VF-11 Weapon Bays

The VF-11's armament according to the Macross Compendium (As of July 11th, 2004):

"ARMAMENT: VF-11A, B, and C: Fixed rear anti-aircraft pulse laser gun mounted on central dorsal section in Fighter and GERWALK mode or on head turret in Battroid mode. Standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield mounted on center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode or on lower arm section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Standard external multipurpose 30 mm 6-barrel gun pod with sensor, foregrip, anti-armor bayonet (on early space models), and large barrel magazine mounted under center ventral fuselage in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK and Battroid modes (with two spare magazines stored underneath shield). Four special equipment hard point stations for external space FAST Pack units with four Hughes HMMM-Mk 6 micro-missile launchers mounted on dorsal fuselage (exit ports in front of booster units) and two chaff and flare dispensers mounted in FAST Pack propellent tank units on engine section in Fighter mode or on lower-leg section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Option of Protect Armor with reactive armor shield, Hughes HMMM-Mk 6 micro-missile launchers, four shoulder-mounted laser guns (capable of firing 20 pulses from energy pack), and long-range high-piercing-round gun pod for ground tactical missions in Battroid mode only. Numerous optional weapons.

VF-11D Custom: Standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield mounted on center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode or on lower arm section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Standard external multipurpose 30 mm 6-barrel gun pod with sensor, foregrip, and large-barrel magazine mounted under center ventral fuselage in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK and Battroid modes (with two spare magazines stored underneath shield). Pin-point barrier system. Micro-missile launch system in dorsal and leg/engine-nacelle space/atmospheric FAST Pack pods.[/U] Two chaff and flare dispensers mounted in FAST Pack propellent tank units on engine section in Fighter mode or on lower-leg section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Numerous optional weapons.

VF-11MAXL Custom: Standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield mounted on center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode or on lower arm section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. External speaker-pod-shooting launcher pod mounted under center dorsal section in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Pin-point barrier system. Two laser cannons. Four internal Little Rock launch systems mounted on dorsal section in Fighter mode or in shoulders in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Two internal Little Rock launch systems in lower leg/engine-pod bays for six micro-missiles each (VF-11MAXL Custom)."

-Macross Compendium (Egan Loo)

I think there is something that needs to be addressed.

We know that what we saw in the animation was a mistake. As Egan Loo said, the Macross 7's animators used a draft concept for weapon bays on the VF-11. However, they are not a part of the official specifications. This is truth.

However, guess what? The VF-11C does have weapon bays. : ) HAHA

Of course, I should say that they are located on the engine-mounted atmospheric FAST packs, in addition to the rearward micro missile launchers. This is how every fighter was able to carry reaction weaponry even with the animation error. I guess even the animators got nevious about all those reaction weapons being loaded on the VFs. LOL

I just thought this should be pointed out since its not mentioned on Egan's site, but it is on Kawamori's finished designs for the VF-11C Atmospheric FAST Pack-equipped version.

^.^ Shine a little light on the subject:

vf11c_weaponbays.jpg

Hate to do an sorta Egan-Loo here but, did you look at where that FAST pack is listed?

VF-11D Custom: Standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield mounted on center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode or on lower arm section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Standard external multipurpose 30 mm 6-barrel gun pod with sensor, foregrip, and large-barrel magazine mounted under center ventral fuselage in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK and Battroid modes (with two spare magazines stored underneath shield). Pin-point barrier system. Micro-missile launch system in dorsal and leg/engine-nacelle space/atmospheric FAST Pack pods. Two chaff and flare dispensers mounted in FAST Pack propellent tank units on engine section in Fighter mode or on lower-leg section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Numerous optional weapons.

Maybe I should make it in more bold: VF-11D Custom

Now...sure the lineart for the VF-11C atmospheric FAST packs says it is but you're using the wrong statement to prove a different point. I should also note that the Compendium still doesn't lists those atmospheric FAST packs... And that the VF-11D Custom uses a different style FAST pack than the VF-11C.

