The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury

Well....

seems that tie-ins of movies and animation is becoming more popular. First there was The Animatrix and then Clone Wars. Now there is The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury. Peter Chung (of Aeon Flux fame) is at the helm again and the designs look somewhat interesting. The story is about Riddick just after the events of Pitch Black.

Supposed to be coming out June 15th.

post-26-1086236589_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Hmm so far we have the following now.

Ptich Black

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay(Xbox)(prequel to Pitch Black and parts that are a sequel but before CoR)

Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury (sequel of Pitch Black but before the CoR movie)

Chronicles of Riddick (movie)

All I have to say is that Chronicles of Riddick better be pretty damn good if they are going all out like this. I think the game even got 9.3 from Gamespot. Haven't gone there to check yet to see if it was true. I do know I want to pick it up.

Penny Arcade even did a comic about the Riddick game, claiming it was really good. I'm still skeptical, but it is getting a lot of praise.

I really liked the trailer for CoR, but I've seen good trailers to horrible movies before (and awful trailers to great movies).

I must admit, I did like Pitch Black, it was a fun little movie that didn't fall into too many of the major traps such movies are prone to falling into. They didn't show too much of the monster, and they didn't cop out with a sappy-happy hollywood ending.

This whole Riddick franchise seemed to jump out of nowhere. He wasn't that important in Pitch Black, was he? I've only seen short snippets of that movie.

He was one of the two main characters. He was the anti-hero.

Based on the preview efisher provided, it does look interesting. I might wanna check it out. Btw, NERV can you provide a link to a preview of "van helsing: the london project" ?

I loved Aeon Flux so I will probably like this.

Did you like Reign: The Conqueror?

I never saw it. Should I?

Come to think of it, back in those days of Aeon, there was another MTV animated show about a big blue super hero and a hooker. What was that called?

I loved Aeon Flux so I will probably like this.

Did you like Reign: The Conqueror?

I never saw it. Should I?

Come to think of it, back in those days of Aeon, there was another MTV animated show about a big blue super hero and a hooker. What was that called?

The Maxx, great show, good comic book. Funny as hell to ;) Oh and his GF wasn't a hooker, she was a social worker who had a tendancy to dress like a hooker ;) Before watching be sure to dope up on crack, thats the only way its gonna make sense :lol:

Edited by GobotFool

Apparently Pitch Black was to be the first "Chronicles of Riddick" franchise. The problem was when they made it, they didn't have the budget to make anything else so having 1 chronicle didn't make a whole lot of sense them. The movie has been re-released on dvd as "The Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black" and there is more on the way than just the animation and the game in the near future. I personally hope it all does very well.

This info is from a buddy of mine who's a manager at Suncoast. He's never given me bad info on stuff like this, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Chewie