Macross TV Episode 10

Oihan

....Right when Max tells Kai...(I can't remember how to spell his name for the likes of me) to fire missiles into the hole to create an opening...the hole is obviously big enough to send Bretai through, so I don't see how one of them could have picked up Misa and each of them could have flown through the hole "Ben" made.

....Right when Max tells Kai...(I can't remember how to spell his name for the likes of me) to fire missiles into the hole to create an opening...the hole is obviously big enough to send Bretai through, so I don't see how one of them could have picked up Misa and each of them could have flown through the hole "Ben" made.

Thats always been a WTF scene. They even start cutting another hole with head lasers. Doesn't Max actually get sucked out of said hole?

IIRC in the TV series, hull breaches on Zentradi ships are quickly sealed by armor plates which automatically slide into position when a breach is detected. I think the same is true of the SDF-1 as well.

I've always imagined Zentradi ships to have an inner and outer hull, a bit like modern submarines, with a number of emergency hull breach cover plates located between the two hulls.

Obviously there must be a finite number of breach plates available and it may take a few seconds or minutes for the nearest plate to travel to the location of the breach, which could explain why sometimes a breach is sealed almost at once, but other times it takes longer.

Graham

As I recall, they did have the chance of escaping, however Misa insisted they first jammed the ship sensor/communication system first (the Macross went blind earlier). Maybe Max cutting a hole with his valk laser head is to hotwire some circuit to do some internal system damage.

And then again, if they didn`t escape, they would never had a chance to introduce direct culture shock to Bodolza :D

I have another question, it doesn't pretain to episode 10 but to Macross in general. Why aren't the Prometheus and Daedalus aren't seen in Macross Plus and etc.? Is it because they're going based of the DYRL designs?

I'm pretty sure that the Prometheus and Deadalus are in Macross Plus; they are, of course, half-way underwater and there aren't a lot of good shots of the fortress... but its just that there's so many suspension wires attached to the Macross that you can't really make-out where the fortress ends and the city begins! :lol:

I have another question, it doesn't pretain to episode 10 but to Macross in general. Why aren't the Prometheus and Daedalus aren't seen in Macross Plus and etc.? Is it because they're going based of the DYRL designs?

Both were all but destroyed in the final episode.

When the Macross was later restored, they were replaced by ARMD carriers.

The Daedelus arm was destroyed by Kamjin's ramming attempt in the last episode, don't think the Prometheus was though. But considering the overall mass of the ship was increased with the refit, as well as a minor asthetic redesign, it makes more sense to add new ARMD carriers than to rebuild two ships that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

The Daedelus arm was destroyed by Kamjin's ramming attempt in the last episode, don't think the Prometheus was though...

What would have been interesting would be if they decided to replace the destroyed Daedelus cruiser with an ARMD vessel and leave/restore the Prometheus! Totally blows the symmetry of the ship, though, but it would like, you know, give the tourists a trip down memory lane, old-meets-new technology kind of stuff.

It's a fair assumption that the remains of the Daedelus and Prometheus were probably salvaged and melted down to scrap metal for other projects. It seems anti-progressive to leave either of the supercarriers dead and trashed in the water. Then again, who knows? That has to be one deep lake to keep the Macross supported. I suppose they could be down there somewhere.

It's a fair assumption that the remains of the Daedelus and Prometheus were probably salvaged and melted down to scrap metal for other projects. It seems anti-progressive to leave either of the supercarriers dead and trashed in the water. Then again, who knows? That has to be one deep lake to keep the Macross supported. I suppose they could be down there somewhere.

Well, I think the "lake" was originally the barrel of the Grand Cannon, right?

So, yeah, it's pretty darn deep.

i've never understood why the armd carriers were attached to the SDF at all.

the prometheus and daedelus kinda made sence since they were big resourses, and couldn't move under their own power in space.

but why have the space carriers attached when they could just fly next to the macross? seems weird, like the creators just desperately want macross to have human shape (pet peeve)

any GOOD reasons they are attached?

Yeah, there's a big reason for the ARMD carriers.

That's where a large bulk of the VF-1's were stored. No ARMD's = not nearly as many valks.

Edited by Anubis

The question is, why attach them physically to the SDF-1? They might as well just hang out near it.

Several ideas here:

1) SDF-1 is faster than the ARMD's.

2) SDF-1 has fold, ARMD's don't.

3) SDF-1 has pinpoint and/or omnidirectional barrier, ARMD's don't. (Except that, in the series at least, the barriers aren't developed until after it's already shown that the ARMD's are designed to dock with SDF-1.)

The question is, why attach them physically to the SDF-1? They might as well just hang out near it.

Several ideas here:

1) SDF-1 is faster than the ARMD's.

2) SDF-1 has fold, ARMD's don't.

3) SDF-1 has pinpoint and/or omnidirectional barrier, ARMD's don't. (Except that, in the series at least, the barriers aren't developed until after it's already shown that the ARMD's are designed to dock with SDF-1.)

Also:

Zjentohlauedy had no problem destroying any and all other UN Spacy ships, but didn't seem to want to directly hit the Macross... Therefore attaching other ships to the Macross ensnares them in the mystique and fear that the Zjentohlauedy have.

Considering the Macross has an overtech nuclear reaction furnace to run on, the question is do the ARMD carriers run on some kind of conventional fuel system, or perhaps an inferior reactor? It may save them on fuel/energy to dock. It may also just be a protection thing. While they did have a large mecha compliment, they didn't seem to do all that well defensively against the Zentradi.

Wait a minute, what the hell are we discussing this for? The ARMD carriers/Dadedelus & Prometheus were there so the Macross could transform into a giant robot & look cool with arms damnit! How can it punch through hull's if it doesn't have any arms! No other reason needed :)

Edited by Keith