Now as much as the lineart explains (and it does, that's a good find), you're using the wrong listing to prove it.... :ph34r:

Edited by azrael

Hate to do an sorta Egan-Loo here but, did you look at where that FAST pack is listed?
VF-11D Custom: Standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield mounted on center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode or on lower arm section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Standard external multipurpose 30 mm 6-barrel gun pod with sensor, foregrip, and large-barrel magazine mounted under center ventral fuselage in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK and Battroid modes (with two spare magazines stored underneath shield). Pin-point barrier system. Micro-missile launch system in dorsal and leg/engine-nacelle space/atmospheric FAST Pack pods. Two chaff and flare dispensers mounted in FAST Pack propellent tank units on engine section in Fighter mode or on lower-leg section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Numerous optional weapons.

Now...sure the lineart for the VF-11C atmospheric FAST packs says it is but you're using the wrong statement to prove a different point. I should also note that the Compendium still doesn't lists those atmospheric FAST packs... And that the VF-11D Custom uses a different style FAST pack than the VF-11C.

Now as much as the lineart explains (and it does, that's a good find), you're using the wrong listing to prove it.... :ph34r:

Actually, that is another error of the Macross Compendium. The VF-11D Custom does not have micro missile launchers on the engine-mounted FAST packs. There is no mention of them on the design sheets. There is however mention of them on the design sheets for the VF-11C Atmospheric FAST Packs (engine-mounted).

What I was really trying to do was point out the fact that there was no info on the VF-11C's weapon bay [hatch] (Atmospheric FAST Packs) on the Macross Compendium's VF-11 Thunderbolt entry.

Edited by Nanashi

The VF-11's armament according to the Macross Compendium (As of July 11th, 2004):

"ARMAMENT: VF-11A, B, and C: Fixed rear anti-aircraft pulse laser gun mounted on central dorsal section in Fighter and GERWALK mode or on head turret in Battroid mode. Standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield mounted on center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode or on lower arm section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Standard external multipurpose 30 mm 6-barrel gun pod with sensor, foregrip, anti-armor bayonet (on early space models), and large barrel magazine mounted under center ventral fuselage in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK and Battroid modes (with two spare magazines stored underneath shield). Four special equipment hard point stations for external space FAST Pack units with four Hughes HMMM-Mk 6 micro-missile launchers mounted on dorsal fuselage (exit ports in front of booster units) and two chaff and flare dispensers mounted in FAST Pack propellent tank units on engine section in Fighter mode or on lower-leg section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Option of Protect Armor with reactive armor shield, Hughes HMMM-Mk 6 micro-missile launchers, four shoulder-mounted laser guns (capable of firing 20 pulses from energy pack), and long-range high-piercing-round gun pod for ground tactical missions in Battroid mode only. Numerous optional weapons.

VF-11D Custom: Standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield mounted on center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode or on lower arm section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Standard external multipurpose 30 mm 6-barrel gun pod with sensor, foregrip, and large-barrel magazine mounted under center ventral fuselage in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK and Battroid modes (with two spare magazines stored underneath shield). Pin-point barrier system. Micro-missile launch system in dorsal and leg/engine-nacelle space/atmospheric FAST Pack pods.[/U] Two chaff and flare dispensers mounted in FAST Pack propellent tank units on engine section in Fighter mode or on lower-leg section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Numerous optional weapons.

VF-11MAXL Custom: Standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield mounted on center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode or on lower arm section in GERWALK and Battroid modes. External speaker-pod-shooting launcher pod mounted under center dorsal section in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Pin-point barrier system. Two laser cannons. Four internal Little Rock launch systems mounted on dorsal section in Fighter mode or in shoulders in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Two internal Little Rock launch systems in lower leg/engine-pod bays for six micro-missiles each (VF-11MAXL Custom)."

We know that what we saw in the animation was a mistake. As Egan Loo said, the Macross 7's animators used a draft concept for weapon bays on the VF-11. However, they are not a part of the official specifications. This is truth.

