Got a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru. Question

marx

It's a nice toy but the flap that is located directly behind the cockpit supposed to be loose? I turned it upside down in jet mode and it just dangled from the jet for a moment and then fell off.. My heart stopped for a moment.. Is it supposed to do that, is there something that I'm missing?

It's a nice toy but the flap that is located directly behind the cockpit supposed to be loose? I turned it upside down in jet mode and it just dangled from the jet for a moment and then fell off.. My heart stopped for a moment.. Is it supposed to do that, is there something that I'm missing?

I don't think it is, Mine was so loose I glued it down. ;)

mate, its not meant to fall off, its not exactly the tightest joint on my 48s, it should stay mostly closed at least which barrell rolling..

maybe someone here can suggest a way to tighten it up or fix it. I hadn't done anything for one so cant say what works...

as for the person that glued theres down.....----> :blink:

Hey, I only used a single drop of white elmers glue to keep it from falling in battroid mode, plus a movable airbrake was not that important to me. :p

Hey, I only used a single drop of white elmers glue to keep it from falling in battroid mode, plus a movable airbrake was not that important to me. :p

well elmers glue works nice too and comes off nice. :D

when people say "glue" i always think of krazy glue.

oh i used some elmers glue for the FP mini-missiles(the 2 in each launcher that just don't stay on) and it works like a charm. :)

Hey, MARX, did you pick up the FP's to go along w/ yer 1S HIKARU? hope ya did, coz if ya think that valk is simply beautiful, wait until ya put the FP's on! (Can ya tell it's my favorite! :D ). And don't forget the after-market decals!! ;)

just get some fun-tac and put a tiny little ball to hold it shut. :) it beats doing anything else and it comes off clean...its fun-tac!

Hi all,

haterist, could you please tell me anything more about the fun-tac? Both of my 1/48's (1S hikaru and 1J hikaru) have their airbrakes a little loose.

Thanks in advance,

manu

I couldn't help but notice how the plastic canopy refracts the inside of the cockpit with a wavy pattern. Is it possible to make a clear plastic canopy that could eliminate this or is it better to use a glass canopy?

fearyaks is correct blu-tak, fun-tac, its all the same stuff.

as far as the opaque canopy issue, get some Future floor polish. yes, floor polish. you'll have to brush it on(both inside and out), since you can't remove the canopy but it makes the windscreen nice and shiney! :)