Macross Frontier Episode 1 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 1: "Close Encounter"  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the theme songs and theme animation for Frontier?

• Loved both of 'em! Definitely new pants worthy.
    • Liked one more than the other. (specify)
    • This is gonna take a while to grow on me.
    • I ain't crapping in my pants for this. (i.e. Hated it)

Well I liked both the opening and the ending :) I can't wait to see the full episodes ! And transforming fortresse : that rox :D

Well, as crummy as M2 may have been, the Macross Cannon was always Frakkin' Awesome! /quote]

Yeah. M2 sure had its shortcoming, but it was very neat in term of mecha designs.

-Sergorn

Well, as crummy as M2 may have been, the Macross Cannon was always Frakkin' Awesome! I, for one, am thrilled that New Macross carriers have move away from the handheld gunship.

After going back and looking at "what looks to be" M25.... I really hope that it's a completely different ship or vessel. The 'arms' look like 2 rail guns and the head looks like it's sporting bunny ears, while the chest plate is giving me the impression of being a mix between a Lion combiner mech and Jet Alone from NGE.

Just snagged the opening, I rather like it. For all the "Macross II doesn't really exist" that Kawamori does, he sure does put alot of it into his Macross projects. Battle 25 "Macross Cannon", anyone?

I still believe he's seen it, however a capital ship hull split to reveal a Buster Cannon was not reserved only to Mac II. They used the idea from DYRL.

I personally like it. It brings the Battle class carriers back to their roots. The Macross' cannon was integrated into the ship, not a separate part that attached to gigantic mandible hands. In the Battle 25, the gun is part of the right arm and it returns to the idea of the static discharge powerup that the Macross cannon had.

Who knows it may be another way to differentiate it from the RT universe, since their "syncro cannons" fire very much like the Battle 7's cannon, albeit not from an inexplicable gigantic hand... :rolleyes:

Hey I'm trying :D I've been online long enough to know most l33tsp3ak but each board seems to have it's on l1ng0 :)

Haha, I spent 2 years playing WoW, and I've found it hard to kick the "WoW-speak" since I quit.

"Want To Buy RAW, Please Send Tell" and "For The Loss".

I've now spent a majority of my day hounding trackers and forums for a RAW of episode 1, LOL. How productive!

Haha, I spent 2 years playing WoW, and I've found it hard to kick the "WoW-speak" since I quit.

"Want To Buy RAW, Please Send Tell" and "For The Loss".

I've now spent a majority of my day hounding trackers and forums for a RAW of episode 1, LOL. How productive!

:lol: Nice. Yea FTL I knew and of course FTW WHICH MACROSS F IS!!!! ;)

"For the loss", well, its kinda like saying something sucks. For instance, "food poisoning FTL". There is, of course, "For The Win". Very game show-y. "Please send tell" is basically a request to send a private message.

So, what I was saying was, I'm willing to pay for the Macross F RAW, please send me a message if you are selling. I don't mean this literally, though. :) I'm just dying to see this thing.

Y'know, even after you explain the acronyms, I still don't understand them. "please send tell"? "For the loss"? Huh?

BTW, How I shot web?

"please send tell" imagine sending an instant message in-game, so you can be trying to sell something on a trade chat channel "WTS (want to sell) [Void Crystal] PST" so someone interested can send you a personal message instead of replying to the trade chat.

Anyhow, I thought the OP was awesome, and even though the song had been growing on me for the past couple of weeks, this really made me make up my mind, it's great, the ED though, meh, kindda insipid after watching the OP, the VF-25 shots were awesome, I loved the shots of Alto taking off on his X-Gear with the VF behind him, RAW where are j00?!

"For the loss", well, its kinda like saying something sucks. For instance, "food poisoning FTL". There is, of course, "For The Win". Very game show-y. "Please send tell" is basically a request to send a private message.

So, what I was saying was, I'm willing to pay for the Macross F RAW, please send me a message if you are selling. I don't mean this literally, though. :) I'm just dying to see this thing.

