Q-Rau Bandai 1/144th

These are the finished pics of my Q-Rau. I did a brief build-up thread in the other model category. Overall, the model was not the best. I didn't spend a lot of time with this one. I scratch built a Milia head and did some custom leg decals, but that's about it. I used a few of the Bandai supplied decals (YES, I KNOW THEY ARE NOT CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL RED MILIA). The model was attacked by my 2 year old daughter, so you will notice some paint scrapes. Anyway... here are the pics.

Thanks guys. It really means alot to have some nice feedback. I've been so inspired by these boards, but I get really frustrated when my stuff doesn't turn out like wm cheng's (I know its an impossible comparison). Seriously, though, thanks again!

I'm on to my next project. I've already put most of the VF-22S together. I've masked the canopy (tinted with a little Tamiya Smoke color). In this picture, I've added the first base coat to the plane.

post-3-1086415085_thumb.jpg

That paint scheme looks great! You really nailed the red color.

You are turning into a prolific modeler and if you can do that with an old kit you should be proud.

Keep up the good work, we all enjoy seeing your examples.

Thanks for sharing!

Niiiice!! I like the way you painted it. You just glued the hatch or did something with the interiors??

I knew someone would ask this! I glued it shut. Lazy... I know. There would have had to be a TON of scratchbuilding to make the interior look somewhat nice. I just didn't have the time or patience.

Excellent work indeed LTSO!! I love the metallic sheen in the red. Thanks for sharing the photos - it really looks great. Have you thought about weathering the gun ports or rear thrusters a bit - just a bit of shading can bring out a lot. Can't wait to see your VF-22.

Yeah, scratch building the interior is tough, especially since the kit has a flat-bottomed cockpit - Milia has to be cut at the waist! :o I guess you can't have the hinged legs and a hole for her to stick her legs through too :p . I scratch built a cockpit for her in my high-school days for your kit - its pretty crappy, but I keep it around for sentimental reasons now.

Nice job on the Q-Rau, I also have this model and yours really came out well. I had a hard time on some pieces fitting, like the shoulder (noticed it on yours too). but it's a nice cheap little kit if you can still find it. It's too bad it's usually sold out.