Macross Frontier Episode 1 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 1: "Close Encounter"  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the theme songs and theme animation for Frontier?

• Loved both of 'em! Definitely new pants worthy.
    • Liked one more than the other. (specify)
    • This is gonna take a while to grow on me.
    • I ain't crapping in my pants for this. (i.e. Hated it)

Well, when I first started downloading it was only a few hours old...I thought it aired about 6 hours ago

Which is the problem, since AniServ posted their RAWs 17 hours ago, and its the same file that's popping up on the other sites. Their site states:

"For those of you Macross fans that downloaded 01, it's just the preview episode from december"

Edited by Duke Togo

I've never followed a series in "real time" before...how long does it usually take for quality fansubs to show up?

(Please forgive the n00bity of this question...)

Heh, I haven't done this since the first two seasons of BSG...

Should be fun!

Which is the problem, since AniServ posted their RAWs 17 hours ago, and its the same file that's popping up on the other sites.

Hmm, that could very well be the same files on Tokyo Toshokan, it was uploaded at a few minutes after midnight... <_<

Edited by Zinjo

Way to go, AniServ. </sarcasm> (Okay, okay, everybody but them...but why repost that now?)

Watching the DC version again, though, something occurred to me: it's not constant, but has anybody else noticed some faint Independence Day orchestral riffs in the BGM?

Edited by Bill C.

If so, it looks like they've resolved all of the beefs we had with Battle 7.

Looks like Macross-canon style arms and SDF-1 style booms over the shoulders... That's really exciting.

Also, apparently that purple VF was not a pre-production model, but appears in the show. My money's on it being a Vajra VF, piloted by that ghosty Brea Stern lady (who looks to have some interaction with Ozma)

I can has fansubz? Plz?

Yeah, possibly, but I will take a wait and see attitude with the Batte 25...

Based on the sillouettes near the end of the OP, the Burgundy VF we saw during the 25th anni special is indeed a fighter. What its designation of will be is still unkown. I doubt it's a VF-24, since the YF-24 was the prototype for the VF-25 according to published literature. I suspect it's a Zentreadi fighter, possibly an update to the VF-14, like the VF-171 was to the VF-17. We'll see.

Confirmed, its the Deculture. Just finished my download.

Me too. :(

And I'm sure this will be a high-priority fansub...after all, the Deculture Edition got unanimous rave reviews everywhere except RT.com...

It bums me out that I was in Tokyo in time to see the Deculture Edition (I was bouncing off the walls in my hotel room that day), but I'm back in the U.S. now...so I've gotta wait.

As a wise man once observed, "Enh, the Waiting Game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos."

That's the official ED?

I mean, okay, it's not horrible...but it's not great either. I suppose they wanted to keep the Nakajima/Ranka version of Do You Remember Love? for a special scene or so on, but coming after that...this kind of sucks. (Though it's vaguely, and I do mean vaguely, reminiscient of Cinderella from DYRL...) Maybe it'll grow on me after a few episodes.

Edited by Bill C.

Just snagged the opening, I rather like it. For all the "Macross II doesn't really exist" that Kawamori does, he sure does put alot of it into his Macross projects. Battle 25 "Macross Cannon", anyone?

Reminder:

Remember to read the 1st post of the thread for guidelines and for new little things (*hint hint*)

And BTW, Random Curiosity's blog is a good indicator for when you should be hunting for episode as he will be blogging about it this season. A link to the site is in the first post. In other words, whoever just downloaded the Aniserv torrent, you've just downloaded the wrong file, if you haven't figured it out already.

Here's a question I have been wondering: Which fansubber group is the one that Macrossworld backs? I mean which one will MW be using. Cuz I know there were atleast two different groups for the Decultured version, I just didn't know which one was the good one.

Here's a question I have been wondering: Which fansubber group is the one that Macrossworld backs? I mean which one will MW be using. Cuz I know there were atleast two different groups for the Decultured version, I just didn't know which one was the good one.

We don't back anybody. We can recommend which is a better version. Some people preferred Shinsen. I preferred Anime-in-Action/Infinite Zero's. It really depends on what you're looking for in your translations and subs.

I knew you guys personally didn't back anybody. I was just wondering which group you guys would send people to watch if they came to you and said "hey mw which group should i watch?"

Never saw the AnA/IZ version, what difference is there between that one and Shinsen?

The only thing I didn't like about the Shinsen Sub version was the HUGE logo that they put at the beginning.

I never saw the other one, but isn't that the infamous "Brief-25" sub...?

EDIT: "other one," not "only one"

Edited by Gubaba

Anyone notice the Koenig Monster in the opening?

The unidentified fighter silhouette at the end that passes the VF-25 makes me think of a combination of the YF-21/VF-22 and the SV-51.

The opening music is still "meh" for me.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Just snagged the opening, I rather like it. For all the "Macross II doesn't really exist" that Kawamori does, he sure does put alot of it into his Macross projects. Battle 25 "Macross Cannon", anyone?

Well, as crummy as M2 may have been, the Macross Cannon was always Frakkin' Awesome! I, for one, am thrilled that New Macross carriers have move away from the handheld gunship.