Drama Albums

Gubaba

Well, since my hard drive went down a few weeks ago and I lost some of my translations, I've been trying to re-transalte everything at once, and here's the first fruits of my labor...Macross Vol. III - Miss DJ. I'm posting it here because this way, I'm pretty sure it will be safe should something happen to my new hard drive...and I'd like to get people's comments on it. It's a fun album, but it can be pretty dull if you don't understand Japanese, so I'm hoping that this translation will open it up for all you nice, intelligent Macross fans (and MisaForsaken). I'll post Miss DJ first, and possibly Macross Love second (although I may just post that to boinger directly, since he requested it quite a while ago), but let me know what you what you want to see most, and I'll tackle that next. Enjoy!

Whisper of the Stars: Part 1

Female Announcer: In a moment, Macross Time will be one o’clock A.M.

Announcer: “Whisper of the Stars,” by Lynn Minmay.

Minmay: Wishing upon a star in the night sky,

I hope it will hear my thoughts.

Softly whispering this song of dreams

Into the ear of you who I love.

Dreaming night,

Starlight song.

Dreaming night,

Starlight song.

Good evening, this is Lynn Minmay. Are you tired of studying for exams, and taking a break, drinking some coffee? Or are you reading an exciting SF novel? Are you exhausted from work, longing to go to bed? Or are you one of our pilots, who even now are continuing to fight to protect us? I think all kinds of people are tuned in to this program…please keep listening to it for a long time!

Announcer: This program airs every Friday from 1:00 A.M. to 1:45, broadcast throughout the ship on Net 15.

Commercial 1: The young idol, Lynn Minmay, has a new single: “Silver Moon, Red Moon.” On sale now from Big Star Records.

Commercial 2: The hot jeans for YOU, the city boy with real guts! Well, that sounds a little old-fashioned, but they’re snug and comfortable and sure to be a hit! Macross Brand Army Jeans!

Commercial 3: The charged particles the drift through space are a danger to your skin! Turn your skin around to the way it was before you were twenty! Smooth moisturizer NueNue Honey! …From tomorrow, you will captivate the eyes of men…

Commercial 4: Our target: 38 shops! Authentic Original Chinese Restaurant Nyan Nyan! Let’s eat Chinese food at Nyan Nyan! Just eat here three times, and you’ll be in the unbeatable Valkyrie speed zone! It’s true!

Announcer: This program has been made possible by our sponsers: Big Star Records, Macross Brand Army Jeans, NueNue Honey (a product of Nue Family Goods), “Our Target: 38 Shops,” the slogan for the Authentic Original Chinese Restaurant Nyan Nyan, and of course, the U.N. Space Force.

Minmay: Welcome back! Right now, I’d like to sing my debut song, “My Boyfriend Is a Pilot,” from my first LP, which was released last week. But why do they only write one version of a song? Please give a listen to “My Boyfriend is a Pilot, Number Two!”

Whoosh whoosh! Whoosh, whoosh!

My boyfriend is a pilot.

Again, today, he’s in the sky.

I’m forever looking up.

He’s aiming for that fluffy cloud floating along.

I want him to sweep me away, gently and softly,

A love flight, just him and me.

I love you. You love me?

But he’s passionate about his plane instead of me.

Whoosh, whoosh! Whoosh, whoosh!

My boyfriend is a pilot.

NEXT: We find out that Minmay has short, thick legs and likes to eat pig's feet.

Please do post.

I'm curious about Macross Generation. The Macross 9 fleet.

I'm curious about that, too...especially since the First Half appears to be nowhere on the net...but I ordered it, and it should be arriving soon.

I read a synopsis of the story, though, and it didn't sound too promising...we'll see, however.

Thanks!

Don't thank me yet! I've only posted the first six minutes of a 48-minute album! There's still a lot to go...

I'm curious about that, too...especially since the First Half appears to be nowhere on the net...but I ordered it, and it should be arriving soon.

I read a synopsis of the story, though, and it didn't sound too promising...we'll see, however.

Don't thank me yet! I've only posted the first six minutes of a 48-minute album! There's still a lot to go...

I'm surprised that no one has ever put the First Half of Macross Generation on the internet, considering the Macross II sendaway has been (one of my favorite CDs I own).

