Gave Away My Robotech DVDs. . .

Hurin

Holy sheet, now I've read the rest of the story...

I'd kick them out and call another plumber. :blink:

This actually happened to me, although it was my cousins, and they actually touched....

Lil brats tore into my room and started demolishing my models. Oops, there goes the Suzuki Katana... dang, there went the shuttle and the launch tower... hold on, did he just crush my LEGO collection? on and on... and all the while the parents are saying "oh you're too old for toys anyway, why not just give it to them?"

Total Body Count: F-91 (beam saber snapped, shield cracked), smaller F-91 (totally dismantled), Suzuki Katana, Honda dirt bike, F-14 (nose cone and gear snapped off, missiles removed), shuttle and launch tower crunched, LEGOs reduced to basic building blocks, etc..

The LEGOs weren't TOO bad, since I could always put them together. The models were irreplaceable. Nowadays, I got a display shelf with a glass door that is padlocked shut. I'm so happy that I hadn't gotten into Warhammer back then... would have pulled out the switch if they destroyed my Tau army.

First thing I say, they are not toys, they are collectibles and are very expensive, so don't touch them... :angry:

Saying it with my mean face.

Just a second guys, the kid is screwed up, but he didn't get that way on his own. Hurin said that the Plumber (tough profession, I know a few personally) was trying to instill some sembance of decency into the kid, but was ignored. I would have made the kid wait in the truck (why did he bring a child with him to work?).

It seems that the child's mother is to blame, far too often I have witnessed a potentually great kid be ruined by lazy parenting.

This is funny thread.

It starts out by Hurin giving an obnoxious kid a toy and a DVD set and it turns into a thread of how Hurin should have slapped that little boy. :lol::lol::lol:

Somtimes, the posts just give me the laugh for the day.... :lol::lol:

When I got my animeigo macross set.Instead of giving away used my old robotech dvds,I just used them as a substitute for clay pegions, on the shooting range, by my old job.It was one of the most joyiest moments of my life.

Wow! Great minds think alike! I did the same thing, only it took me longer to do so because I had actually forgot where in the basement I had put them. Just like the copies of Dangaioh (Manga's butchered version), Ninja Ressurection, and The Sentinels I had. They sure do look purty when bullets hit them.

Oh no, that song from the movie Top Secret is popping into my head again! "Skeet Surfin', Skeet Surfin'"...

By the way, if some kid asked me for all of my Gunbuster stuff and other anime collectibles, I'd shove a pike up his --- and watch as he slid down it suffering a slow, agonizing death. Then again, maybe I'd just bitch slap him.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Is it only me and DNA that wants to...bitch slap him?

Id bitch slap him...with his own hand

-Jin

Well, not really bitch slap him. You bust him in the lip. He asks to have something, you reply by busting him in the lip. He poos in your bathroom, you bust him in the lip. He starts to cry, you bust him in the lip again. Then, just to remind him who's in charge, you bust him in the lip later out of the blue for no good reason.

I call for any kind of maintainance/repairs, and if anyone shows up with a kid, they're fired. They're not even gettin' in the front door.

Hopefully, you won't have to see the kid again.

Actually, (and I don't mean this sadistically) I hope that you do get to see this kid again. It will be either very good or very bad...

Option 1: The Good

"So, did you have a good time watching those DVDs I gave you?"

"Oh yeah! It was SuperUltraMegaCoolness! Can you tell me about how the planes transform and about the aliens?"

*big grin before storytime*

Option 2: The Bad

"So, did you have a good time watching those DVDs I gave you?"

"Huh?"

*big grin before beatdowntime*

:angry::angry::angry:

i still can not believe you gave the little prick your stuff, if he came in my house with that attitude i would bitch slapped him as well, (so you are not the only one Jin_Kune_Do), you should have kept the stuff and sold it on ebay or somewhere and used the money to buy anime or other Macross stuff you wanted, if he was young and politely asked about my toys because he showed intrest i may have given him a spare toy i had lying around , but never with such a attitude, just wondering if i go over right now and show some attitide can i have some of your 1/48'S? :p i mean come on if you caved to a little brat like that, you really would not have much choice with a 29 year older with a leather jacket :lol::lol: might be a great way to finish off my collection :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i still can not believe you gave the little prick your stuff, if he came in my house with that attitude i would bitch slapped him as well, (so you are not the only one Jin_Kune_Do), you should have kept the stuff and sold it on ebay or somewhere and used the money to buy anime or other Macross stuff you wanted,  if he was young and politely asked about my toys because he showed intrest i may have given him a spare toy i had lying around , but never with such a attitude, just wondering if i go over right now and show some attitide can i have some of your 1/48'S? :p  i mean come on if you caved to a little brat like that, you really would not have much choice with a 29 year older  with a leather jacket :lol:  :lol:  might be a great way to finish off my collection :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

LOL :lol:

I too think that a kid with such attitude should not be rewarded in anyway at all! Be it Robotech or not. Imagine how much more appreciation they would get if they fall into the hands of a nice but poor kid who might have watched a couple episodes before, but was too poor to have his parents get him one of those. Even the super poseable are pretty cool! Reminded me of my neighbor's kid. My neighbor doesn't even say hi when he sees me and looked at me funny when I said hi to him. <_< But his kid one day came over to my garage when I was working on my car. He saw all the MG Gundams and some Eva model kits boxes piled up on the shelves and right away, he asked if he can have them. <_< And this was the first time this kid talked to me. He then saw my razor scooter in the garage and ask me if he can have that too. :lol: He might as well ask me to give him my $18000 car! LOL. Didn't give him anything of course, except a short ride on my scooter.