Of course, I should say that they are located on the engine-mounted atmospheric FAST packs, in addition to the rearward micro missile launchers. This is how every fighter was able to carry reaction weaponry even with the animation error. I guess even the animators got nevious about all those reaction weapons being loaded on the VFs. LOL

I just thought this should be pointed out since its not mentioned on Egan's site, but it is on Kawamori's finished designs for the VF-11C Atmospheric FAST Pack-equipped version.

vf11c_weaponbays.jpg

Shoji Kawamori's mechanical designs do not say "weapon bays," and specifically distinguishes the term "weapon bays" from the containers that the FAST Packs are. (It should be noted that the image shown above earlier mistranslated "hatch" as "bay" before being edited as seen now.)

"Numerous optional weapons" are listed in the official specifications and in the Macross Compendium specifically for these FAST Pack pods, as excerpted above.

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/united_.../variable/vf11/

Actually, that is another error of the Macross Compendium. The VF-11D Custom does not have micro missile launchers on the engine-mounted FAST packs. There is no mention of them on the design sheets. There is however mention of them on the design sheets for the VF-11C Atmospheric FAST Packs (engine-mounted).

What I was really trying to do was point out the fact that there was no info on the VF-11C's weapon bay [hatch] (Atmospheric FAST Packs) on the Macross Compendium's VF-11 Thunderbolt entry.

Shoji Kawamori's mechanical designs and specifications specifically state that the VF-11D Custom's FAST Pack system has micro missile launching ports in the engine-nacelle-mounted FAST Pack pods.

The VF-11C is not listed as having "weapon bays" by Shoji Kawamori. Shoji Kawamori makes a distinction of the "containers" (which FAST Pack systems all are be default) from the internal weapon bays.

vf11c_weaponbays.jpg

Shoji Kawamori's mechanical designs do not say "weapon bays," and specifically distinguishes the term "weapon bays" from the containers that the FAST Packs are. (It should be noted that the image shown above earlier mistranslated "hatch" as "bay" before being edited as seen now.)

"Numerous optional weapons" are listed in the official specifications and in the Macross Compendium specifically for these FAST Pack pods, as excerpted above.

You are correct. I corrected the image once I realized I translated it wrong.

Still, weapon hatch.... if its a weapon hatch then there has to be a weapon bay for that hatch. Regardless, you should update your site to reflect in more detail what some of those "Numerous optional weapons" are, as some of them have already been specified. : )

Shoji Kawamori's mechanical designs and specifications specifically state that the VF-11D Custom's FAST Pack system has micro missile launching ports in the engine-nacelle-mounted FAST Pack pods.

The VF-11C is not listed as having "weapon bays" by Shoji Kawamori. Shoji Kawamori makes a distinction of the "containers" (which FAST Pack systems all are be default) from the internal weapon bays.

Yes, but specified where exactly?

There is no mention on the designs sheets:

vf11d_kai-page.jpg

None of the views say anything about micro missile launchers in the leg-mounted pods. Only mentions propellant tanks....

Yes, but specified where exactly?

There is no mention on the designs sheets:

None of the views say anything about micro missile launchers in the leg-mounted pods. Only mentions propellant tanks....

It is presumptive and inaccurate to state that Shoji Kawamori's VF-11D Custom's leg/engine-nacelle FAST Pack pods do not have micro missile launch systems based on only two Fighter-mode illustrations. They are specified by Shoji Kawamori himself as having micro missile launching ports on the actual mechanical design sheets and specifications. Among other places, this can be seen in the liner note supplements to Macross 7.

http://www.anime.net/macross/production/an...e_action/seven/

Hmmm. I didn't read anything specific on the Macross 7 liner notes that states there are any micro missile launchers are specifically located on the leg/engine-mounted FAST Packs.

It seems pretty general-just talking about how the Jamming Birds super version has a sound energy system and micro missile launchers etc., but not stating anything about their placement.

Nothing in the This is Animation Macross 7 Animation Materials book either.