Generation is kinda weird to listen to. I ordered both CDs along time ago, so I listened to it one day while I was working, but I couldn't really concentrate on the whole story. Characters are weak, and plot is so ordinary. Laiza is the worst friend that anyone in the universe could have...

If you need help translating any of the CDs, let me know. I have almost all of them as well, except Miss DJ which I never rebought from the LP time and the Macross 7 CD Drama #1...

I'm surprised that no one has ever put the First Half of Macross Generation on the internet, considering the Macross II sendaway has been (one of my favorite CDs I own).

Generation is kinda weird to listen to. I ordered both CDs along time ago, so I listened to it one day while I was working, but I couldn't really concentrate on the whole story. Characters are weak, and plot is so ordinary. Laiza is the worst friend that anyone in the universe could have...

If you need help translating any of the CDs, let me know. I have almost all of them as well, except Miss DJ which I never rebought from the LP time and the Macross 7 CD Drama #1...

My hope is to do all the drama albums, and a few of the novellas as well. Fortunately or unfortunately, I have a deadline...February 7, 2009 (the date of the Macross's launch and the beginning of Space War I). I should be getting Macross Generation First Half in a week or so, which is the last piece missing from my Macross drama album collection. And yeah...I was really looking forward to it (an entirely new Macross story about which there is absolutely no information in English? Count me in!), but after reading the synopsis...well...I just hope it doesn't take too long to translate. Likewise, I ordered "Mylene Beat" as well, and I sure hope it doesn't suck.

Thanks Gubaba!

BTW, I'm curious-

Where did you learn Japanese? Is it something you studied in school, or have you spent time living in Japan? However you learned, I bow to you. :)

Looking forward to more translations!

I started learning it on my own at age 13, and got katakana down pat (and precious little else). Later, I studied it in school, but I'm still far from fluent. And I've spent some time in Japan, but not much.

Second section. Best enjoyed by Minmay and/or Mari Iijima fetishists...Some of the bits here I'm not sure of, so if anyone feels like checking my translation, I'd be grateful. Oh, and in case you don't know Minmay's favorites songs, click on the titles...

Minmay: Well, Mr. Fruit Punch, a resident of the Third Macross Ginza who requests anonymity, are you listening? Today I think I’ll try and answer your questions. Mr. Fruit Punch came up with some embarrassing questions for me. I’m pretty scared and my heart’s pounding, but I’ll answer the questions truthfully one by one.

Announcer: Okay, I think it’s time to invite you ro “Exciting Embarrassing Question Corner!” Minmay, are you ready?

Minmay: Sure am!

Announcer: Now, Minmay, you must swear: you can’t lie or get flustered by the questions.

Minmay: Of course! I promise I’ll only tell the truth!

Announcer: Then let’s get started! Question Number One: Miss Lynn Minmay, what are your hobbies?

Minmay: Zero-G dance, and what they used to call aerobics.

Announcer: What they call “shaping up,” huh?

Minmay: Yes, yes.

Announcer: Your hobbies don’t hurt your career either, do they?

Minmay: True.

Announcer: Okay, Question Number Two: What are your specialties?

Minmay: I can fall asleep anywhere, I can speak Chinese, and when things are tough, I just laugh it off.

Announcer: Of course. Those are some pretty cute talents. HA HA HA, I shouldn’t talk like that, should I? Question Number Three: What sports are you good at?

Minmay: I can do a little Chinese fencing, and skydiving.

Announcer: Wow…looking at you, you look really girlish, but those are some masculine sports!

Minmay: Yes. I love being brawny!

Announcer: What kind of men do you like?

Minmay: Cheerful, kind, and manly.

Announcer: Wow, that’s great! And what type of man don’t you like?

Minmay: Guys who are stubborn. They’re the worst!

Announcer: Oh yeah, it’s true! Do you have a boyfriend?

Minmay: I just have a lot of friends.

Announcer: What kind of food do you like?

Minmay: Irish coffee, carrot cake, and, most of all…pig’s feet.

Announcer: Pig’s feet!? Anyone out there eating your own right now? Okay, what kind of food do you hate?

Minmay: Fatty foods. And although I love cake on special occasions,I have to be careful because I gain weight easily, and my legs just swell up.

