How about a custom MacrossWorld paint scheme?

Majestic

I was looking through the various awesome customs in all scales and wondered about the idea of a MW decal and/or paint scheme. I recall a since-aborted scheme to get Yamato to make a limited run of customs, but of course this won’t happen.

I personally would love to see a MW custom dedicated to this awesome site in any of the scales (preferably the 1/48), and I know we’ve got significant design and printing talent here as well.

Has this notion been explored before?

*Virtual moderators please forgive me for not running a detailed search on the entire internet first, a thousand pardons for posting a new topic on the subject. May the Froating Head strike me down for my insolence.

Interesting that you should bring this up. I have slowly been buying several VF-2SS models kits, 1 for stock, and one for a custom MacrossWorld scheme. I will be basing my paint scheme on a scheme that one of our fellow MWers did about a year ago. I could not find my old PMs with this member, but would like to credit him for the basic color layout. As I don't remember who this was, I would appreciate it if they would make a post here, to jog my memory.

Other than that, I have seen no actual MW paint schemes on either models or toys.

Great! I look forward to seeing that finished.

I vaguely rememeber a custom paint scheme as well, a two-tone blue and white with the MacrossWorld symbols on the tail/wings.

Would be cool to have submissions and vote on one or more MW official schemes.

I think it was Crazy Canuck that had a website with a Custom MW scheme. There was also other canon schemes (that he said weren't true canon but close enough) and a few other custom schemes including a James Bond one.

Any of the older members have a link to the site?

Here is a VF-4 with the MW scheme (had to resize). I don't recall who did this originally. If I could get into the old boards, there is another color scheme thread that had a VF-1 in all modes with the MW scheme:

post-4-1088274793_thumb.jpg

Edited by Capt Hungry

Custom MW color scheme...... That really brings me back... I remeber for a while there Shawn was going to have a contest to decide the "official" MW color scheme and there was even hope that if enough people were interested there could have been a 1/60 MW custom from Yamato. Can't remeber what the minimum order was, but if I recall, it was quite a lot. Anyhoo, yes I was the one that came up with that blue and white MW scheme. I actually did it in an attempt to get people interested in the idea of the contest, but it never caught on, so by default my scheme has kind become the un-official MW scheme. Kinda cool some of the old-timers around here still remember it. I wish I could post it, but all my color scheme stuff is on my iMac which is clear across the country. One of these days I'll get it shipped out here and as soon as I fine someone to host them I'll get them posted again.

That VF-1 scheme looks great too! I like the alternative chest striping. The addition of some subtle black in there complements it well.

I'm finishing up a 1/55 custom, maybe that scheme can be my next effort. If only 1/48 were a little more affordable, and my painting skills were a bit better...

The recent VF-OD in Dengeki Hobby has a similar blue/white scheme:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=9010

That would be awesome..! :o

Here is the scheme that I can fianlly start, now that I have enough kits for my custom.

Crazy Canuck, was this originally yours, or TWDC's?

post-4-1088395436_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jedi Knight

Ya that's mine too... Back when I first came up with my MW scheme I was going to try it on all kinds of diffrent valks, but kinda got bored and never got past the VF2-SS, in fact I never really finish as it lacks decals and uber cool fastpacks.

But I'm glad it's going to be put to good use... Can't wait to see your custom when it's done.

Of course, my custom will have the all the fast pasks.

CC - way back when you did this scheme, I PM'd you a special request for a full-armor version with all the packs in place,, and you had it done for me the next day. I still have it, but didn't post it because the armor covers alot of the fighter, and hides most of the color scheme.

Of course, my custom will have the all the fast pasks.

CC - way back when you did this scheme, I PM'd you a special request for a full-armor version with all the packs in place,, and you had it done for me the next day. I still have it, but didn't post it because the armor covers alot of the fighter, and hides most of the color scheme.

Really!?!? :huh: Hmmm, Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall just doing a rough color of it, no decals or black and white details... But then again I did forget I did the FPs at all, so maybe I did more than just the color. It's all a blur... Last time I do color schemes all liquored up :D

Here is the scheme that I can fianlly start, now that I have enough kits for my custom.

Crazy Canuck, was this originally yours, or TWDC's?

VF_2SS__MW_01_.jpeg

Woooooow! Bad-ass! :o:D