Lookie what I found

Armor

looks like you got the version that shoots missles. Too bad it's missing the missles and the other arm piece. Nice find! :p:D:lol:

Can we see the Ride Armor in Bike Mode?  B))

I can't change the armor to the bike. The whole back seat is broken off. :(

Ouch! So you can only permanently pose that toy then. I'm surprised the bike can still stay up on the back of the figure. From what I had before, the seat was broken too and I had a hard time with it staying on the back of the figure. <_< but eventually I got it all fixed. :p:D:lol:

Yeah dude, I had two of them first one. I broke the seat. I took it back to the toy store and got another one. That one broke two. But I didn't take it back because I realize I was causing it to brake. :unsure:

I remember very clearly seeing this toy in a department store when I was very small and asking my mom to buy it for me - she flat out refused. Poor me. :(

I aksed for one for christmas.

Due to my poor communication skills at the time, I wound up with a "Alpha". The little one with removable wings, too.

Congrats, man!

I found mine boxed at the San Diego Con a few years back. This one looks somewhat different. Are there more than one version?

Mine can't fire missiles tho' the firing system is apparently there. I thought it was broken or something, now I'm beginning to think that I get the Non-firing-missiles version.

Besides it seems faded by the sun. Does anyone knows how to fix this? 'cause I'm very proud of this toy B))

Ya, the two I have don't have that dark visor? Is that a different version.

I'm suprised that none of the regular smart-asses here have made the common, "That's not a Macross Toy" complaint yet. :D

Awesome find man!

Edited by bluecyclone

Ya, the two I have don't have that dark visor? Is that a different version.

I'm suprised that none of the regular smart-asses here have made the common, "That's not a Macross Toy" complaint yet. :D

Awesome find man!

I guess a mod made the move first... :lol::lol::lol:

As for the shooting missles. Only the Japanese Gakeen cyclones came with the firing missle. The US versions (one with Robotech title on the box and another one that has Hensin Robo on the boxes were made with missles glued in the arm canons (I think that is what it is call). This is same with three diff. versions (Boxes) of Gakken Mospeada legioss. Gakeen Japanese bersion were included with gunpod and missles that can be shot. Two US version were not included with missles.

As for the colored visor, I seen owners color them with that color. However, since the member stated that he has found it after having the item store for long time in the attic or somewhere, who knows.....

Wow. After all these years, that toy still looks like it rocks. Well-designed.

When the heck are they going to re-release this thing? (And I ain't talkin' Toynami)

I suppose it'll happen when the now defunct toy company Gakken rises from the dead.

'Til then, I'd buy an original on eBay or hope for the best with Toynami.

As for the shooting missles. Only the Japanese Gakeen cyclones came with the firing missle. The US versions (one with Robotech title on the box and another one that has Hensin Robo on the boxes were made with missles glued in the arm canons (I think that is what it is call). This is same with three diff. versions (Boxes) of Gakken Mospeada legioss. Gakeen Japanese bersion were included with gunpod and missles that can be shot. Two US version were not included with missles.

Oh, I see. I get the Hensin Robo one. Still rocks.

Does anybody knows how to fix the faded color thing? :huh:

Oh, I see. I get the Hensin Robo one. Still rocks.

Does anybody knows how to fix the faded color thing? :huh:

sorry man, that faded thing is permanent. Unless you can repaint that sucker. That's the only solution I have other than buying a new one. :p:D:lol:

The visor thing is definitly a custom. None of the cyclones came with the visors painted. I guess they want us to see that ugly face inside. :p:D:lol:

Yeah , I colored the visor. That was the first thing I did when I bought him back in the 80s. I took apart the missle laucher to actually play with the missles. They never shot out. I use to play with that thing alot. I didn't have anything to scale so he fought all of my other toys. I think he would battle my ATAT alot. Oh yeah he would battle my Gakken Alpha all the time. Jeeze, I feel like having a battle now. <_<

The visor thing is definitly a custom. None of the cyclones came with the visors painted. I guess they want us to see that ugly face inside. :p:D:lol:

I never minded the face... so I never tried to custom the visor...

But nothing's creepier than when people try to paint the eyes on the Stick head... uber weird.