Announcer: But you look and think, “Just a bit more…”

Minmay: Yeah, I do!

Announcer: And it looks so delicious! Okay, from the time you were born until now, what’s your happiest memory?

Minmay: That’s obvious! My singing debut, of course!

Announcer: And your saddest?

Minmay: When my beloved dog Gonta died.

Announcer: Did you cry?

Minmay: Oh, I sobbed forever!

Announcer: What annoys you the most right now?

Minmay: Not being able to sing anything but Part One of my debut song.

Announcer: Yeah.

Minmay: It’s too short!

Announcer: Yeah, let’s hear you sing more! Are you worried about anything right now?

Minmay: That sometimes I look ugly in photos.

Announcer: Huh? That’s not the case at all!

Minmay: No, really!

Announcer: No, you always look cute!

Minmay: You sure? Don’t lie!

Announcer: It’s true! Okay, let’s continue with the questions: Do yu have any nervous habits?

Minmay: Well, I always play with my hair.

Announcer: That’s very girlish! What do you do?

Minmay: Um, I always twist it around my finger.

Announcer: What do you like most about your physical features?

Minmay: My hair, of course!

Announcer: It’s very pretty.

Minmay: Thank you.

Announcer: And what do you dislike the most?

Minmay: My forehead. And my short, thick legs.

Announcer: Short and thick…? Oh yeah, it’s true.

Minmay: Ahhh! You’re TERRIBLE!

Announcer: What are you most scared of?

Minmay: Mice. And my schedule.

Announcer: Wow, that’s scary!

Minmay: Yeah!

Announcer: They’re always chasing after you, huh? Moving on, who would you like to meet the most?

Minmay: My parents on earth.

Announcer: How long has it been since you last saw them?

Minmay: Feels like ages.

Announcer: Besides a singer, what would you most like to be?

Minmay: A bride, of course.

Announcer: You’d definitely look great in a wedding dress.

Minmay: I want to wear one soon!

Announcer: And what are your favorite songs?

Minmay: Well, they’re a little old, but “Blue Coral Reef,” “Slow Motion,” and things like that.

Announcer: And who are your influences?

Minmay: Of famous singers, I like Seiko Matsuda. Oh, and most people probably don’t know her, but I really like Mari Iijima.

Announcer: Oh, I know her! She’s a wonderfully talented singer!

Minmay: Really? You think so?

Announcer: What was your childhood nickname?

Minmay: Cat girl.

Announcer: But…you don’t seem very cat-like…

Minmay: Really? But when I smile, my eyes look like a kitten’s.

Announcer: Oh yeah, I see it now! Next, if you could drive a battroid, what would you most like to do with it?

Minmay: Well, THAT’S obvious! I’d crash the head into Hikaru’s home!

{Announcer: Oh, I get it!

{Minmay: From the front!

Announcer: …Make a lot of trouble, huh?

Minmay: Completely smash everything up!

Announcer: And Minmay, which do you think is better for a woman’s chest – large or small?

Minmay: Hmm…well, big ones just get in the way, don’t they?

Announcer: “Get in the way…”

Minmay: But they’ve got power, don’t they?

Announcer: I understand. Minmay, do yours get in the way? Oh sorry! They don’t, do they?

Minmay: …Terrible…

Announcer: You are often called “cutesy.” Why do you think that is?

Minmay: Hmmm…I don’t really think I’m cutesy. I think it’s just letting your girlish side show.

Announcer: I see. For you, what is singing?

Minmay: Giving a dream to everyone.

Announcer: I understand. That’s a good answer! And that’s it for the questions. Shall we hear another song now?

Minmay: [i can’t hear what she’s saying here]: “Sad Sixteen.”

(Ya-ya-ya-ya ya-ya-ya-ya)

All alone in my room, I’m dreaming about that boy.

Why am I so sad right now?

I’m sixteen.

Even today, after I quietly called to him

At the schoolhouse, he doesn’t know.

That’s why I’m sad right now,

That’s just me.

How should I go about it?

I’m just miserable.

No one understand the way that I feel,

Even Papa and Mama just laugh at me.

No one understand the way that I feel,

Even Papa and Mama just laugh at me.

