Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Want the new gatling gun and scope for my Toynami sets!

But how can this be done? Must find a way . . .

You could buy the CMs set and sell the Legioss & Tlead to someone who doesn't care about the gatling gun & scope, and then keep the gatling gun & scope for yourself. They should be roughly to scale with the Toynami. Not sure how well the Toynami hands can hold the CMs guns, but with articulated fingers (providing they haven't broken off) tehre should be room to work with.

I didn't mention them but I provided lots of pics. Honestly, I'm so let down with the MH Ride Armors now I was just kind of going through the paces.

Still waiting for my all-black Megahouse Yellow to come in but, having gotten all three black-and-white CMs variants, I can't believe that Megahouse could be any worse than the CMs. They're just TERRIBLE, in my opinion.

EDIT:

Jenius, just read your full review. Very nice review.

Couple comments:

I understand how people hate the part-forming thing, and I used to be one of them. However, I look at my CMs ride-armors, which are not parts-formers, and I have NO fun with them at all. I look at my Yamato metallic Priss & Moto-slave, which IS a parts-former, and I actually have a lot of fun with that. So, in effect, I'd rather have a parts-former that makes a genuinely enjoyable TOY, than non-parts-former that is only really good for displaying.

As for your final statement, I suspect I'll be getting this toy, as I fall into that group of people who love this paint scheme, but hate CMs.

Edited by RavenHawk

Toynami beats out Beagle for me. The opaque face shield, lower price tag and awesome packaging seals the deal.

I have the Toynami Scott Bernard and MH Yellow. I don't have a CMs to make a practical comparison, but the vid reviews made it pretty clear that CMs aren't much fun to handle. I may find out for myself one day if I find one dirt cheap.

As for the Megahouse: Aside from the lazy design aspects that resulted in parts-forming, it was a pretty decent first Ride Armor purchase. I even found a way to keep the fork on in its Armor configuration. Remove it, turn it 180 degrees, and reattach it. It fits right between the tires...and really doesn't look as weird as it sounds.

My take on the MH and CMs is this: I don't find either one very fun. The CMs is a superior display piece (plus the line is hugely extensive at this point) but the MH is more forgiving and more of a toy (although I think both kinda suck as a toy since neither one stands very well). The MH looks uglier to me every time I look at it while the CMs is a constant act of very tiny tweaks to get it just how I want it. The CMs looks like they got the Dark paint scheme down better (more blacks, less flat grays).

My take on the MH and CMs is this: I don't find either one very fun. The CMs is a superior display piece (plus the line is hugely extensive at this point) but the MH is more forgiving and more of a toy (although I think both kinda suck as a toy since neither one stands very well). The MH looks uglier to me every time I look at it while the CMs is a constant act of very tiny tweaks to get it just how I want it. The CMs looks like they got the Dark paint scheme down better (more blacks, less flat grays).

As I said, I don't have the MH to compare to yet, as it's been taking forever to get it shipped to me.

The CMs I find to be insanely fidgety and tweaky, and nothing seems to hold in place as described or intended.

The ONLY two things that CMs has going for it are, in my personal opinion, the 1/18th scale, which makes it look nice on display next to my other 1/18th motorcycle and mecha toys, and the extensiveness of the line (Col. Johnathan, generic green soldiers, various colors, clears, etc., not to mention the Dark Drone).

All of the above is why I really wish that Yamato would have made a MOSPEADA. I know there are people on these boards who dislike them, but I have 2 different MZ 23 Garlands and 1 BGC Moto-slave, and they are all fun to play with, as well as having fantastic posability for displaying, and they hold their poses.

I have the Toynami release of the Beagle and LOVE it, but know it is unlikely that we will ever have the number of variants offered by the competition, or at least will take a very long time. The Beagle is fun though, and solid. I display it, allow my son to play with it. It's both a toy and a display piece. Sadly, the cheaper offerings are only display pieces.

Still would love Yamato to have taken a stab at it.

As far as getting the CMs re-release set for the new guns and then selling them off and keeping the new accessories for my Toynami sets - not sure it would work.

