

Here's the boom

post-7782-129137917717_thumb.jpg

And here are some pics of the gunpod carrier parts and some steering wheels and other stuff:

post-7782-129137926739_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129137934112_thumb.jpg

More on the way guys comments are welcome.

Okay guys. been busting my butt this weekend and finished the last few parts. Here is the boom truck and gunpod carrier. let me know what you guys think. The Boom Truck main body is resin cast and the cab is made from styrene that I did on my CNC machine. Some of the other detail parts were pretty cost effective to print. All that is left to do is some detail parts and then i will CNC machine some Boom Truck windows and this baby will ship this week. I appreciate everyone's patience but the boom truck looks great and assembles so much easier. I will let each person know via PM when their kt shipped and when they should get it. I've gotten some more inquiries, and I am still taking orders for all three scales for this set. I will be ordering the masters for the 1/60 and 1/48 scales soon.

sorry for the picture quality, my camera was doing funky stuff.

post-7782-129160950555_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129160952773_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129160954711_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129160957126_thumb.jpg

Okay, shipped out most of the 1/72 kits today. Anyone who wants one can still get one.

Okay well due to MORE popular demand, it looks like the next set will be 1/48. (okay Kicker you can stop cheering now :p ) I haven't abandoned 1/60, there was just more demand for the 1/48 scale. If you aren't on the list, please PM me and let me know. I will be tweaking my 3D designs for this scale and have the masters printed. I probably won't have the masters till after the New Year. I will not take any money till the masters are in hand and I am ready to make molds. So, if anyone is interested, please PM me and get on the list. My cost estimate for the 1/48 Kit will be around $200. I will have a more accurate number once i get the quote for printing the Masters.

To the guys that are getting your 1/72 kits soon - Please Post pictures I wanna see how these come out!

My set arrived a day or two ago and I am really liking these vehicles! The bucket truck is really impressive! It will look great in a dio. The "grown" parts have nice detail. There are some really nice thin parts that look great. Most parts will need some cleanup, but nothing that you shouldn't be able to handle. Detail in general is good, soft in a couple of spots but could be easily picked out/improved. Also, it looks like there will be plenty of room on most of the vehicles to go all out and add some super detail if one wishes. I haven't tried placing a 1/72 figure anywhere, but everything looks right and I think a builder could take these over the top with detail if you wanted. The fork lift and weapon cart are really little gems and have some nice delicate detail that should look very good when finished.

All in all a great effort and some much needed support for all those hasegawa valks sitting in the repair depots out there!

Great job on these Jason! I'll be looking forward to more!

Thanks for the comments Bill, the 1/72 set was definately the "guinea pig" of these sets. The small little speed bumps will be smoothed out for the future scale sets. My hope is to come back to the 1/72 set and Iron out the bugs. I will be posting my design modifications to the set before the new year and then hopefully get the 1/48 scale set out soon. This will be the part where your feedback is important. The nice thing about this process is that everyone here on the forum can put in their opinions and thus make the final result the best it can be. Keep an eye out for the pictures of the modifications as i do them and please don't be afraid to give your opinions. they are invaluable to me to tweak these designs and make a better kit in the end.

The set is awesome and I think we've been waiting for a decade to have someone do these so than you.

The one thing I'd say to try and incorporate in your next set would be to have the parts fit together on natural seemliness as opposed to the model split down the model. You did this to the crane truck and it was a huge improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.

Well here is the update most of you have been waiting for. I have pictures of the design modifications for the ground vehicle sets. I will be ordering the 1/48 masters before the new year. Please add your 2 cents because I hope to get enough opinions so that any modifications can be made before the masters are ordered. So please tell me if these are better or if anyone has an idea for an improvement please let me know. The 1/48 Set is coming as soon as the designs are approved by the majority. I will then post in the toys section for the 1/60 and see if more interest can be generated for that set. Then I will move on to the Military and Civilian vehicle sets. So make your opinion heard!

Thanks All

post-7782-129357459206_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129357462264_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129357464295_thumb.jpg

I have also redesigned the fuel/water trailer. For some reasons the JPG came out bad. I will try again later but the 2 halves have been eliminated for a capsule type design.