Samurai Champloo

in Champloo you need to expect the unexpected :lol:

how long is it until we see fuu's boobies :ph34r:

I think Fuu's boobies are somewhat unexpected, so I'll expect to see them before the series is over. :lol:

Did you guys really NEED to go there? So distasteful sometimes.

well...i do have a picture of fuu...but it's hentai...doesn't really show her boobies at all...just umm her bare back and the curve of her boobies...no nips ^_^

besides...i said the seein' fuu's boobies part as a joke :p no need to take what i said so seriously <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

well...i do have a picture of fuu...but it's hentai...doesn't really show her boobies at all...just umm her bare back and the curve of her boobies...no nips ^_^

besides...i said the seein' fuu's boobies part as a joke :p no need to take what i said so seriously <_<

I know it was a joke but a distasteful one. That was the point and nothing being taken seriously. I'd hope you'd joke that your mother's dumplings are as tasteful. :rolleyes:

(that last comment is directed at nobody in particular but ALL involved)

Edited by Jemstone

Just started watching this as a lot of people seem to think its pretty good, but to be honest so far I'm pretty underwhelmed.

I'm up to episode 5 so far and I'm just left feeling that this is a pretty average (i.e. forgettable) action comedy anime, with nothing really outstanding about it. What's the big deal, I don't get it?

Graham

Just started watching this as a lot of people seem to think its pretty good, but to be honest so far I'm pretty underwhelmed.

I'm up to episode 5 so far and I'm just left feeling that this is a pretty average (i.e. forgettable) action comedy anime, with nothing really outstanding about it. What's the big deal, I don't get it?

Graham

I guess it's just not your thing. :)

Graham

I guess it's just not your thing. :)

It's slow at this point, but it gets to the level of great awesomeness later on.

Graham

I thought that, until I saw episode 14. That and I love Edo culture anyway.

It certainly not up to Cowboy Bebop style of awesomeness, but it's getting there. I hope they do a movie later. I doubt they will get round to it in the near future, beacuse Watanabe is going into live-action, apparently...

I watched the first 8 episodes of Samurai Champloo last weekend. I've taken a while to put my thoughts together on the series, since it's both similar and different to anime I've previously seen. Overall, the series is good entertainment, but it has so far failed inspire me. I find myself enjoying Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex much more, particularly the subtext of that series.

Samurai Champloo seems to remind me much more of a serialized, north american television show if it was done by a talented japanese anime director. Not that there's anything wrong with episodic, north american television (yeah, I know I'm trying to be way more diplomatic than I really feel), but it's just not what I'm really looking for. I enjoy the different facets of Samurai Champloo, especially the entertaining characters, the use of hip hop music merged with a Feudal japanese period. I certainly can't complain about the animation, which is easily on a level with GITS: SAC and Cowboy Bebop. The strengths of the series just don't seem enough to make up for a lack of power within the series' storytelling.

I would be willing to see more Samurai Champloo and enjoy the series for it's moderate entertainment value, but I can already tell as I'm writing this, I'm just not going to put in as much effort to see further episodes as I did to view the first eight.

There was an article on this series in the 3rd issue of the UK's first mainstream anime/asian culture magazine. Hows that for permeation. :o

I'd like to see this but I'm not down with downloading licensed series, I'll wait a while and see if it gets announced for a UK release since a few more recent Geneon titles are finding their way over.

I saw 21 last weekend. I didnt know there was a thread. I actually saw the entire thing this weekend. After I saw the first eps. I couldn't stop. I don't really watch a lot of anime (compared to the people here) so to me this was pretty good. It reminds me a lot of my favorite manga Blade of the Immortal. The chick with the guitar is a lot like Makie in the manga.

• 3 weeks later...

Shinsen-Subsi sup to episode 23... but it was just another mess around episode...not really furthering the story a long...looks like samurai champloo is turning into macross zero in the sense that the story was slow to take off...hopefully the next 3 episodes are some kinda great finale in the making instead of more mess arounds <_<

QQ?

are there any samurai champloo toys or figures that are out yet? or ging to come out?

I sure hope so b/c I'd buy em in a second (IF they're nicely made with real clothing and tons of articulation). :D

QQ?

are there any samurai champloo toys or figures that are out yet? or ging to come out?

I sure hope so b/c I'd buy em in a second (IF they're nicely made with real clothing and tons of articulation). :D

i never even heard of this anime until like 2 days ago when one of my friends busted out some DVD's. first thing to come to mind was "where the heck do they sell these?". :p

so i guess that means theres nothing official then? nobody has a license or anything? i hope some company(a good one) picks it up.

QQ?

I just imagined Medicom incorporating Champloo into their 1/6 scale Stylish Collection, like the Lupin figures.

QQ?

I just imagined Medicom incorporating Champloo into their 1/6 scale Stylish Collection, like the Lupin figures.

yeah, that would be dope!! They did make the Spike figure for cowboy bebop, so they can make these figures too! :p:D:lol: