SDF2 MegaRoad-01 Continuation Story Trailer

kodiack12345

• 7 months later...

Well the project is still on, just a little slow, after all this is only a hobby ; ) Animating frame by frame is not fun ;) but we are all enjoying it. We will keep this project info posted. The funny thing is that none of us in this project are artist. Thats probably why it is taking so long. There's no estimated dates for completion but we will keep the digital cell posted. By the time we are done we are probably 60 LOL!!!

One side project that we are currently doing right now is remastering DYRL. We are frame by frame removing dust and specks, resize the film to 720P, color correction, brightness and such. Parts that are off colour we are touching it up. The Wacom LCd tablet comes in handy ; ) So far we removed 11,900 specks and dust and scratches. The source of our dyrl is on DVD. We will post a few re-mastered frames pretty soon

Dude,

Your cell of Hikaru looks pretty good considering you are still working on it. I commend ya! Have you considered just going to a PC for animation as far as cells, and coloring etc? I have done some animation myself and believe me, I know how time consuming it truly is! Especially with paints and waiting for them to dry, etc. I found it to be much faster and easier to control when I am coloring cells (or pencil tests) in Photoshop. You can also easily go back and make many changes or corrections as you see fit rather than bust out a new cell. Which I'm sure you know by now is not cheap. Good luck with your project and I hope to actually see some of it soon!!!

Dude,

Your cell of Hikaru looks pretty good considering you are still working on it. I commend ya! Have you considered just going to a PC for animation as far as cells, and coloring etc? I have done some animation myself and believe me, I know how time consuming it truly is! Especially with paints and waiting for them to dry, etc. I found it to be much faster and easier to control when I am coloring cells (or pencil tests) in Photoshop. You can also easily go back and make many changes or corrections as you see fit rather than bust out a new cell. Which I'm sure you know by now is not cheap. Good luck with your project and I hope to actually see some of it soon!!!

345268[/snapback]

I cannot belive you actually tried doing it the traditional way, but we are animating this completely in digital, except we are drawing the cells with the wacom tablets! No need to Dry!!!

Edited by kodiack12345

Now that I read your post with the cell of Hikaru again, I can see that you are doing this digitally. I did traditional cels for an animation class once and damn was it time consuming! Good to see your project is still rolling. I look so forward to seeing the trailer! Keep kickin' ass!

One side project that we are currently doing right now is remastering DYRL. We  are frame by frame removing dust and specks, resize the film to 720P, color correction, brightness and such. Parts that are off colour we are touching it up. The Wacom LCd tablet comes in handy ; ) So far we removed 11,900 specks and dust and scratches. The source of our dyrl is on DVD. We will post a few re-mastered frames pretty soon

343990[/snapback]

:o

That's nuts. I would definitely pay to see that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'd love to see some sort of an ETA on this project as well.

372021[/snapback]

Yeah, but dream on. To create something such as this you need to be in the right mood and have enough time to dedicate yourself to it. Just from working on the DYRL mod, I can appreciate the 'it's done when it's done' ETA.

• 10 months later...