American Dad

eriku

Seth MacFarlane's next animated project is called "American Dad" and is supposed to air sometime in 2005...which is a bit odd since that's when the new Family Guy episodes are supposed to start. Could we be lucky enough to get two great Seth McFarlane shows at the same time?

Anyway, check out the 6 minute clip of the pilot episode and tell me that the alien isn't going to be a hit! It's sorta like ALF, only funny...

www.american-dad.com

Very interesting. I love the bits he's been doing on CN lately. McFarlane definitely deserves all the success he can muster - the resurrection of Family Guy is a bewildering and unexpected schock to one so jaded by network cluelessness. It was easily the best show Fox put on the air since the Simpsons, IMHO, and I think anyone who's seen it will agree it was taken away WAY before it's time.

The trades are reporting that some of McFarlene's picks of Family Guy will be on during the Olympics (on Fox). Otherwise, new episodes will not air until next year. Alex Borstein (voice of Lois) has indicated that the new episodes are set to come in June 2005. American Dad will come on first however. My guess is that depending on how American Dad turns out will influence if Family Guy comes on sooner. But until then, June 2005.

Looks pretty good, but I don't think it holds a candle to Family Guy based on what I saw.... Has potential though...

Family Guy is possibly the funniest show I have ever seen. Maybe I'm biased... :lol::p

Loved the alien, but other than that...Family Guy (except for two segments) almost always made me laugh more than cringe...this one was just the opposite. From the overly horny fish (Brian was a saint compared to that goldfish!) to Mr. Smith frisking his daughter ("You never do that to Steve...") this was just too much.

Gotta agree with that. Personally, I like Futurama better than Simpsons or Family Guy, but I can understand that that is just a matter of taste....

They're all three hilarious.... just that Futurama is worth buying to me, and the rest are rentals or borrowers....

Heh, I remember people complaining that Futurama was too much like the Simpsons.  :lol:

aside form the animation style i dont tihnk futurama is anything like simpsons

yep, because for however long Futurama was on, it was still funny. the Simpsons, i am sad to say, has lost it for me.

Heh, I remember people complaining that Futurama was too much like the Simpsons.  :lol:

aside form the animation style i dont tihnk futurama is anything like simpsons

yep, because for however long Futurama was on, it was still funny. the Simpsons, i am sad to say, has lost it for me.

Sadly ... :(

Thanks for proving my point, guys. ;) Back when Futurama first aired and some people were saying it was too similar to the Simpsons, I never really saw where tey were coming from, other than the animation style of course. Now Futurama has proven itself to be not only vastly different, but also better in some ways.

I'm still pissed it had to get beheaded by the blind and unforgiving Fox guillotine. <_<