Thank you! Makes perfect sense now.

I hear you on searching for Episode one...I even just joined torrents-jp because there was a Macross F topic...only to find nothing there.

The last time I was this excited to see something I've pretty much already seen was...well, actually, I was last fall, with Evangelion 1.0. I guess I'm just a consumer whore.

It's bad enough having people at RT.com calling the X-Gear a rip-off of a Cyclone, but...et tu, Bruté?

I gave up on that bunch, most of the ones putting MF down are downright bitter, their reasoning for disliking MF is the same that made them like RT to begin with, makes no sense at all. Anyway, how are our RAW hunters doing? :p

I gave up on that bunch, most of the ones putting MF down are downright bitter, their reasoning for disliking MF is the same that made them like RT to begin with, makes no sense at all. Anyway, how are our RAW hunters doing? :p

I still head over there sometimes when I need a laugh or my blood pressure gets too low. The main criticism of MF that I saw over there was that it was "eye-candy." I'm hoping that this will be followed by other slams such as, "the story's too interesting," "the characters are too involving," and "the mecha looks too awesome."

BTW, I just watched the full video for "Triangular." Is it just me or is there something perverse about using that song for an anime with cutting-edge CGI, and yet using the cheapest stop-motion animation in the video?

I've been doing searches for

"macross f" (to find western sites)

"マクロスf" (to find Japanese sites)

and "超時空要塞f" (to find Chinese sites)

It looks like there's some recent activity at the Chinese sites, but I haven't joined any of the sites (so I can't download the torrents), and it looks like it's it's all RMVB anyway. Does anyone really still use that...?

Apart from that, I haven't found anything promising.

That's rather unfortunate for the RT.com crowd. On the palladium boards, the response to Macross Frontier has been quite good. There are a few jerks, but the moderators don't tolerate trolling and most trolls are smacked down hard. Most everyone else is excited. I post updates and help spread the latest news in a dedicated Macross Frontier thread over there and most love it.

I never visit RT.com. I wonder...for you guys that go there, has there ever been a topic about my site?

Edited by Mr March

I've been doing searches for

"macross f" (to find western sites)

"マクロスf" (to find Japanese sites)

and "超時空要塞f" (to find Chinese sites)

It looks like there's some recent activity at the Chinese sites, but I haven't joined any of the sites (so I can't download the torrents), and it looks like it's it's all RMVB anyway. Does anyone really still use that...?

Apart from that, I haven't found anything promising.

Awesome, keep us updated ^_^

yup there are some post in rt.com about your site but mostly of them are from the latinamerican fans they are in the anime en español treath, also they put some refferences about Macross world forums and the best site for the spanish speakers Called Macross generation.

by the way have you noticed that Mikhail has zentradi ears?

AC

They actually published a reference book? Bizarre. Well, I've not read it, but I bet my site is better :)B))

No no, I mean this site. Where Pete Walker attempts to wrangle information into a mishmash of official Macross stuff, conjecture, and fanfic into one mess that's more confusing than all of the branches of the Robotech military. Seriously, I saw a thread on the Pallidium board where 1St Border Red devil was using more three letter acronyms than I have ever seen in my life.

Thanks Komilia. And Welcome to Macross World.

AC

They actually published a reference book? Bizarre. Well, I've not read it, but I bet my site is better :)B))

Yep!

You don't make sh*t up like that crowd...

Argh, I was scrambling my TV channel last night (I have an old analog TV, very old, MBS doesn't show up on channel 4 :blink: ), and I completely missed it :angry: :angry: :angry: (head explodes...) .

Looks like I'm going to watch it on TBS tonight..........

It seems like there is another episode floating around out there? Or is that the normal/ non-deculture edition?

Was watching a youtube video on MacrossF and there was a scene I never saw before!!... a zoom out from a flight deck person in a bubble on the flight deck before the VF-171s launch

[From 00:25 onwards]

Anybody know whats going on?