Samurai Champloo

I just watched eps 1 and 2 today but have 1-12 downloaded. I like what I am seeing so far. The animation is tight and I love the style. My only complaint would be that there doesn't seem to be a solid story - mostly just random action. Then again, I only watched 2 eps.

daishi3500 - Get off Kazaa and use bittorrents. There are plenty of sights where you can find torrents for anime and well, everything. PM me if you want more info.

For as utterly worthless as Kazaa is these days I'm amazed how many people still use it. One only has to search a little bit to find alternatives that are soooooo much better.

As for episode 12, since it's just a recap I may not even bother downloading it and just watch it next year when I have the DVDs.

• 2 weeks later...

oh right!! I the bootlegs are finally out! I didn't pick it up yet as I want to get the rest of them when they all come out. I hate waiting for the next episode! :p:D:lol:

oh right!! I the bootlegs are finally out! I didn't pick it up yet as I want to get the rest of them when they all come out. I hate waiting for the next episode! :p:D:lol:

Indeed, I am already eagerly anticipating the inevitable 3-disc "Perfect Collection" boot of the entire series. B))

And I hate to keep repeating myself, but...TOYS NOW!!!!! :ph34r::p

BTW. Does anyone know what's the new song played in Episode 12's ending credits?

there's a new song? i thought it was the same old song :blink:

Well. I've only listend to ONE Samurai Champloo soundtrack and that song wasn't on it. But as far as I can tell it's a brand new song.

(There were only two tracks with vocals on that OST. Battlecry and Shinki No Uta.)

• 2 weeks later...
Champloo fans: I just heard that the show got canceled in Japan because of poor ratings. :( I think the last episode made was 18. Oh well, I guess I will have a little more time to watch other shows.

Cancelled of TV to cable or cancelled for good?

I hope this is just in regards to what we talked about before. I really don't understand how Champloo could do poorly enough to get completely cancelled when there are hundreds of complete sh!t series out there that were allowed a full run.

Champloo is the only new anime (along with GIT:SAC I suppose) I've gotten into at all in the last couple years. If it really did get canned I'd pretty much lose faith in anime completely.

I don't know, a buddy of mine who surfs irc all day at work told me this. He is more in the know than I am so I took his word for it. Hopefully, he was mistaken and the shows will continue on cable. I guess the only way to tell is if an episode 19 becomes available.

Baka only lhas up to 13 as well, so I think it's safe to assume 14 isn't done yet. Now, where did I put my patience... :p

it's out...it came out a week or 2 ago...

just search for samurai champloo and you'll see it with-in all the episodes listed

**SPOILERS**

it's a 3 part...not 2

Just saw Eps 15. O M G!!! :lol: Too true and too funny! If you stopped watching the show, you got to get to this point. It was so good, you'd think Arnold whould show up sometime. Since #13, it's just been getting better and better! :)

SPOILER:

It is just me, or is it soo funny that Mugen still hasn't gotten any? Man does that boy's penis get him into trouble. :rolleyes:

And I really want to make a flash avatar with Chunck Fuu walking down the street Can anyone help me?

• 2 weeks later...

It's official -- Samurai Champloo is off the airwaves. Episode 17 was the "final" one. Of course it would get bad ratings if it's on at ungodly hours of the early morning and a different time every week, not that they even showed it EVERY week... Stupid TV stations.

They never made it to Nagasaki, so I suppose it will continue over on the digital or satellite networks.

Nice ending, though. "To be (or not to be) continued...". ;)

It's official -- Samurai Champloo is off the airwaves.  Episode 17 was the "final" one.  Of course it would get bad ratings if it's on at ungodly hours of the early morning and a different time every week, not that they even showed it EVERY week...  Stupid TV stations.

They never made it to Nagasaki, so I suppose it will continue over on the digital or satellite networks.

Nice ending, though.  "To be (or not to be) continued...".  ;)

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

As Luke Skywalker would say, "That's not true! That's impossible!"

What're they doing?!?!?

I don't understand, I've never even heard of an anime getting cancelled before it's full run. That's it then. I've lost my faith in new anime. After this I'm going to be afraid to start watching ANY new series for fear of getting cancelled before the story is complete.

No samurai who smells like sunflowers. :(