Samurai Champloo

i never even heard of this anime until like 2 days ago when one of my friends busted out some DVD's.  first thing to come to mind was "where the heck do they sell these?".  :p

so i guess that means theres nothing official then?  nobody has a license or anything?  i hope some company(a good one) picks it up.

Pioneer/Geneon is slowly releasing the series on DVD. Volume 1 with first 4 episodes is out now, volume 2 is due out at the end of March.

just saw the raw of the last episode...it was done with all the action you'd expect from champloo...hopefully the fansubbers can finish the last couple episodes so at us non-native japanese speakers can understand what the heck is going on :rolleyes:

Hmmm,

I skimmed over some of the posts here since it seems they mention the ending. But yes, when I first read about the series, the mix of SAMURAI and HIP HOP and that the makers of COWBOY BEBOP did it, got my attention. I was lucky to pick up the set of 1st dvd and soundtrack at best buy awhile back. i can't wait for vol 2 to come out March 29th.

:)

Edited by sktchrtst2002

well...episode 25 is finally fansubbed...not by AF-F...since they're taking forever  :lol:  :lol:  :p

The finally released #23 today.

BASEBALL! B))B))B))B))B))B))

yeah....and shinsen subbed the last episode :( i'm not going to downloadit just yet since i'm in the process of reformating my computer <_< well i guess i'm gonna go now :( wish me luck <_<

It's time for the beginning of the end of Samurai Champloo. :(

AF-F just released #24.

...ugh, the rest of us got all the eps. subed; LOOK HARDER!!! ;)

But I'm glad that it did have a decent ending. I was getting worried there, but part of me hoped they were going to tack on 9 more eps. like Macross.

It's time for the beginning of the end of Samurai Champloo.  :(

AF-F just released #24.

...ugh, the rest of us got all the eps. subed; LOOK HARDER!!! ;)

But I'm glad that it did have a decent ending. I was getting worried there, but part of me hoped they were going to tack on 9 more eps. like Macross.

I only want AF-F's version.

I'll pass on the Shinsen version (even though it's up to #26). :(

AF-F just released Episode #25.

ONE MORE TO GO TILL THE END OF SAMURAI CHAMPLOO!

:(  :D  :(  :D  :(

The last one was actually released a while ago. Last week I downloaded all of them up to the end in one go, but I have only seen up to 20 or 21 so far... It's gotten really interesting, still trying to figure out who that blind girl is...

I guess the next time I will have time to watch them will be next month or so... Gaaaahh... :o

OK, let us refrain from putting up spoilers here -- if need be, please form another thread.

Edited by Renato

don't know if you guys care, but for those who actually are gonna buy the actual dvd's, volume 2 just came out!!! and damn it already sold out at best buys by my house!! I was there on thursday and they had 6 copies in. I came back on friday to find it all gone! :blink:

don't know if you guys care, but for those who actually are gonna buy the actual dvd's, volume 2 just came out!!! and damn it already sold out at best buys by my house!! I was there on thursday and they had 6 copies in. I came back on friday to find it all gone! :blink:

I'm assuming of course you mean the R1 releases. However, I think vol.2 came out quite a while ago..? I remember seeing it about a month ago. The R1 releases are much better than the Japanese ones because you actually get twice the content, at half the price. Plus you get that nifty collectors box thing.

don't know if you guys care, but for those who actually are gonna buy the actual dvd's, volume 2 just came out!!! and damn it already sold out at best buys by my house!! I was there on thursday and they had 6 copies in. I came back on friday to find it all gone!  :blink:

I'm assuming of course you mean the R1 releases. However, I think vol.2 came out quite a while ago..? I remember seeing it about a month ago. The R1 releases are much better than the Japanese ones because you actually get twice the content, at half the price. Plus you get that nifty collectors box thing.

yes, the R1 releases. I can't wait to finish off this whole set already. :p:D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Here we go fellow AF-F Champloo watching MW'ers.

The FINAL episode (#26) of Samurai Champloo has just been released.

The end of a GREAT series.

B))B))B))B))B))B))B))B))B))B))B))

:ph34r:

I haven't started with the 2nd season...but i guess this means all's well ends well. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw the end... Good stuff. :)

OK, if I have to pick between a Samurai Champloo movie Or a Macross Zero movie, it's gotta be Samploo every time.

Hopefully we'll get more, like the Cowboy Bebop movie, after a while. However, Watanabe says he's doing directing a live-action thing next. Also, Samploo isn't a Bandai Visual thing, which kind of makes me feel uneasy about any future prospects for the franchise...

I wish I hadn't ignored this thread. Accidentally caught an episode last night on Cartoon Network (there was some sort of ogre in it, and a one-handed guy). Now it's on my ReplayTV schedule.

Don't worry that was only the second episode, all you missed was Mugen and Jin joining up with Fuu. Also, mugen did happen to cut that one guys hand off in the first ep.

• 3 months later...
Figures!!  At last.  But they're not poseable....  :(

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/YUS%20Web/Pag...roduct_Page.htm

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/photos.php?gid=771

323596[/snapback]

SWEET.

But they REALLY need a set of 12 inch poseable figures.

I can't decide wich episode is my favorite. The one with the guy doing the beat box or the one where they uncover the counterfit money ring. What about you guys.

I can't decide wich episode is my favorite. The one with the guy doing the beat box or the one where they uncover the counterfit money ring.  What about you guys.

323737[/snapback]

I personally liked the 2nd part of the Mugen's hometown storyline. The song they played when he was drowning was beautiful. Anyone know the title?

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching the series,it was good except for ending, the ending made no sense, Jin said he found what he wa slooking for, comrades, and thenhe just leaves to be alone again, Mugen obviously started caring about Fuu since he threw down his sword to get her to safety and then he just up and leaves, and Fuu, for basicly the last 8 episodes leaidng up to the end she was hysterically crying at the very thought of either of them leaving, and then they all split up and shes happy. it was completely illogical, if their feelings were still the same as when they started their trip they would have no reaosn to stick together at the end but at the point they were at they obviously wanted to stick together and then theyre just liek whatever bye, i don't get that. that would be like a happily married couple getting a divorce for no reason, what thehell

Just finished watching the series,it was good except for ending, the ending made no sense, Jin said he found what he wa slooking for, comrades, and thenhe just leaves to be alone again, Mugen obviously started caring about Fuu since he threw down his sword to get her to safety and then he just up and leaves, and Fuu, for basicly the last 8 episodes leaidng up to the end she was hysterically crying at the very thought of either of them leaving, and then they all split up and shes happy. it was completely illogical, if their feelings were still the same as when they started their trip they would have no reaosn to stick together at the end but at the point they were at they obviously wanted to stick together and then theyre just liek whatever bye, i don't get that. that would be like a happily married couple getting a divorce for no reason, what thehell

337968[/snapback]

I thought Jin found that he could find purpose in defending the innocent selflessly, as opposed to being an assasin. At least that's what I got from the fansub, I could be wrong.

EDIT: I can't spell :(

Edited by Wes