Aoshima Variable 1/48 Legioss for 2007

Save

What did you have to file off for the wings to be able to be pushed in? I seriously hate that they don't go in on mine.

Hi jenius.. sorry for late replies, u have to unscrew some parts to get the wings done.

if u take out the chest, and examine inside i am sure you know what i mean.. i will try get some pics in after i return from japan..

yeah but i think Jenius is right; I think he started taking it apart. And some stuff like the front leg thing falling off could be glued back on easily enough. Small bits that can be fixed dont bother me on Stuff.

i dunno, i was always let down by my green toynami one, but maybe i need to revisit it and see if it was just me remember poorly. i know i always liked the robot mode, it was the fighter that bugged me.

Some dealers in Singapore are marking down the Aoshima Legioss for close to bargain basement prices... like US$130 for all 3. But just one look at THAT disastrous red Legioss was enough for me to say 'Never'.

post-75-1207125351_thumb.jpg

Lol... what the.

Some dealers in Singapore are marking down the Aoshima Legioss for close to bargain basement prices... like US$130 for all 3. But just one look at THAT disastrous red Legioss was enough for me to say 'Never'.

post-75-1207125351_thumb.jpg

You got to admit, that has got to be a unique Legioss.. the Turkey Legioss. :)

On a more serious note, anyone's got a line to decent replacement hands? Mine cracked.

Should have been more clear. It's my old Rook's hand that's cracked (and that sounded so wrong...), not my new Aoshima.. I was reminded that I was thinking of salvaging an Aoshima for the hands, but as it turned out most reviews pegged Aoshima hands as worse than the originals.

I'd take those claw hands from dark legioss at this point.

I am thinking those B-Club 1/144 Gundam hands might work as well??

Thank ALL OF YOU for posting pictures, and your thoughts on this line of toys. I just started watching Mospeada and realized how underrated and overlooked it is. I like it! I want a Legioss, and since the Aoshima/Toynami versions are cheaper than the CM's, I was almost set on ordering one. After rereading many posts in this thread and the old reviews in the first MPC threads, I've decided to wait. I have concluded that the CMs suits my desires. The Toynami and Aoshima are too much of a gamble for me. Even if I were to buy one for $60, I'd be pissed if the shoulders got loose or if various other things broke. I do play with my toys, and generally look out for problem prone areas. I've read reviews and thoughts at toyboxdx, jenius' site, japanese blogs and random reviews I found on google.

I am waiting because the Shadow Chronicles ones might be better(thats the only reason, I do not like the pilots in that movie). Especially if they have the improvements that the Aoshima did have(ratchet hips). I do not understand why Toynami made the hands out of PVC or something softer. For a mecha toy with articulated hands holding a gun, that plastic should NEVER be used. Fixed posed swappable hands should have been better. Ratchets should have been placed in the shoulders to be begin with. Its a questionable decision on their part to put diecast in the forearms yet no ratchets in the shoulders. Hell, from what I gather, the diecast wasn't even needed in the forearms. See with me, loose joints are a big[/b] issue, and I love ratchets. Same reason I love the Bandai 1/55 VF-1 after all these years. I want a Legioss like THAT. Ratchets all over, near industructible, it will break your child, not your child break it!

Maybe the CMs will go down in price, who knows. If that set was $150, I'd probably order one ASAP. The chances of that happening in the near future are slim. I've come to the conclusion that its better to wait and see what happens later this year, rather than buy an MPC now and risk dissapointment. I'm still pissed I lost out on a free MPC Rook 2 years ago to some rock, paper, scissors game that Steve Yun was judging after me and the other guy forgot what Rook's name was in Mospeada.

I remain tempted to buy an MPC off robotech.com, but I feel its better to wait and see if something better comes out for now. Aoshima's Stiq version is appealing because he is my fav character so far, and the paint job is nice, but after reading the various reviews, I am not willing to take a gamble.

ya im hoping the shadow chronicles alphas will have better QC on it. i wonder if they really are suppose to come out april or may. i'll probably be getting 1 of them (probably maia since i liked her way more then marcus). wish more news would come ouut for it thou.

soo.. anyone got ecchi pics of maia sterling? lolz jk ;) ... or not...

SDK, I think you're doing the right thing. A little note though, the CMs hands feel a bit rubbery also although not nearly as bad and they have a bunch less points of articulation in the hand so that should help them stay sturdy. The CMs shoulders also don't ratchet but they feel much stiffer over all and the arms are lighter. The great thing about the CMs, you'll think it has no diecast for the most part but during transformation you'll find the metal... exactly where metal ought to be. Toynami seemed to just look for whatever parts could most easily be made of metal instead of considering what that would mean for stress on the rest of the toy.