21st century toys latest 1:18 releases

Those things rock I am seriously tempted to get one of those f-18 and f-16s. If they ever produce an A-10 or a MiG-29 I would be all over those. I am getting my G-Pa the TBA Avenger for his upcoming birhtday, if it is out in time, check it out at Small Blue Planet Avenger

They're not THAT big! A 12in figure is 1/6 scale, so you'd need about a 9-foot long plane for them...

1:18 scale means a 4 inch figure, or more commonly, 3.75--GI JOE figures. They are basically GI Joe/Star Wars scale. Now you can have SCALE equipment for all your Joes. :)

Hey david aren't the sidewinder mounts on the hornet wrong too? Placed a little bit too far forward.....

BTW these are BBI. least the falcon and hornet. KNight26, being that you have the apache from the same BBI line, how durable is it? I want to know since I am considering buying the falcon if the plastic is durable(assuming it is the same material on the apache)

They're not THAT big! A 12in figure is 1/6 scale, so you'd need about a 9-foot long plane for them...

1:18 scale means a 4 inch figure, or more commonly, 3.75--GI JOE figures. They are basically GI Joe/Star Wars scale. Now you can have SCALE equipment for all your Joes. :)

D'oh, I don't know why I was thinking 1/6 scale, which seemed too unrealistically large to be true. :lol:

If they ever produce an A-10 or a MiG-29 I would be all over those.

You and me both - get an A-10, and then mod it into a Cobra Rattler! The Mig-29 or an Su-27 or Su-37 would be awesome too!

i had thought of the avenger. but i dont have room. Knight26 if you can get to saint louis area i know where a b-25 and a avenger in flying condition are stored and you can visit it if you tour the ww2 avation memorbilia museum for 2$

Edited by buddhafabio

Weird. Sidewinder's in the right place, the rail isn't. I think (after checking pics) the rail is too short on each end, but the middle is mounted in the right spot, so the missile mounted in the middle ends up in about the right spot (maybe a LITTLE too far forward), but the rail itself doesn't go fore and aft enough.

PS---Trumpeter's next big kit is a 1/32 Su-27. Should be out this fall.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Searched hard drive, found good pic of the wingtip launchers:

(This is VFA-83's just-repainted CAG plane with new big-horned skull-like ram's head on the tail, due to being called the "My Little Pony squadron" by the Jolly Rogers on their last cruise---the previous ram's head wasn't nearly aggressive enough to be paired with the skull and crossbones) :) Original logo still on center drop-tank.

Edited by David Hingtgen

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead!

I manage to obtain this F/A-18 HORNET 1:18.

For the size comparison to Yamato 1/48, I will let the picture speak for itself :)

Comparison of the 1/18 against the 1/48 Low Viz

Man, makes me wishing that I can own a 1/18 Low Viz :lol:

post-26-1091060814_thumb.jpg

Edited by rnurmin

its not dude! TRu was kind of skeptical on selling this, so badcataviation stepped in to procure the release!(fromw hat I remember him saying). SO yes we are fortunate to even be seeing this thing. If you notice when has this thing made it to TRU? I hve NEVER seen it in stores and even some employees are unsure if it willl ever set foot in the store. For 87$ consider yourself LUCKY!!

Holy crap, I just sa a pic from comicon and there was an EXLCUSIVE BLACK BBI F/A-18!! Called the black skull!!

Black, with marauders blue trim, BUT skull and crossbones on the tail fins AND fueselage in place of the USA stars!! too bad it was 200$ but it looked BEAUTIFUL!

The black one was a Comic Con exclusive with a limited release of 4.

On Saturday at the close of the show they only had 2 left, and I didn't feel like spending another 250 bux on top of what I already dropped for 2 days at the con, so I settled for the normal paint scheme for 100 bux.

post-26-1091092489_thumb.jpg