On the other hand, one of my co-worker's 10 year old son often came to work with her when he was off school. He liked to hang out with me and ask me questions of Final Fantasy, anime, toys, Gundams, Dragonballs...etc. (This is before they aired anything on cartoon network). He asked me a lot of things, and asked me to show him stuff sometimes, but he never asked me if he could keep them. In that case, I voluntarily drove him to local Japanese toy stores that no one he knew had heard of, and even bought him a 8" Bandai God Gundam action figure to brag about in front of his peers, when Gundam was still an unknown series to the U.S. kids. Now THAT makes me feel good about giving away stuff, yet help make a nice kid happy at the same time.

I guess more and more parents failed to teach kids manners, as they are just as bad themselves if not worse. As for those parents giving lame excuses if their kids raid my place and break my toys, I would literally yell at them to GET OUT OF MY HOUSE. Yes, the parents included. I don't care if its my aunt or what not. If you don't respect me, I wouldn't need to respect you. If they sincerely apologize, then thats a different story. "You are too old to play with your toys anyway...". "What kind of parents ARE YOU?!....Now get out. NOW!!!" would be my reply. :angry:

Guys, you really all need to chill. I wrote this out because of the sheer absurdity of the situation. I thought it was funny. I gave him a freakin' Super-Poseable ($5. . . please note I was practically giving them away in the For Sale section and nobody wanted them). . . and some DVDs that I was never going to watch again.

I'm not this kid's parent. And I really don't think my actions are going to make that child either better or worse.

Really, this was all meant to be funny. But listening to the violent tendencies (especially towards kids!) could be read as being more disturbing than me rewarding a spoiled kid. If I were to take this thread too seriously. :p

H

P.S. The plumber was only there to inspect the problem yesterday. He fixed the problem today and my neighbor reports that there was no kid present.

I dunno man, like I mentioned in an earlier post, my neighbor's kids behaved exactly like the one you had the misfortune to deal with (except they didn't pull that No. 2 crap at my house) and I did not think it was funny at all.

It's more like a reflection of the sad state of affairs in parenting as far as our society is concerned. People spoil their kids silly and don't even dare to punish them nowadays. These days all it take is an accusation of child abuse and the parent goes to jail. You get a posse of social workers in your face and you are presumed guilty until proven innocent.

People are also spending more time at work than at home raising kids properly. I wouldn't be surprised if this kid turns to drugs eventually. My gardener's grandson turned out like that because the kid's mom raised him with "positive reinforcement" and kept telling him how he's her "macho man" and can "never do wrong". The kid got busted and violated parole when he was caught stealing booze, now he's in a private "correctional facility" up in Utah and can only talk to his parents for an hour a week.

All this entitlement mentality comes from the parents' failure to instill proper values at an early age. Instead of teaching their kids "if you want something, you have to work hard to earn it, sweat, blood, tears and all" they reward kids with stuff just to get the kids off their back so they can go work some more and buy more useless crap for their kids so they will continue to think they deserve it all.

I agree with everything you just said. . . except for that I never intended this thread to take such a serious turn.

The kid was an brat. But I'm a sucker, and he got a toy. I expected him to be grateful, but he wasn't. I then gave him the DVDs. He still didn't change much. So I gave up on him. I'll never see him again. Case closed.

Yes, there are many bad parents. But I'm not going to feel guilty about introducing anyone to anime. :)

H

But I'm not going to feel guilty about introducing anyone to anime.

:p you should feel guilty how do you expect him to turn onto to anime with something like robotech and not somehting cool like Macross or Gundam :lol::lol: just kidding, actually we understood your intentions, what we just cannot believe how rude he was even after you gave him stuff, i would have never tolerated that from a kid. do not take the violent reactions of the other M'worlders to seriously i am sure at some point even you wanted to smack the little bugger :p

Edited by zeo-mare

do not take the violent reactions of the other M'worlders to seriously i am sure at some point even you wanted to smack the little bugger :p

You know, seriously, I think more than half these guys are all talk. "Take them back?" Sure. . . just reach down and say: "Screw you kid. You get nothing!" Right in front of his dad. Speaking of his dad. . .

Yell at the plumber to get the f' out in front of the landlord who always uses him and is paying the bill? Sure.

Smack the kid? Right.

You guys are too funny. Real tough guys. :D

H

Edited by Hurin

hey hey hey! i'm not on trial here, if i post in an safe internet chat that i'm willing to beat up children and go toe to toe with a big ass plumber, then you have to assume i'm being truthful about my personality !!!

:D:lol:;)

Is it only me and DNA that wants to...bitch slap him?

Id bitch slap him...with his own hand

-Jin

you know I wouldn't just straight out bitch slap him, I'd be polite about it and ask him, " hey kid, what did the five fingers say to the face?"

SLAP!!!!

:p:D:lol:

Thats why you need "$5 bootlegs" lying around for such and occasion.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Eventhough it's a bootleg, it still transforms! So that kid wouldn't know the difference between the bootleg with the 1/48. I had a bunch of these lying around, but fortunate for me there are no kids that come in to my room or else I'd backhand em all! :p:D:lol: