See Mari Perform On Su 4/23

Not sure if anyone is interested in this and I do not know if this information is 100% accurate, but... Mari Iijima will be performing at the 2006 San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival on Sunday, April 23rd after the Grand Parade at the Anime Costume Parade awards ceremony.

Where exactly? I do not know, but odds are at Peace Plaza.

How long? I do not know.

Will she take pics w/fans? I do not know.

Will she sign autographs? I do not know. What do I look like her agent? :lol:

If anyone else knows information, feel free to share. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well according to her own site, she is scheduled to perform at 2:30pm.

http://www.marimusic.com/index2.html

I spoke with a reputable source and learned the event will in fact be held at Peace Plaza AND the Cherry Blossom Festival does have a contigency plan this time around. :lol:

Btw, she is scheduled to perform for 45 minutes! Lets give her a warm return welcome to San Francisco!

We can all meet in one area before attending her show  :)

Hopefully it won't be raining. The weather is kind of weird this days  ;)

382259[/snapback]

25 out of the last 30 days were rainy. :blink:

LOL :rolleyes:

We can all meet in one area before attending her show  :)

Hopefully it won't be raining. The weather is kind of weird this days  ;)

382259[/snapback]

25 out of the last 30 days were rainy. :blink:

386499[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't rain during SU. :D As for a meet, didn't know about one... :huh:

However, Mari's performance was excellent, IMO fans couldn't have asked for more. :):D

Though surprisingly not too many people knew who she was, especially when the MC made feeble attempts to excite and elicit Macross fan participation. He even commented at one point, "I am surprised there aren't more of you here". Interesting to note, Mari wasn't listed in the glossy Cherry Blossom booklet, the table of events with just her name hardly counts. She discovered this for herself, much to her disappointment, when she was looking for her pic/bio in the booklet to sign for a fan and could not locate it. :( She did however have a large bio and pic spread in the b&w newspaper, but not the booklet.

Anyone record her entire performance? I know Tak of JVideo had someone and so did Project 760. Anyone else?

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I was at the show, but I only got to videotape the first 3 or 4 songs b/c I had to leave for a dinner. I got the entire DYRL song though :) When I get the time, I'll put together a short compilation of clips and host them somewhere...any ideas on where to host large files?

I also got a few clips of fans (possible MWers?) getting autographs on their macross collectibles and taking their pictures with Mari. In the meantime, here's a quick pic

post-399-1145948637_thumb.jpg

I was there. After five years of meeting her without seeing her perform, I finally got to. Just another part of a near perfect day.

I was the guy sitting in the front on the ground in the flame sleeved suit.

I liked her comment on dreams coming true in adulthood. ^_^

I was at the show, but I only got to videotape the first 3 or 4 songs b/c I had to leave for a dinner.  I got the entire DYRL song though  :)  When I get the time, I'll put together a short compilation of clips and host them somewhere...any ideas on where to host large files? 

I also got a few clips of fans (possible MWers?) getting autographs on their macross collectibles and taking their pictures with Mari.  In the meantime, here's a quick pic

394113[/snapback]

I was there for the performance too, but I didn't know who was who. :( We really need MW shirts or caps so we can id our fellow breathen. :lol:

I wasn't able to get all the songs either, just two and a half, but I know Anthony (sp) was filming, he was the Asian dude wearing white tshirt and blue jeans to the right of the stage, with a tripod recording the entire time. Anyone know him? Not sure if he was associated with Project 760, Cherry Blossom Festival, or with JVideo and Tak. :unsure: