For hardcore video game fans only!

Doesn't worth it IMHO. Not even close. We are talking about mostly old videogame hardware that doesn't worth much nowadays, not some vintage gokin toys that has a huge collector market. There are some very rare pieces, which is very impressive. But if I have $100,000 to spend, I'll go for a down payment on a house, and be very content with the PS2, GBA, SNES, NES...I already own. Interesting auction nonetheless.

Doesn't worth it IMHO. Not even close. We are talking about mostly old videogame hardware that doesn't worth much nowadays, not some vintage gokin toys that has a huge collector market.

*chuckle*

*snort*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes*

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a HUGE collector's market for vintage games. I direct you to digitpress.com and atariage.com for examples.

Digitpress is fun, as they have a rarity guide. With reasonable prices.

For the record, my personal target item is a Vectrex 3D Imager. A loose one(no box, no manual, maybe not even cart and color wheel) is worth about 275$.

And while it's about the crowning glory of a Vectrex collection(only a japanese Vectrex can take you higher without hitting prototypes( like the one known color Vectrex)), that's CHEAP when you start looking around at what some stuff goes for.

How high can we go?

The M2 dev unit in that auction sticks out. The system was never released, and most of the dev units were lost or destroyed. The only other one I know of went for TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Now please don't disparage the gaming collector's market further. At least not untill you know at least what a Heavy Sixer, a Woody, and a Vader refer to. Hint: a more modern equivalent would be referring to the front-loading NES as a "Toaster".

People DO collect more things than die-cast toys. And they do so as rabidly as with any other market.

Edited by JB0

Aww, the auction ended. I would have liked to see that.

Why would it be yanked by ebay? Illegal or something?

Well, one of eBay's rules is no dev kits, if I recall. I suspect Nintendo started throwing a hissy fit.

This IS the same company that sued because lik-sang sodl them GBA flash carts for their dev teams to use(a case that still hasn't been settled).

PC-Engine(AKA the mother console of 2D shooters) I loved that little console, till now it has exclusive titles and anime title like Dracula-X, City Hunter and Future Boy Conan. Between 88-89 it knocked 8-Bit Famicom out of the No.1 spot . To bad it was only loved in Japan and Asia :(

NEC/Hudson should consider releasing a retro back.

I WANT A PC ENGINE SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!! BUAAAAA!

I have Street Fighter here just begging to be played.

I'm actually gutting a Turbo Grafix 16 just to get the card socket so I can make an adapter. But the PCE is so darn tiny and CUTE. I want one..

Any trades, I got lots of xbox systems ^_^