VF-0A Shin with Booster

pikashoo

I had two of the VFO-A Shins with Ghost.

The first one:

1) Foot fell off

2) Arm snapped at the elbow

The second one is in good condition and I actually just transformed it into Gerwalk mode before reading your post. He is a lovely lovely bird.

But yeah - floppy.

The Ghost pack combo is really impressive though, and overall it's a fantastic pieace.

I recommend you get four of them and assume that one will be broken and go from there.

Pete

I have 2 VF-0S's with Ghosts and they are as tight as can possibly be. When I tranformed the first one I thought I was going to break it! :D

I also have a VF-0S without Ghost and it will hardly stand up. It's a POS.

I had a VF-0A without Ghost and it was so sloppy if I used harsh language it would fall over. Sold that one.

Weren't the VF-0A without Ghost booster reissued with improvements?

I just got the VF-0A standalone and Ghost booster standalone sold together from Ebay for a pretty good price.

So i guess I need to keep my fingers crossed? I emailed the seller and he said it was pretty new stock.

Cheers,

G

Weren't the VF-0A without Ghost booster reissued with improvements?

I just got the VF-0A standalone and Ghost booster standalone sold together from Ebay for a pretty good price.

So i guess I need to keep my fingers crossed? I emailed the seller and he said it was pretty new stock.

Cheers,

G

I don't think there was any reissue for the VF-0A. The VF-0S though is being reissued and is supposed to be out this December. Not to scare you or anything but I guess you should know the standalone VF-0A has very poor quality.

IC.... good to know... I presume it doesn't just fall apart straight out of the box?

I really don't transform the stuff much anyway and really keep them in fighter or Gerwalk mode....

Oh well, I'll have to take it as it comes.... was just too good a price to pass

IC.... good to know... I presume it doesn't just fall apart straight out of the box?

Yes - it does.

My bad VF-OA's foot came off as I tried to transform the thruster into a foot. Then, the arm came off when I raised it in battroid mode.

So pray you got a good one :)

I had to buy four before I got a good one :)

Pete

Edit: And by "good one" I mean one that is floppy and feels like it will fall apart in a minute but thankfully doesn't and an stand and move without breaking.

Edited by VFTF1

Roy VF-0S + Ghost combo pack is the fixed edition, go ahead and buy.

as for the Shin 0A + Ghost combo, there are more than enough reviews from trustworthy members here stating how it's a good release.

You just got a bung one VFTF1.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm looking to get another Roy - but without the Ghost pack - should I prefer the ghost pack? I already have a ghost with my Shin and I'm not too terribly keen on the Ghost parts - they're not as fun as the VF-1 super and strike parts.

I guess I did get a bung one :)

Pete

I'm looking to get another Roy - but without the Ghost pack - should I prefer the ghost pack? I already have a ghost with my Shin and I'm not too terribly keen on the Ghost parts - they're not as fun as the VF-1 super and strike parts.

I guess I did get a bung one :)

Pete

I agree with you on the Ghost packs, on battroid they look silly (atleast on the 0A, maybe the 0S will look much better)

But i do like the Gerwalk equiped Ghost, looks bad ass.

If your still out of the loop, there is the newer release of the standalone VF-0S Roy with re-thought Shoulder design due out late december (that means January for us) so i'd wait it out, e-mail Overdrive for the newer re-issue coz they are trustworthy and wait it out like a few members (including myself.)

Really wanted my Roy before Christmas... oh well. :(

Roy VF-0S + Ghost combo pack is the fixed edition, go ahead and buy.

as for the Shin 0A + Ghost combo, there are more than enough reviews from trustworthy members here stating how it's a good release.

You just got a bung one VFTF1.

Thanks dude, I just ordered one based on your advice and the review on Scorched Earth Toys. The same review site doesn't recommend the Shin 0A, however, which is weird. Perhaps they got a wonky one as well!

VFTF1: Since you already have a good Roy, I guess you should wait for december and get the re-issue standalone Roy, saving that extra 3000 yen to go to other Valkyries! Personally with my funds I'm really just going for one of each version, which is why I'm only buying the ones that have less QC issues!

The 0S combo is 100% fine for the whole production run (fine meaning the shoulders are improved). The Shin 0A is not, some people had terrible shoulder issues with them while some received improved versions. Thus a recommendation for VF-0 fans to buy the 0S combo but to avoid the 0A combo until the next reissue when all of them will feature the shoulder improvements.

Thanks for the confirmation Jenius! Makes me feel that much more eager for my self-indulgent Christmas present!

Off-topic, but somewhat related: Excellent site, Jenius! Was looking at the Doyusha review and saw that you had heard some problems with the YF-21? What issues are they? You can pm me if you don't want this thread to go further off! Thanks in advance!

Edited by edwin3060

I'd just like to add that I purchased a Ghost booster pack combo 0S and i have issues with my figure.

Intake connections are iffy with small gaps in fighter and gerwalk. With the booster on it's back, gerwalk sags horribly behind the heat shield section.

Gunpod works well on one arm hole but not on the other making it kinda loose in fighter mode.

One of the landing gear was super super tight and I had to apply a lot of pressure to un-stick it.

All in all I was very disappointed. To make things worse the fingers broke on both of my figures hands. This could be partially my fault but my 1/48 stealth 1J hasn't given me any problems what so ever.

Oh and just so everyone knows, yes I ordered it new and the entire package was sealed so the "maybe replaced" comments need not apply.

Edited by Scrapnasty

The 1/60 YF-21 problem I was referring to ended up being more rumor than fact I think. The rumor was that Yamato was looking at a small redesign for the feet because they were having some breakage issues. I searched around and couldn't really find anything on this and I haven't heard anything since.

Also, it does sound like the VF-0S that was with the Ghost Combo does vary a lot from person to person. Some people swear there's is the perfect VF-0 toys while others see some lingering results from the inital problems as Scrapnasty has indicated. Mine was on the better side but I also noticed a bit more slop then you'd see in the VF-1 toys. I guess what I'm trying to say is just a disclaimer that everyone's mileage may vary.