Not just two fighter mode illustrations..... two fighter mode illustrations and three Battroid mode illustrations.

Hmmm. I didn't read anything specific on the Macross 7 liner notes that states there are any micro missile launchers are specifically located on the leg/engine-mounted FAST Packs.

It seems pretty general-just talking about how the Jamming Birds super version has a sound energy system and micro missile launchers etc., but not stating anything about their placement.

Not just two fighter mode illustrations..... two fighter mode illustrations and three Battroid mode illustrations.

There are more than two Fighter mode illustrations and three Battroid mode illustrations of the VF-11D Custom.

Specifically:

Macross 7 Memorial Materials Book laser disc liner note supplement

Page 139

5th design sheet (Macross 7 Version VF-11-D Custom Thunderbolt Fighter Mode [sic])

Bottom left illustration

Rightmost note (with arrow specifically pointing towards the leg/engine-nacelle FAST Pack)

Still, weapon hatch.... if its a weapon hatch then there has to be a weapon bay for that hatch.

Shoji Kawamori specifically does not call these Fast Pack "weapon bays" so that people would not get them confused with the "internal weapon bays"--as has already happened here. In that respect, they are no different from the FAST Packs containers for several other variable fighters.

Regardless, you should update your site to reflect in more detail what some of those "Numerous optional weapons" are, as some of them have already been specified. : )

The Compendium will update even more if you promise to stop posting wrong information as accurate. ^^

Less time correcting other people's inaccuracies => more time updating Macross Compendium

Still, weapon hatch.... if its a weapon hatch then there has to be a weapon bay for that hatch.

Shoji Kawamori specifically does not call these Fast Pack "weapon bays" so that people would not get them confused with the "internal weapon bays"--as has already happened here. In that respect, they are no different from the FAST Packs containers for several other variable fighters.

Regardless, you should update your site to reflect in more detail what some of those "Numerous optional weapons" are, as some of them have already been specified. : )

The Compendium will update even more if you promise to stop posting wrong information as accurate. ^^

Less time correcting other people's inaccuracies => more time updating Macross Compendium

LOL

I think you should post on the forums more often with more detailed information and stop avoiding the meat of people's real questions when they ask. : )

LOL

I think you should post on the forums more often with more detailed information and stop avoiding the meat of people's real questions when they ask. : )

Please explain how you think my posts here should be even more detailed and accurate about the creators' own official material *where they permit.*

Please explain how you think detailed inaccurate, unofficial speculation is more informative than detailed accurate, official information.

Please explain how you think my corrections of the wrong, mistranslated information posted here should be even more detailed.

Please explain why you think that not answering questions with inaccurate, unofficial speculation is "avoiding the meat of people's real questions."

Please explain which questions you think should be answered with more detailed, official information--when the creators do not have such information themselves or deem not to provide them.

Please explain why you think working the Compendium--where questions can be answered once and set aside--is not as important than answering questions elsewhere.

Please explain why I have been asked to work even more on the Compendium, answer even more email, and make even more forum posts--all on the same day--but not asked why doing all three and sleeping is not possible.

Please explain why I should answer the questions asked about incorrect information such as the cost of the Prometheus or the class name of ships when I was not the one who had given that incorrect information in the first place.

Please explain who else you think is giving more accurate, more official English information on Macross.

Please answer all of these.

Meanwhile, I'll go to sleep.

WJ, give Egan a break. He works his bollocks off providing a great site for all of us. Hell without his site I'd be knackered doing Macross roleplay stats, and no of us would know all of the interesting in between the scenes stuff.

And sleep is an important commodity, (one I tend to go without far too often as well,) so Egan take a break and get some well earned rest.