They just laugh at me.

NEXT: Three very strange guys have been seen around the Macross. Could they be...*gulp* ALIENS?!?

Second section. Best enjoyed by Minmay and/or Mari Iijima fetishists...Some of the bits here I'm not sure of, so if anyone feels like checking my translation, I'd be grateful. Oh, and in case you don't know Minmay's favorites songs, click on the titles...

NEXT: Three very strange guys have been seen around the Macross. Could they be...*gulp* ALIENS?!?

WareraRoriKonda :lol:

Wait Hikaru isn't the stubborn type... well to Misa maybe.

Makes me wonder if it was Alto is Hikaru's place.

As Mylene said Hikaru is the sensitive type unlike some. (Basara)

Thanks for these!

BTW for those interested, the original English version of that last song Minmay is singing here is "Heartaches at Sweet Sixteen", by Kathy Linden. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHxQfy6_7kE

And thanks for that! I've heard the original Japanese version by the Peanuts, and I knew it was a cover of an English song, but I had never heard it before.

Now I should probably track down the English verison of "Lili Marlene" as well...

Thanks for the translations, they're fun reads. At first I thought you were only kidding when you mentioned Minmay's "short, thick legs" :lol:

Does the CD say who wrote the script?

It was written by Sukehiro Tomita, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it came out that a lot of the information about Minmay from the interview portion was gleaned from Mari Iijima's life.

I have no proof on that, of course...just my intuition talking.

And the "short, thick legs" kind of sticks out...since, in Japanese, it's "Daikon Ashi"...literally, "radish legs." If you remember the Olympic skater from years back, Midori Ito, everyone was making fun of her for her "daikon ashi," but that's kind of an extreme case...

Not to steal Gubaba's thunder from his great translations for Miss DJ, but here is a translation to the first Act of Macross Generation. A little rough, but hopefully it's readable. Unless someone wants to translate the series, I could do it little by little in mid-September. It would be nice to see what the story is really about instead of half listening and maybe I'd even enjoy it. Also, this series was penned by Sukehiro Tomita.

Act 1: In the Rain (Ame no naka)

Tenshi no enogu 1st chorus (Canari Version)

Man A: H, hey! What’s that valkyrie?!

Man B: Uwa! It’s coming down! Boss, I’m gonna floor it!

Men: Uwaa!!

(Sounds of crashing and screaming)

Wolf: Quit your squealing.

Boss: Y, you’re Wolf!

Wolf: If you don’t want to die, hand the rights (kenrisho) over.

Boss: Heh, you’ve gotta be kidding.

Wolf: “Kidding?” Who was the one who forced our syndicate to hand over the rights to all the cosmo bike race business?

Boss: T, that’s…

Wolf: I just came to take it back. If you don’t hand it over quietly, you’re going to die.

Boss: Wo.. Wolf… You’re a pretty good guy. How about it? Join my syndicate. If you do, I’ll give you a great pay.

Wolf: Unfortunately, I like being a lone wolf. I reject your offer.

(Sounds of gunfire and more screaming)

Man: B, Boss!

Wolf: I’m taking these (rights) papers.

Sound of valkyrie taking off.

Man: The boss has been killed!

Man B: That apeface, Wolf. Kill him!

Man: What are you bastards doing? Get in your valkyries and follow him! After him! After HIM!!!

Sounds of valkyries taking off.

“Macross Generation”

The long war between the giant Zentraedy army had finished and the Earth was left in ruins. At the same time as restoring the land to be suitable to live on Earth, the UN Spacy explored various star systems to look for new lands where mankind could live. This is one of those stories of the Ninth Macross fleet and what occurs within it.

“Love Do You Remember” (Canari’s version)

Passero singing (from “Kinou made…” through “te to te ga fureatta toki”)

Passero: Who is it? Who’s there!?

Wolf: I interrupted your singing.

Passero: Not at all.

Wolf: Why are you singing all alone in the middle of the night in such a large park? You were dancing. And you’re soaking wet from this rain. The girl that’s shown on this large screen is Minmay, isn’t it? Do you like Minmay’s songs? …No, it doesn’t look like “like” would describe it.

Passero: I’m embarrassed being watched by a stranger.

