VF-1S Max 1/60 Weathering

Dashgtr

Guest davidwhangchoi

Welcome to the club! I love mine, I think it's one of the best Valkyries I own

the max and kaki you have in your display case made me hunt for one:

image.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

I have the VF-1A Max and think it looks great but it's got the plain canopy. I don't know what anyone else says, i love the rainbow effect.

hey Dimis, do you have any photos of the 1a?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 3 years later...

Am I the only who thinks this "weathering" looks hideous? Don't get me wrong, I think weathering effects look pretty darn good if done right, but the weathering here is so.....orderly. So organized. So uniform. It's basically panel-lined with some "bloom" around the lines. It looks like you put the Valykrie into Photoshop and turned the contrast way, way up.

A good weathering paint job has some randomness to it, and it shows weather in places where it actually looks like dust and soot would gather. 

10 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Am I the only who thinks this "weathering" looks hideous? Don't get me wrong, I think weathering effects look pretty darn good if done right, but the weathering here is so.....orderly. So organized. So uniform. It's basically panel-lined with some "bloom" around the lines. It looks like you put the Valykrie into Photoshop and turned the contrast way, way up.

A good weathering paint job has some randomness to it, and it shows weather in places where it actually looks like dust and soot would gather. 

I agree. But I don't think of this as hideous. Let's not forget that this was being 'mass-produced' so they're following some procedural methods of doing it. Once they deviate from that same procedural method it only means one thing - the price of this one from producing it will cost more back then so basically you will pay more.

26 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Yes, you're the only one :lol:

No you're not the only one, although I wouldn't classify them as 'hideous'. They are an OK compromise for those that lack the paint skills to weather something but they are a compromise none the less.

Like LOT said it is far too uniform to look realistic. The results look a lot like models I have seen where someone is trying to weather for the first time. I will admit that I have only seen pictures of these and maybe they look better in hand.

Personally, I have no desire to add these to my collection. I prefer the fresh off the assembly line look. If I wanted to have a weathered one I'd just do it myself and I'm positive I would have better results.

2 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

No you're not the only one

You're also the only one :lol: jk

I hope to weather one of mine someday but I've seen some pretty poor looking customs so I'm a little hesitant. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres