The Xbox 360 Thread Elite Edition

I do too, but I still plan to buy it for live. My first XBLA purchase actually. (because I don't plan to lose access to a bunch of paid-for content when my 360 dies) (Mainly because my DC is rarely hooked up---and if I'm going to play Ikaruga again, I might as well get some achievements for it) :)

I do too, but I still plan to buy it for live. My first XBLA purchase actually. (because I don't plan to lose access to a bunch of paid-for content when my 360 dies) (Mainly because my DC is rarely hooked up---and if I'm going to play Ikaruga again, I might as well get some achievements for it) :)

Ah, see most of my consoles are in the living room, but my DC is in the bedroom. I fire it up whenever the missus wants to watch something on TV that I'm not interested in, since we only have cable in the one room.

Ikaruga coming to XBLA. Like shmups? Buy it. Don't HATE shmups? Buy it. Never heard of it/know what shmup means? Buy it anyways. :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225771

What if we like scrolling shooters, but not pattern-memorization shooters or puzzle games pretending to be shooters?

Tell me when GOOD games like Mars Matrix and GigaWing start getting some respect instead of ZOMG TREASURE!!!1111111.

Or Bangai-O. An HD Bangai-O would be very nice.

I would be more excited about Ikaruga if it was 1.) Radiant Silvergun instead or 2.) I had an arcade stick or Saturn pad to hook up to my 360. As it is, precision shooter games with the 360 controller doesn't sound like much fun. For those reasons I'm more excited about Rez HD.

While I can't condone the love of such a game, Hori makes a few 360 sticks. The "Fighting Stick EX2" is readily available in the US right now.

And Radiant Silvergun used to be a good bit cheaper, if you were smart.

I dunno if people ever realized that they could buy an ST-V board, Supergun, and Silvergun cart for less than the cost of Saturn Silvergun.

I dunno if people ever realized that they could buy an ST-V board, Supergun, and Silvergun cart for less than the cost of Saturn Silvergun.

Most people do not realize those things exist...nor is it practical for people like that to do so most of the time.

Most people do not realize those things exist...nor is it practical for people like that to do so most of the time.

2 of 3 would come up regularly in eBay searches for Radiant Silvergun.

Anyways, I think someone figured it out and the prices of STV boards and RSG carts jumped massively. But I'm not sure.

So, I'm blaming JBO for this...

Picked up a Hori Fighting Stick today on a whim, seems pretty nifty so far. Helps out Metal Slug 3's control issues a LOT.

You're welcome. :)

Sadly, mine's only been used for the occasional MAME session. I don't think I ever connected it to my 360.

I have yet to get my MacBook to recognize it (although it'll recognize regular controllers just fine with the 360 drivers-- very strange), but I used my PS2 Virtua Stick with a USB adaptor for MAME and such anyways.

Anybody download Omega Five? Easily one of the better XBLA releases in recent memory. Japanese style shooting with Geometry Wars control, very interesting combination of two kinds of shooter. Downsides are the graphics make the bullets a bit hard to see, and the close view angle means that the screen fills up fast, but not necessarily in a good 'bullet hell' kind of way.

I have yet to get my MacBook to recognize it (although it'll recognize regular controllers just fine with the 360 drivers-- very strange), but I used my PS2 Virtua Stick with a USB adaptor for MAME and such anyways.

Hori changes the device ID with every variant of the stick, so even though it's the EXACT SAME CONTROLLER as the DOA4 stick, the drivers don't recognize it.

If it was the Windows XBCD drivers, you'd just have to add

%XBCD_360.DeviceDesc% =Install, USB\VID_0F0D&PID_000D ; Hori Fighting Stick EX2

into XBCD.inf at the right place(it's painfully obvious where it goes).

But I've got no clue on Mac.

2 of 3 would come up regularly in eBay searches for Radiant Silvergun.

Anyways, I think someone figured it out and the prices of STV boards and RSG carts jumped massively. But I'm not sure.

And most people still don't have a clue as to what those are. Even after reading an auction description, most wouldn't know, would want the original disc for collector's purposes, or simply didn't care to bother with that. Remember, most people still use composite hook ups, buy movie games, and blew on their NES carts. :lol:

Hori changes the device ID with every variant of the stick, so even though it's the EXACT SAME CONTROLLER as the DOA4 stick, the drivers don't recognize it.

That's a bummer, guess I'll wait until these particular drivers are updated again. I just realized I have a nice Sanwa stick sitting around I might be able to swap in without too much effort. At least soldering the wires would be easy, looking at the inside mounting might be an issue.

And most people still don't have a clue as to what those are. Even after reading an auction description, most wouldn't know, would want the original disc for collector's purposes, or simply didn't care to bother with that. Remember, most people still use composite hook ups, buy movie games, and blew on their NES carts. :lol:

The kind of people paying 200 for Radiant Silvergun tend to fall outside the realm of composite movie game NES blowjob, though.

The following comments were NOT made by Jack Thompson:

<<<<<<

I know that they all probably assume they have better, much more important, urgent, timely, things to campaign on, but I sure would like to get their individual takes on the new video game that one company is marketing to fifteen year old boys.

It's called "Mass Effect" and it allows its players - universally male no doubt - to engage in the most realistic sex acts ever conceived. One can custom design the shape, form, bodies, race, hair style, breast size of the images they wish to "engage" and then watch in crystal clear, LCD, 54 inch screen, HD clarity as the video game "persons" hump in every form, format, multiple, gender-oriented possibility they can think of.

And because of the digital chip age in which we live - "Mass Effect" can be customized to sodomize whatever, whoever, however, the game player wishes.

With it's "over the net" capabilities virtual orgasmic rape is just the push of a button away.

>>>>>>>

Man, I even pre-ordered the Limited Edition version and didn't get any of those features...

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/KevinMc...e_for_president

http://kotaku.com/346573/xbla-apology-game...aled-+-undertow

The free XBLA game is Undertow. Download it free on Live from Jan 23 to Jan 27. If you already own it, you're supposed to call 1-800MYXBOX for.....something.

Crud. I know one of the guys at Kotaku really liked it, but I played the demo and thought it was crap. Why couldn't they just credit everyone's account with that many Microsoft Points instead? That way I could get Omega Five or some extra Rock Band tracks.

Would it have been that hard to offer a few CHOICES? Like I mentioned earlier--how about some of the ones they already give away free with the Arcade system? UNO, Pac-Man, or maybe basic/old yet fun ones like Marble Madness.