(Sound of rain falling harder)

Wolf: Looks like it’s raining harder. What a horrible rain.

Passero: No. I like the rain.

Wolf: You like the rain?

Passero: Rain is always so romantic.

Wolf: Don’t you feel uncomfortable being drenched?

Passero: A rainy park… wet skin… while listening to the sound of the rain falling, dancing and singing while I’m soaking wet… it feels good.

Wolf: Such a strange girl.

Passero: While I spin and look around while becoming wet by the pale blue rain, I realize a lot of things about the things that color this city. For example, look. The wind that scatters the rain brings it to the windows of that small coffee shop.

Passero: I like the rain. I like the trees wet by the rain, too. I even like the wind that travels between the trees. What about you?

Wolf: Hmm? I… ‘ve never thought about that.

Passero: The rain and wind. Nature tells me a lot of things. Nature is my lifesource. I want to be surrounded by nature, I want to dance and sing while feeling nature.

(Wolf laughs.)

Wolf: Within this Macross, the rain is just manmade.

Passero: That’s OK. Someday, I’ll definitely…

Wolf: Someday… definitely…?

Passero: Don’t laugh if I tell you, OK?

Wolf: I’m fickle, so I can’t promise.

Passero: In the future, I want to be a singer like Lynn Minmay… to be like Canari who sings Lynn Minmay’s songs… a musical star.

Passero: What? Why aren’t you saying anything? You really want to, but you’re trying not to laugh, aren’t you? You’re thinking I can’t be a big star like Canari, aren’t you? After all, what I’m saying is unrealistic.

Man A: There he it! There’s Wolf!

Man B: Where?!

Man A: This way. In the square near in the south bridge.

Wolf: This is bad. If we have the chance, we’ll meet again.

(Wolf runs away)

Passero: Ah! Wait!

Man: Ah! Wolf got away! After him! Fire! Kill him!

(Sound of electric gunshots)

Man: Hey, wait! Hey you, girl!

Passero: Huh? Are you talking to me?

Man: What were you doing with Wolf?

Passero: Is his name Wolf? I just met him right now.

Man: Stop playing dumb! He’s an assassin.

Passero: …Assassin?

Man: What were you talking to him about?

Passero: About the rain… and the wind!

Man: About the rain and wind? Quit lying. Get her.

Passero: Don’t be so rough!

Man: Shut up! Come with us!

Passero: Ah! Someone! Somebody!

(Sound of motorcycle)

(sound of people being hit and screams, followed by tires screeching)

Man: Why you! What the hell are you doing?

Rafale: Guys that rough up girls piss me off. Just be grateful I didn’t kill you with my cosmo bike.

Man: Y.. you…

Rafale: Young lady, hurry and get on the backseat.

Passero: T… thank you!

(sound of bike racing away)

Man: apeface! Remember this!

(Sound of bike)

Rafale: Hold on tight!

Passero: Who are you?

Rafale: If you don’t hold on tighter, you’ll fly off.

(Mirai no Diary Instrumental)

Rafale: Do you like CBR?

Passero: CBR?

Rafale: Cosmo Bike Race (Racing). It’s a grand prix race across the galaxy on cosmo bikes.

Passero: I’ve seen it on satellite TV before.

Rafale: I’m a racer in it.

Passero: !! Wow, that’s amazing.

Rafale: Or rather, I’ve started racing. Tomorrow’s my first debut race.

Passero: Wow. I get it now. You’re so nervous you can’t sleep. That’s why you’re racing around the city alone in the middle of the night on your cosmo bike, right?

Rafale: Idiot. Like I get nervous. It’s to see how my cosmo bike is riding. I was checking it out.

Passero: Really, I wonder. But I know how you feel. I’m a beginner, like you.

Rafale: You’re a beginner too? What kind?

Passero: I want to be a musical star, I think. Hey, did you know there’s going to be a musical called the “Lynn Minmay Story?”

Rafale: I know about it. Are you going to be in it?!

Passero: It hasn’t been decided yet. Auditions are next week. And if I pass.

Rafale: (laughing) I see. Good luck.

Passero: Thank you! Umm…

Rafale: My name is Rafale. French for “gust of wind.” (toppuu)

Passero: “Gust of wind?” Mr. Gust of Wind, good luck on your first debut race.