Anyone trying to sell the old set in any way will have trouble now that folks know there's an improved release in the works.

I would have to sell off that CMs Legioss and Tread at such a loss that the new guns would end up costing me around $100+.

BETTER would be if Toynami is watching and they're dreaming up and Appendix set for THEIR Beta line. It's too bad Toynami didn't put holes for the missile and bomb clusters in the Beta wings!

DEAR TOYNAMI,

Please throw a Alpha Gatling Gun and Scope into a future Beta release, Beta Appendix or the Cyclone SaddleBag and Headless Helmut Appendix - anywhere will be fine.

Thank you

Speaking of the bomb clusters, I do hope CMs includes clip-on bomb clusters for their Tread's wings so we can go the whole distance and recreate that picture. Also, I'm hoping they include the radar dish and hip guns of that other infamous Tread art.

Speaking of the bomb clusters, I do hope CMs includes clip-on bomb clusters for their Tread's wings so we can go the whole distance and recreate that picture. Also, I'm hoping they include the radar dish and hip guns of that other infamous Tread art.

If Takashi ever posted here he would say "HAHAHA........................ NO."

How you doing jenius? Don't be a stranger never hear from you anymore.

That right there would be very cool. I still think the legioss needs more improvement, like knees that slide up and fully retracting tail fins at least. And I don't believe yet that the connection is improved. Looks like they just aimed the arms up.

I wonder if they'll release fixed versions of the little ride armors. Like versions where the shocks actually connect to the forearm covers in bike mode.

That right there would be very cool. I still think the legioss needs more improvement, like knees that slide up and fully retracting tail fins at least. And I don't believe yet that the connection is improved. Looks like they just aimed the arms up.

I wonder if they'll release fixed versions of the little ride armors. Like versions where the shocks actually connect to the forearm covers in bike mode.

I don't think CMs is really claiming to have made improvements, more like just additions.

As for the shocks connecting to the forearms covers (which is the way I always drew it as a kid, since I had no reference material otherwise and it just made sense to me), I don't see how CMs current molds could be modified to do that without some serious cost. If you want that feature (and I agree, it's a huge one), you have to buy the Beagle. They have it, and have it done VERY well, in my opinion.

EDIT:

Just rechecked the info, to make sure I wasn't remembering incorectly. CMs is just enlarging the chest intakes, and adding an additional rifle, from the look of things. Absolutely no improvements to anything else claimed or implied.

Edited by RavenHawk

I don't know Ravenhawk, i don't speak Japanese but it looks like the ad shows it handles the gun better, connects better to the tread (notice the big red box showing a tighter connection), and has larger intakes and new gun accessories. The bomb clusters would be a big bonus as they're the only thing really stopping a full representation of the art they emulated. Also, they should have changed the cradle so the big metal hubs didn't prevent the Tread's legs from being positioned correctly.

Adrian, between the girlfriend and work I'm more of a lurker these days in many ways but I'm very happy to have both. Now tell Takashi to start shipping those new DX toys so I have a reason to ignore the gf and work for a day or two :).

As for the shocks connecting to the forearms covers (which is the way I always drew it as a kid, since I had no reference material otherwise and it just made sense to me), I don't see how CMs current molds could be modified to do that without some serious cost. If you want that feature (and I agree, it's a huge one), you have to buy the Beagle.

Oh, no, I meant in bike mode. You know how the shocks are supposed to clip into the forearm guards/wheel covers? But they don't because the pegs are too small and things don't line up right? On the Rey bike it's really bad. That's what I'm talking about.

I don't know Ravenhawk, i don't speak Japanese but it looks like the ad shows it handles the gun better, connects better to the tread (notice the big red box showing a tighter connection), and has larger intakes and new gun accessories. The bomb clusters would be a big bonus as they're the only thing really stopping a full representation of the art they emulated. Also, they should have changed the cradle so the big metal hubs didn't prevent the Tread's legs from being positioned correctly.

Adrian, between the girlfriend and work I'm more of a lurker these days in many ways but I'm very happy to have both. Now tell Takashi to start shipping those new DX toys so I have a reason to ignore the gf and work for a day or two :).

