Samurai Champloo

Watched 7 this afternoon and thought I'd give my thoughts. Where the last two were a bit more action-packed and fun, this one has a more somber tone and further develops Fuu's character. The group wins some money and is finally able to buy some food after three days, Fuu is in charge of the money and gets pickpocketed. The rest of the episode deals with the theif and how different people percieve him. It's really well written and will make you fall in love with Fuu (if you haven't already...).

I love how the group in this series is always after food, just like the Bebop crew. :D

Edited by eriku

• 3 weeks later...
i saw the 9th episode...they were making fun of those old school samurai movies  :lol:  :lol:

As the late Rick James would (sorta) say.

"Opium is a hell of a drug."

:lol::D

Edited by UN Spacy

so this anime is officially released here in the states or are you guys watching the fansubs or boots?

It just started recently in Japan and is only up to episode 6 so far. I'm guessing that, like me, everyone here has been watching the fansubs. I don't think any boots are available yet.

Anyone know if eps 5 and 6 are subbed yet? I keep finding raw versions...

well then I can't wait till this sucker comes out in the states!! I hope it'll be here when I finish up gungrave. :p:D:lol:

How long does a series typically take to hit the US market after it debuts in Japan? A year? I'll already have the inevitable 3-disc "Perfect Collection" complete series HK boot by the time it gets released on DVD here. And then I'll buy those, too. B))

true dat! I'm a patient guy, so I don't mind waiting. I still haven't seen Macross Zero yet because I want to buy it when it comes out here in the states! If it ever does come out. If not then I'll wait for some sort of boxset bootleg. :p:D:lol:

I've seen the episodes of Macross Zero but don't have the DVD's yet. Same plan here. Get the boxed set be it legit or boot. :)

Out of all of the Cyber fansubbers, who in your opinion has the best presentation? I've just saw just the opening credits of AnimeOne's version and I liked how they presented the credits and added their name on the vinyl that was spinning at the end. But I haven't seen an episode yet as it is still downloading.

Out of all of the Cyber fansubbers, who in your opinion has the best presentation? I've just saw just the opening credits of AnimeOne's version and I liked how they presented the credits and added their name on the vinyl that was spinning at the end. But I haven't seen an episode yet as it is still downloading.

You're kidding. You're the first person I've met who goes in for that kind of ego crap, other than the digisubbers themselves.

damn...that was a really good episode...i just hate the fact when you think the episode is done they leave you with a "to be continued" at the end...i'm too impatient...i don't like cliffhanger endings  :p  :lol:  :lol:

Same here. We're only on the tenth episode and there's already another cliffhanger ending.

How many cliffhangers (i.e. 2 part episodes) have they had? Two? Three? :lol:

Edited by UN Spacy

Not good news at all for the Champloo fans (courtesy of the Anime News Network):

posted on 2004-08-20 18:06:16

source: Anime Nation

Tactics TV series Premiere date set, Fuji TV Cancels Samurai Champloo

Broadcast.Japanese website Rakuga Kidou reports that Animate TV has announced that the first episode of Tactics TV will premiere on October 5th. The Tactics manga, by Sakura Kinoshita and Kazuko Higashiyama was serialized in Comic Blade and is licensed for release in North America by ADV Manga (first volume due on October 4th).

Meanwhile, the Haetana message board reports that Fuji TV will be dropping its broadcast of Samurai Champloo after it airs episode 17 on September 9th. The entire 26 episodes will be broadcast on BS Fuji (BS Digital Satellite) where it airs on Sunday nights at midnight. The cancellation of Samurai Champloo on Fuji TV has not yet been confirmed.

Volume 1 of Samurai Champloo goes on sale in Japan tomorrow (Saturday, August 21st).

Let's not forget that the same thing practically happened with Cowboy Bebop during its initial run. TV Tokyo only aired 13 of the 26 episodes (2, 3, 7-15, 18), while WOWOW aired the entire series.

Not only that, they severely edited the episodes they did show. TV Tokyo is notorious for being paranoid about what they show ever since Eva (they got a lot of complaints about that show).

Like Bebop, I think that Champloo is strong enough to stand up to a blow like this. If any anime series can roll with the punches it's this one. B))

Well, the news article says it's only been canceled on Fuji TV. It's still being aired in its entirety on another (probably satelite) network.

well...episode 12 is out...go check it out on a bittorrent site near you! B))  :lol:  :lol:  :p

and what bittorent site do you all speak of?

i don't think we're at liberty to say to be totally honest...one of us would have to PM you with a site :p

Is it just me or did i just watch two story arcs in a row where samurais save innocent women from life in a whore house? let's either skip the plots and just revel in more stylized silliness like episode one, or just throw in the towel and get all serious just like Bebop did in the final episodes (boooring!)

the best work Watanabe does is when his characters are roaming around with no money and no food and just grumbling about. more of that, please!