Rafale: Yeah, I hope you pass your audition, too.

Passero: Thank you.

(Sound of crickets)

Passero: A wonderous night. A man named Wolf who seems dangerous, chased by strange men. And a wild man named Rafale who is a cosmo bike racer. To meet two men in one night… something… something in my life is about to change.

Not to steal Gubaba's thunder from his great translations for Miss DJ, but here is a translation to the first Act of Macross Generation.

Steal away! Seriously, the more the merrier. The only real shock for me is that none of this stuff has been translated yet...at least, not on the internet.

lynn2009 Thank you for the translation!

Passero is another Minmay wannabee like Enika huh? (Macross 7 Trash)

A lot of things happened in 2047.

1. Basara and Space Whales, New Battle 7 built and Budukan added to the fleet, Mylene's carreer.

2. Rescue of the Milky Dolls, transfer of Miho Miho to Vahalla III

3. 117th Research fleet with Dr. Mao Nome, Ranshe Mei and Grace O'Connor working on V-type.

4. Macross Frontier launch

Wolf seems to be an interesting character. Please spoil me as to what happened to Wolf.

May have found a worthy Marine for my fic.

Edited by RedWolf

Steal away! Seriously, the more the merrier. The only real shock for me is that none of this stuff has been translated yet...at least, not on the internet.

OK, I'll slowly work on Macross Generation next month. Since I found my Vol. IV CD (Misa's drama album), I actually started translating that. I should be done by the end of the week. Main problem with it is that the sound volume on it is so low, I have trouble hearing what they say sometimes, especially when the bridge trio talk.

Translation please of

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Inside Story~Macross Classic

an original Macross drama series taking place in 2010 after Space War I which was first broadcast on Macross World in 1996.

* Arihiro Hase as Hikaru Ichijyo

* Mika Doi as Misa Hayase

* Akiko Nakagawa as Flower Girl

I checked the compendium the seiyuu for Flower Girl.

She is the same girl following Basara?

What does this mean? Flower girl was around in 2010? Is she a Meltran?

What is her connection to Hikaru and Misa?

Translation please of

Never really stated for definite WHAT she is, but it is the same voice actress, and likely intended to be the same character. I didn't do any translations, but check out my synopses in the other Macross Classic thread.

BTW, it might still take a while but I'm working on something very special indeed for this.

Translation please of

It's on my list...so if Renato doesn't get to it first, I'll translate it.

And yes, not does it have the Minmay-fan Flower Girl, it also has a young Millard joining Skull Squadron.

The forum search got kinks can't the Macross Classic thread but I did find this.

http://www.ex.org/1.4/29-mclassic_cd.html

mclassic_cd.gif

THE SUPER DIMENSION FORTRESS MACROSS

INSIDE STORY

MACROSS CLASSIC

Of all the MACROSS drama works, this may prove to be the most bittersweet. For years, MACROSS enthusiasts have clamored for a return to the original Macross and its memorable characters. The music video Flash Back 2012 came close to realizing those hopes, but for a dozen years, most of the original voice ensemble itself has never come together again for such a project. Sadly, this drama will be the last; Hase Arihiro passed away after voicing Ichijyo Hikaru one final time.

MACROSS CLASSIC originally aired on four late summer weekend nights on Macross World, the radio program which began this year with DJs Koyasu Takehito (MACROSS 7's Gamlin) and Nakagawa Akiko (MACROSS 7's Flower Girl). As he himself noted before the drama began, director and creator Kawamori Shouji had never dramatized the two years between episode 27 and 28 of the first television series until now. (Although Tomita Sukehiro's Macross Vol. IV audio drama did rely on and make references to this period.) The fans had to be content with "The Lost Two Years," a short story Kawamori penned for the volumious reference tome MACROSS PERFECT MEMORY.

While not a straight adaptation of this short story, the MACROSS CLASSIC audio drama depicts the same mind-numbing devastation in the wake of Space War I, the gradual comeback Earth made from the apocalypse, and the Human-Zentradi cooperation essential to the healing. All this, though, are mere backdrops to the slowly evolving relationship between Ichijyo Hikaru and Hayase Misa (Doi Mika). Before the episode "My Album," the two had two years to test their bond as Misa oversaw the UN Spacy's reconstruction and Hikaru began patrols of the scarred earth. The story may seem compressed and the pacing clipped, but the results compare well to the last half of Macross Vol. 5 audio drama, the rushed summary compacting the event-filled Space War I into one hour.