Could be. I don't speak any Japanese, I was just basing it one what other people had said.

Oh, no, I meant in bike mode. You know how the shocks are supposed to clip into the forearm guards/wheel covers? But they don't because the pegs are too small and things don't line up right? On the Rey bike it's really bad. That's what I'm talking about.

Ok, gotcha, my mistake. I had the black and white Stick, Ray, and Shinobu. The shocks do connect on all three of mine, but just barely, and they fall off REALLY easily.

i expected the cm's to be fiddly,,which would be ok for $30 each...not $70 like the fuke/shin!!!!!!shhhhhhechchsss.

yes great variable for it's size..not it's price! <_<

hell..they are only a hair bigger than the sh!tty little old Gakken versions!....but 100000% more accurate !!!

They were on sale at Robotech.com for a long while for $39.99... I bought bunches then and that's how I managed to get a few that are nice. Now that the Beta is out I doubt you'll see another price drop.

I don't know if this has been mentioned. It's certainly not evident in the manual or any review pics of the Toynami Tread.

When in Battroid mode, the missile banks on top can raise up and lock in position. All you do is pull the missile banks up a bit and they will extand upwards about a half inch. Then they will lock so that you cannot then angle them upwards as you would when transform ing to fighter. Just push them back down and then they will angle upwards.

Of course, this feature in no way improves the asthetic of the toy nor increases it's durability since you will never knock those missiles out of place anyway. But thought i'd tell you anyways. :rolleyes:

Though it does add about a half inch to the height.

Edited by Alex

I don't know if this has been mentioned. It's certainly not evident in the manual or any review pics.

When in Battroid mode, the missile banks on top can raise up and lock in position. All you do is pull the missile banks up a bit and they will extand upwards about a half inch. Then they will lock so that you cannot then angle them upwards as you would when transform ing to fighter. Just push them back down and then they will angle upwards.

Of course, this feature in no way improves the asthetic of the toy nor increases it's durability since you will never knock those missiles out of place anyway. But thought i'd tell you anyways. :rolleyes:

Though it does add about a half inch to the height.

which toy are we talking about here??? are you talking about the legioss/tread??valk? :blink:

yep..i'm waiting for prices too come down or used even>>

....i'm glad i did'nt buy the 1st CMs legioss/tread release..those intakes on the legioss..yukkk!

glad too see there are finally toys avalible from 3 companies no less!

>>>refreshing for long time mospeada fans! :rolleyes:

yeah this is starting too feel like gakken:..dying off before they could release thier tread toy..or produce any deluxe bartley/blowsupiror bike <_<

lets hope not!

They did produce the Blowsperior, both in animation blue and white, and in an all-black scheme.

Nothing on the Bartley though.

They did produce the Blowsperior, both in animation blue and white, and in an all-black scheme.

He was talking about Gakken who had some sweet prototypes (like a deluxe Blow Superior and a Tread toy) but never managed to release them due to less than expected sales of the Mospeada line. MH hasn't gotten that far with their Bartley but it's definitely starting to give the vibe of a dead line.

Maybe at the very least MegaHouse will offer her as an exclusive or something.

The only Mospeada news I'm waiting with baited breath for right now is the proposed Toynami all-plastic Alpha/Beta set. Although if they really plan to do one I doubt it will be announced anytime soon so as to not sabotage the current Betas. So 2012 basically.

He was talking about Gakken who had some sweet prototypes (like a deluxe Blow Superior and a Tread toy) but never managed to release them due to less than expected sales of the Mospeada line. MH hasn't gotten that far with their Bartley but it's definitely starting to give the vibe of a dead line.

Gotcha. My mistake.

yeah ..im gonna go kill some chickens... use thier entrails to cleanse the air on this one..

clear out the 'bad vibes' for the futue of megahouse Bartley!!!!! :unsure::rolleyes::wacko::blink:<_<:angry:

whoops>>> meant to quote jenius..in regards to gakkens demise-

Edited by novaflo