Samurai Champloo

umm...i got a fan translation of the manga...if anyone wants it just give me a pm...

umm...i'll decline my offer if it's illegal ... :blink:

How can you decline your own offer? :lol:

As for the books, yeah, me too. Too bad they don't sell them on their own. And they double up as calendars, too. In fact, are they even "books"??

• 3 weeks later...

Any new news?

I hope they're releasing some figures soon.

EDIT: They released a High Defition torrent of the FIRST episode.

But remember. This ANIME won't be around FOREVER. ;)

Edited by UN Spacy

Any new news?

I hope they're releasing some figures soon.

EDIT: They released a High Defition torrent of the FIRST episode.

But remember. This ANIME won't be around FOREVER. ;)

i'm fine with the shitty res i have now :lol:

It's cool to see a high-def version released, but I think I'll wait for the DVDs so I can have a 'quality' viewing of the whole series. Of course that means I'll be waiting for a looooong time... <_<

I'd like to at least see some custom Champloo figures. Hell, even custom Kubricks would be nice to see. This series needs more love. B))

It's cool to see a high-def version released, but I think I'll wait for the DVDs so I can have a 'quality' viewing of the whole series. Of course that means I'll be waiting for a looooong time... <_<

I'd like to at least see some custom Champloo figures. Hell, even custom Kubricks would be nice to see. This series needs more love. B))

If you're in the US, I believe the first volume is supposed to be out in January.

It's cool to see a high-def version released, but I think I'll wait for the DVDs so I can have a 'quality' viewing of the whole series.  Of course that means I'll be waiting for a looooong time... <_<

I'd like to at least see some custom Champloo figures.  Hell, even custom Kubricks would be nice to see.  This series needs more love.  B))

If you're in the US, I believe the first volume is supposed to be out in January.

Good to hear! I hope nothing gets mucked up and keeps that from happening! :ph34r:

Edited by eriku

• 2 weeks later...

News -- the schedule for the second series (ep. 18 onwards) of Samploo has been decided... And it's satellite only.

It's now a Saturday morning 'toon.

Saturday 22nd January 10am, BS Fuji.

I knew it was too good to hope for a terrestrial broadcast. :(

News -- the schedule for the second series (ep. 18 onwards) of Samploo has been decided... And it's satellite only.

I knew it was too good to hope for a terrestrial broadcast. :(

What does this mean for those of us who watch the show via downloaded fansubs? Will less people in Japan be seeing the show, meaning i will take longer for the fansubs to come out? Or will it not seem much different on our side of the pond?

I knew it was too good to hope for a terrestrial broadcast.  :(

Old news.

New news, actually. The timeslots weren't released until a coule of days ago.

• 5 weeks later...

just one more month...just one more month...DAMMIT RELEASE THOSE EPISODES NOW!!! :(:( i needz my Champloo fix! :lol::D

btw...who's on the list of voice actors for the dub?

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

• 3 weeks later...
volume 1 of the DVD just dropped yesterday, I'm thinking of getting it since I'm currently without broadband and a computer.

really? where was it released? Will Best Buys have them already?

volume 1 of the DVD just dropped yesterday, I'm thinking of getting it since I'm currently without broadband and a computer.

really? where was it released? Will Best Buys have them already?

Yeah, Best Buy is selling right now. Check it out:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...78&type=product

Man....more money to spend.....oh well, it's worth it. It's time to go Best Buy. :D:p

Edited by JoLe727

well I just picked up the red boxset. It's pretty cool and comes with a big @$$ yellow bandana. I was hoping that the boxset would come with that soundtrack that the single dvd came with at best buys, but it didn't. :( Regardless this box looks cool.

it does, but the BestBuy I went to in Oxnard, CA sold out of the one with the box, I had to get the Volume 1 DVD and soundtrack combo, not bad though. After finally seeing this show, its good, I like it. Now I gotta wait till March for volume 2.

How long is the soundtrack? From watching the show, I was disapointed by it. While Kanno's quality is as good as ever, there was a distinct lack of quantity.

it does, but the BestBuy I went to in Oxnard, CA sold out of the one with the box, I had to get the Volume 1 DVD and soundtrack combo, not bad though.  After finally seeing this show, its good, I like it.  Now I gotta wait till March for volume 2.

How long is the soundtrack? From watching the show, I was disapointed by it. While Kanno's quality is as good as ever, there was a distinct lack of quantity.

Yes. Except, Yoko Kanno has nothing to do with the soundtrack. It's mostly done by Tsuchie, Force of Nature, Nujabes and Fat Jon.

it does, but the BestBuy I went to in Oxnard, CA sold out of the one with the box, I had to get the Volume 1 DVD and soundtrack combo, not bad though.  After finally seeing this show, its good, I like it.  Now I gotta wait till March for volume 2.

Yes. Except, Yoko Kanno has nothing to do with the soundtrack. It's mostly done by Tsuchie, Force of Nature, Nujabes and Fat Jon.

Yep, and if there isn't enough music for you on it, just buy some Nujabes and Fat Jon albums, their stuff that isn't on Champloo is just as good. Nujabes is a personal favorite of mine.

well it's the 21st here in the states...is it the 22nd in japan yet??!! :rolleyes: i'm expecting a raw as late as sunday over here :lol:

champloo withdrawls are killing me!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Tell me about it! I can't believe the time is almost upon us. Life is so much better when there's new Champloo. :lol:

btw...i'm finished downloading the raw for champloo...can't view it right now since i'm at my friend's and i jacked his computer for a while :ph34r: i'll go watch it when i get home :D

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love samurai champloo :ph34r:

There is a streaming video file you can watch of the entire 18th episode on the official homepage www.samuraichamploo.com.

Damn good episode, too, I might add. Features my second favourite song, Hiji Zuru Style.

Do you have the link?

There is a streaming video file you can watch of the entire 18th episode on the official homepage www.samuraichamploo.com.

Damn good episode, too, I might add.  Features my second favourite song, Hiji Zuru Style.

Do you have the link?

It's right there in his post. It's just not click-able.

Check it out. You get a "Flying Momo-san" paper craft with volume 6 of the DVDs.

According to the official website, though, there is no guarantee that it will actually "fly".

The Japanese STILL don't seem to have a clue about "extras".

Plus it looks to me more like one of the Varauta fighters than a squirrel... :wacko:

post-26-1106732802.jpg

Edited by Renato