WJ, Egan is doing us and specifically in this case, you, a service. He's not paid for it, he does it out of love. Like all of us who either provide information, images, and data, such as Egan and yourself. Or the multitude of stats bashers like me. Egan is not able to provide info on stuff that he doesn't know about yet. (Which is why I've had a ruler up to my monitor measuring the little man against the Octos to work out how tall/long it is. Its not fantastically accurate but it gives me a good headstart until Egan is able to provide more accurate info. All in your own good time Egan no rush =)

So in conclusion. WJ, give the guy a break and wait patiently. And Egan, I promise I won't bug you for ship Class names again for the time being, (I'll go kidnap Kawamori-San instead and make him tell me ;) ) if you promise to take 5 minutes out for yourself :)

Edited by Jester

There are more than two Fighter mode illustrations and three Battroid mode illustrations of the VF-11D Custom.

Specifically:

Macross 7 Memorial Materials Book laser disc liner note supplement

Page 139

5th design sheet (Macross 7 Version VF-11-D Custom Thunderbolt Fighter Mode [sic])

Bottom left illustration

Rightmost note (with arrow specifically pointing towards the leg/engine-nacelle FAST Pack)

*Digs out Macross 7 Memorial Materials book*

There it is....

vf11d_kai_legmicromissile.jpg

I apologize. Again, you are correct Egan Loo. I am sorry that I gave you a hard time : /

WJ, give Egan a break. He works his bollocks off providing a great site for all of us. Hell without his site I'd be knackered doing Macross roleplay stats, and no of us would know all of the interesting in between the scenes stuff.

And sleep is an important commodity, (one I tend to go without far too often as well,) so Egan take a break and get some well earned rest.

WJ, Egan is doing us and specifically in this case, you, a service. He's not paid for it, he does it out of love. Like all of us who either provide information, images, and data, such as Egan and yourself. Or the multitude of stats bashers like me. Egan is not able to provide info on stuff that he doesn't know about yet. (Which is why I've had a ruler up to my monitor measuring the little man against the Octos to work out how tall/long it is. Its not fantastically accurate but it gives me a good headstart until Egan is able to provide more accurate info. All in your own good time Egan no rush =)

So in conclusion. WJ, give the guy a break and wait patiently. And Egan, I promise I won't bug you for ship Class names again for the time being, (I'll go kidnap Kawamori-San instead and make him tell me ;) ) if you promise to take 5 minutes out for yourself :)

You are right....

LOL

Please explain how you think my posts here should be even more detailed and accurate about the creators' own official material *where they permit.*

Please explain how you think detailed inaccurate, unofficial speculation is more informative than detailed accurate, official information.

Please explain how you think my corrections of the wrong, mistranslated information posted here should be even more detailed.

Please explain why you think that not answering questions with inaccurate, unofficial speculation is "avoiding the meat of people's real questions."

Please explain which questions you think should be answered with more detailed, official information--when the creators do not have such information themselves or deem not to provide them.

Please explain why you think working the Compendium--where questions can be answered once and set aside--is not as important than answering questions elsewhere.

Please explain why I have been asked to work even more on the Compendium, answer even more email, and make even more forum posts--all on the same day--but not asked why doing all three and sleeping is not possible.

Please explain why I should answer the questions asked about incorrect information such as the cost of the Prometheus or the class name of ships when I was not the one who had given that incorrect information in the first place.

Please explain who else you think is giving more accurate, more official English information on Macross.

Please answer all of these.

Meanwhile, I'll go to sleep.

I cannot explain these, because there is no explanation warranted or proper. : (

Again, I am sorry.

You're being too hard on yourself, Nanashi. I, for one, think you were right on many counts.

Case in point, your Ghost X-9 thread. You were completely right in that Egan ignored the meat of our questions. He glanced over them entirely and chose to only point out your one mistake. He's implied that the information you seek doesn't exist (in another thread, mind you), but he'll never just come out and tell us that when we need to know it. In fact, it almost seems as if the only times he contributes information on these forums is when it's used to contradict you, Nanashi.

Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate Egan's work on the Compendium as much as everyone else. No one can deny that it's a great resource, and the only source of 100% accurate Macross information (in a language we can read, at least). And all the time he puts into updating it is very much appreciated.

