Max Q-rau preorder at HLJ

bandit29

I wonder how can Max see clearly without his glasses after being macromized.

Giant contact lenses :D

Or perhaps the macronization process corrects genetic defects.

Graham

Too bad it reverts when he becomes micronized again. :p

There is no open/glass type canopy or pilot visor on the Q-Rau (unlike the VF-1 in fighter mode). So I imagine the Q-Rau pilot looks thru a Overteched LCD screen inside the cockpit. If the screen is very close to the pilots eyes, near sighted pilots won't need glasses. Like how short-sighted people don't need their glasses when looking thru telescopes.

On another note. How do giant eyeballs on 50 ft humans work? Is minimum focal distance 5-10 cm away from the eye still or scaled up to 5-10 m away from the giant eyeball?

Was it specifically stated that Max was short-sighted? Or were those just plain blue shades?

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

• 1 month later...
On another note. How do giant eyeballs on 50 ft humans work? Is minimum focal distance 5-10 cm away from the eye still or scaled up to 5-10 m away from the giant eyeball?

Was it specifically stated that Max was short-sighted? Or were those just plain blue shades?

The Hory Froating Head says: "You need not concern yourself with these matters. Look yee again upon my valkyries!"

one minute hes piloting a valk, the all of the sudden hes super-sized and piloting a rau?  seems like a HUGE hole in the story IMO.

I seem to remember reading a translation somewhere of an interview with Kawamori (or one of the studio nue folks) that they wanted to do much more with the movie but had to leave a lot of stuff out.

Along with that riff, that's suppossedly where the Saturn DYRL "missing" footage ideas came from, where the Prometheus is destroyed on earth from an orbital attack only seconds after Skull Squadron launches off of it, and then the squadron has to engage enemy units that have invaded the city on a ground attack. None of it happened in the actual movie, but the story add-ins from this game are considered canon. I'm pretty sure that any gaps a fan might wonder about are also gaps that the creators are aware of, but probably had to leave them out because that's showbiz. I dunno how many DVD comentaries I've watched where the director had to cut several scenes he was very much in love with, just because budget or time constraints simply couldn't fit it in the movie. That's why they later release special edition director's cuts, the movie the way the director would have done it in the first place if he didn't have constraints.

They did the same thing with the Macross TV Series (left out a bunch of stuff they wanted to put in originially.)

Wouldn't it be awesome if instead of coming up with a new prequel or sequel, Studio Nue produced a never-before-seen "director's cut" version of the Series and Movie that had all new footage that filled in the gaps?

While I'm rubbing the genie lamp, I might as well add to that wish: wouldn't it be cool if Studio Nue redid the entire TV series animation with newer graphics while they were at it? (but kept the audio tracks the same, just redo the anime).

That would be my ULTIMATE MACROSS DREAM come true (besides owning a 1/1 valkyrie), better than any toy I could think of.

Sorry for OT. But on the subject of Max's Rau, which is only on screen for barely a few seconds here and there, (at least a little more than the elint), I wish someone would release the Orguss Valk too while they're at it.)

I wonder if they'll release generic purple CF Q-Rau's?

Edited by redemption

I just thought about this I know its stupid but what the hell :lol: It's kinda funny that max pilots a female meltran power suit instead of a male zentradi power armour. (dodge rocks :ph34r: )

From Rich

I know I know they did it just because it looks kwel

ANIME PUNCH!!!

MIKE TYSON IN THE EYE :angry:<_<:lol: thats what you get for bitting off my smile face ears

It's kinda funny that max pilots a female meltran power suit instead of a male zentradi power armour.

Actually, the q-rau itself to me doesn't look particularly "male" or "female;" looks generic enough that it wouldn't bug me if men or women pilot it.

What DOES look funny though is Max dressed up in Meltran Pilot's Suit, which DEFINITELY looks very femme. Gives me that funny feeling I got as a kid whenever I saw Bugs Bunny dress up as a woman.....ooops, sorry, TMI. lol :ph34r:

man is this getting OT

but anyway, seems the Max Q-rau is delayed till end of august

Once again Yamato fails to make a release date!!! <_<

The trend continues....

man is this getting OT

The trend continues....

I'm happy with that...

Slow down Yamato!!!

but keep them coming... :D

man is this getting OT

The trend continues....

I'm happy with that...

Slow down Yamato!!!

but keep them coming... :D

He liked it so much he wore Women's underwear in Mac7... but then again who wasn't wearing panties in Mac7...

'cept Millia... we all know what a commando she is...

:lol:

Any word on a separate Max figure that will fit in the pilot seat?

Seems REALLY dumb to go through the trouble of making a detailed cockpit with no pilot to go in it... <_<