With the notable exception of Lynn Minmay (Iijima Mari), almost everyone from Ichijyo Hikaru to Captain (now Supreme Commander) Bruno J. Global (Hazama Michio) and even the Zentradi return for this event. Lest Lynn Minmay not apppear at all in this drama, Minmay vocal numbers bookend the chapters and permeate the background. (Iijima Mari did visit the Macross World radio program a few weeks after MACROSS CLASSIC ended, but she was unavailable to Victor Entertainment for the drama recording.) Fortunately, Kawamori's original short story and this audio drama emphasize the Hikaru-Misa relationship so the loss is regretable, but not total.

Take note of cameos by such characters as Macross Plus's Millard Johnson (Utsumi Kenji) when he served under Ichijyo's command and even Flower Girl (Nakagawa Akiko), even though she is not quite who MACROSS 7 enthusiasts may remember her. In a body of works that spans two decades, these cameos provide an much-needed bridge between the classic and the new.

With numerous manga compilations, audio CDs, and CD-ROMs still coming through the pipeline almost every month, the MACROSS story has hardly attained its final resolution. However, for those who seek one more nostalgic return to the characters who first endeared us to MACROSS, this drama provides a fitting closure to the original MACROSS.

Okay that was vague. Is she really Flower Girl or could she be the Flower Girl we know's Mom?

The forum search got kinks can't the Macross Classic thread but I did find this.

http://www.ex.org/1.4/29-mclassic_cd.html

Okay that was vague. Is she really Flower Girl or could she be the Flower Girl we know's Mom?

Who knows?

Hikaru goes to a Minmay concerned which is cancelled because of too much enthusiastic stomping by giant Zentradi (who, thankfully, all shout, "L-O-V-E LOVELY MINMAY!"), and he ends up meeting the Flower Girl, who is a big Minmay fan and came all the way from Japan for the concert (but she arrived after it was cancelled...which is just the sort of thing that would happen in Mac7, isn't it?).

It's unlikely that she's the same person (because she'd be in her fifties by the time of Mac7), but maybe the later version is a clone...?

At any rate, I think she's the only character to appear in some connection with the original SDFM, Mac7, AND Frontier...

Edited by Gubaba

Who knows?

Hikaru goes to a Minmay concerned which is cancelled because of too much enthusiastic stomping by giant Zentradi (who, thankfully, all shout, "L-O-V-E LOVELY MINMAY!"), and he ends up meeting the Flower Girl, who is a big Minmay fan and came all the way from Japan for the concert (but she arrived after it was cancelled...which is just the sort of thing that would happen in Mac7, isn't it?).

It's unlikely that she's the same person (because she'd be in her fifties by the time of Mac7), but maybe the later version is a clone...?

At any rate, I think she's the only character to appear in some connection with the original SDFM, Mac7, AND Frontier...

Well given that she is blonde I doubt that she is Japanese.

We have three posibilities:

A. The Minmay Flower Girl is Basara's Flower Girl's mother.

B. The Flower Girl we know in Macross 7 is clone born on the year 2030. The last year clones were produced. Since she seems to be of the same age as Mylene.

C. Flower Girl is a Meltran fan that recognizes singers who will change the world. (My favorite)

Well given that she is blonde I doubt that she is Japanese.

We have three posibilities:

A. The Minmay Flower Girl is Basara's Flower Girl's mother.

B. The Flower Girl we know in Macross 7 is clone born on the year 2030. The last year clones were produced. Since she seems to be of the same age as Mylene.

C. Flower Girl is a Meltran fan that recognizes singers who will change the world. (My favorite)

Personally I think the Flower Girl was just thrown in to excite Macross 7 fans and there isn't much to read into it. Also, Akiko Nakagawa was one of the hosts on the Macross World radio show, so I guess it gave her something else to do??

I've never liked the Flower Girl, so it was kinda annoying to have her appear, but since she was a fan favorite in Japan...