But really, if he's going to spend some of that time correcting Nanashi on the creator of the Ghost, would it have been too much to ask to spend another 5 seconds answering our chaff question at the same time? Even if that answer was "the information you seek doesn't exist"

I hope you guys aren't taking this thread too seriously. Now, I fully understand the Macross position (particularly as a big Macross fan) and by default, I understand Egan Loo's policy. I mean let's face it, Macross is one anime franchise that certainly does not need people spreading more misinformation...whether it's franchise-based or statistics-based.

However, I really hope people would stop giving the creators of these websites a hard time, Egan and Nanashi both. I used to run a website, so I know what it's like to be pestered for updates and the flood of repetitive questions about contraversial subjects. But we need more Macross websites, not less. And I really don't care if they are 99% accurate or 95%. Just as long as it's not some 5-year-old reguritating RPG stats and calling things "veritech"

Besides, as far as I am concerned, there has yet to be created a Macross website that is both informative and very entertaining. This is not a criticism of Shawn/Graham, Egan Loo, or WJ. MacrossWorld, Macross Compendium, and Nanashi's are all good websites in their own right which I enjoy reading. But most of the Macross websites are very dry, offering a limited focus on a few aspects in which the site owners are interested/allowed to print. There is no Force.net of Macross. No GundamProject for us fans. No technical manual or character websites with plenty of great stats and a big serving of high quality scans of all things Macross.

I'd love to create one myself, but my passion is film and thus I spend my energies and time toward that goal. I would simply like to ENCOURAGE more websites about Macross. At this point, it only requires the retirement of four people...FOUR people...and the internet is robbed of all things Macross in english.

That's a humbling realization.

So I hope this thread will die a nice, friendly death for all parties concerned. We need more Macross, not less. The only thing we need less of is the fighting...as does the Macross community in general.

Edited by Mr March

Actually, I'm just wonding if the part I've marked on the picture below is a micro-missile launcher?

Graham

You're being too hard on yourself, Nanashi.  I, for one, think you were right on many counts.

Case in point, your Ghost X-9 thread.  You were completely right in that Egan ignored the meat of our questions.  He glanced over them entirely and chose to only point out your one mistake.  He's implied that the information you seek doesn't exist (in another thread, mind you), but he'll never just come out and tell us that when we need to know it.  In fact, it almost seems as if the only times he contributes information on these forums is when it's used to contradict you, Nanashi.

Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate Egan's work on the Compendium as much as everyone else.  No one can deny that it's a great resource, and the only source of 100% accurate Macross information (in a language we can read, at least).  And all the time he puts into updating it is very much appreciated. 

But really, if he's going to spend some of that time correcting Nanashi on the creator of the Ghost, would it have been too much to ask to spend another 5 seconds answering our chaff question at the same time?  Even if that answer was "the information you seek doesn't exist"

Therein lies an issue: I can't speak for the creators by answering "the information you seek doesn't exist" unless I ask the creators directly this question. To say that the information doesn't exist without asking the creators themselves is jumping to conclusions as well.

A perfect example of this is the VF-1 Valkyrie's sub air intake. For over a decade, people assumed that the sub air intake doesn't have a main purpose in Fighter mode--an assertion made as recently as this year. It was only a little over five years ago that Shoji Kawamori said for the first time publically what the sub air intake does. As Kawamori noted for that answer, the information existed all along--he just hadn't said out loud. ^^ If I had answered five years ago to all the people who asked, "What does the sub air intake do?" by saying, "The information you seek doesn't exist"--then that would not be correct. I avoid saying "the information does not exist" when I can ask the creators directly.

You might notice that the few times I do post on this forum (and other forums as others can vouch) is when I'm told by a reader that the Macross Compendium's accuracy is being called into question. The impression you have that I only respond to Nanashi's posts on this forum is because Nanashi is the only person on this forum who consistently calls the Macross Compendium's accuracy into question on this forum--and is consistently wrong for it. Thanks to this forum's convenient search feature, I can also correct the many other inaccuracies from Nanashi at the same time.

Perhaps you're right--I should just set aside Nanashi's posts, since I've shown that every time he tries to assert something is wrong in the Macross Compendium, his posts are proven to be inaccurate. That would me give more time to respond to all people's valid posts equally.

Actually, I'm just wonding if the part I've marked on the picture below is a micro-missile launcher?

Graham

That's correct--that is the micro-missile launch port, as noted on Shoji Kawamori's original mechanical designs and noted on page 119 of the Macross 7 Animation Materials. This is another good example of where people should not say "the information doesn't exist" without checking first with the creators or their notes.

I hope you guys aren't taking this thread too seriously.  Now, I fully understand the Macross position (particularly as a big Macross fan) and by default, I understand Egan Loo's policy.  I mean let's face it, Macross is one anime franchise that certainly does not need people spreading more misinformation...whether it's franchise-based or statistics-based.

However, I really hope people would stop giving the creators of these websites a hard time, Egan and Nanashi both.  I used to run a website, so I know what it's like to be pestered for updates and the flood of repetitive questions about contraversial subjects.  But we need more Macross websites, not less.  And I really don't care if they are 99% accurate or 95%.  Just as long as it's not some 5-year-old reguritating RPG stats and calling things "veritech"

Besides, as far as I am concerned, there has yet to be created a Macross website that is both informative and very entertaining.  This is not a criticism of Shawn/Graham, Egan Loo, or WJ.  MacrossWorld, Macross Compendium, and Nanashi's are all good websites in their own right which I enjoy reading.  But most of the Macross websites are very dry, offering a limited focus on a few aspects in which the site owners are interested/allowed to print.  There is no Force.net of Macross.  No GundamProject for us fans.  No technical manual or character websites with plenty of great stats and a big serving of high quality scans of all things Macross.

I'd love to create one myself, but my passion is film and thus I spend my energies and time toward that goal.  I would simply like to ENCOURAGE more websites about Macross.  At this point, it only requires the retirement of four people...FOUR people...and the internet is robbed of all things Macross in english.

That's a humbling realization.

So I hope this thread will die a nice, friendly death for all parties concerned.  We need more Macross, not less.  The only thing we need less of is the fighting...as does the Macross community in general.

Absolutely--the more fan work, the merrier for any fandom. (You might notice that Gundam Project no longer even exists--my friend and frequent working cohort Mark Simmons couldn't afford it anymore, especially after North American Gundam fandom and web hits grew, but his budget didn't. Fortunately, his work on Gundamofficial.com and Gundam DVDs continues, just like my work on the Macross DVDs.)

I personally do care about the Macross Compendium's accuracy and "officialness," especially when it is called into question and yet without merit. People will note that I do not criticize a website on accuracy unless 1) that website calls the Macross Compendium itself inaccurate without merit and 2) that website claims to be accurate when it isn't.

As I have noted before, I have no problems with fan speculation when it is treated as such. The Gundam fandom wouldn't have grown as much as it has in Japan if it weren't for Shoji Kawamori, Haruhiko Mikimoto, and countless others working on Gundam fan speculation--and the same is true for the Macross fandom as well.

I cannot explain these, because there is no explanation warranted or proper. : (

Again, I am sorry.

Apology accepted--now let's get back to what makes Macross fun: talking about it, asking about it, writing about it, and yes, speculating about it like fans will do for any story.

Once again, just please do not present something as accurate when it isn't, something as official when it isn't, something that trumpets "facts" when it itself is wrong, and something as being copyrighted by you when permission was not asked from the original creators.

Again, I am sorry.

Apology accepted--now let's get back to what makes Macross fun: talking about it, asking about it, writing about it, and yes, speculating about it like fans will do for any story.

Once again, just please do not present something as accurate when it isn't, something as official when it isn't, something that trumpets "facts" when it itself is wrong, and something as being copyrighted by you when permission was not asked from the original creators.

uhm... I don't know how the etiquette is one this... but there's that other thread, the one about the chaff/explosions in mac plus? could you answer that one too please?

:unsure:

Again, I am sorry.

Alright, I won't.