Toycom becomes Yamato USA

To me, this is exciting news only if it involves the distribution of macross toys in the US. If not then it means nothing to me.  :p  :D  :lol:

I could have not said it better myself. Domestic Macross products at cheep prices. No more extra Hong Kong shipping fees. B))

Dream on lil dreamer....

You know damned well that if a Yammie 1/48 ever hit US shores, it would fall into that ultra collector category, and could only be had at small scale mom n pop hobby stores, and anime stores and the US MSRP would be at least $149.99. You would never see more than a few of them since their price point is so high.

So, in other words, since you can find Yammie 1/48's in those types of places now, and at those prices, nothing would change except you'd have more Engrish on the box.

And even if I am totally wrong on that issue, you will never see them lined up on the shelves of your local Toys R Us, Macross (even Robotech) is not that popular in the states to the general public.

Toycom (when George Sohn--the current Toynami owner--was around), signed an agreement that it would not distribute Macross toys under a lawsuit initiated by HG...

I just wonder whether the agreement has legal recourse with Toycom from HG but now that the company is Yamato USA, we still may see Macross toys stateside...

-K

Toycom (when George Sohn--the current Toynami owner--was around), signed an agreement that it would not distribute Macross toys under a lawsuit initiated by HG...

I just wonder whether the agreement has legal recourse with Toycom from HG but now that the company is Yamato USA, we still may see Macross toys stateside...

-K

I'm glad you mentioned that, Kevin. I had had the same thought, but I wasn't sure of the particulars.

Yamato USA + HG's Macrossmovie.com = lots of weird stuff happening behind the scenes.

A name change wouldn't render all contracts/agreements null and void. If they did, you'd see a lot more companies changing names to get out of contracts. Depending on the wording, Toycom's agreement is probably still in effect.

A name change wouldn't render all contracts/agreements null and void.  If they did, you'd see a lot more companies changing names to get out of contracts.  Depending on the wording, Toycom's agreement is probably still in effect.

It is a definite possibility the contract/agreement would remain in effect but if Toycom was officially "closed" for business and the Yamato USA was opened, then perhaps it is a loophole... Toycom could have easily made a public statement that it had changed names...

Whatever the case may be, it's a little too late...The Macross toy market is flooded here in the US and overseas...

-K

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

they should be able to. At one con, maybe SDCC, kev from valk exchange said toycom had brought a long a 1/60 fixed pose battroid VF-1 casted in pure STEEL. IF they were able to show that(he siad they only did it just to see if the material would work) then I am sure they can show the 1/48s. After all, toycom technically was yamato the whole time, just the US distribution branch.

A name change wouldn't render all contracts/agreements null and void.  If they did, you'd see a lot more companies changing names to get out of contracts.  Depending on the wording, Toycom's agreement is probably still in effect.

It is a definite possibility the contract/agreement would remain in effect but if Toycom was officially "closed" for business and the Yamato USA was opened, then perhaps it is a loophole... Toycom could have easily made a public statement that it had changed names...

There would be no "loophole". HG would still assert its claim and jurisdiction over North American (worldwide minus Japan) DISTRIBUTION, copyright and license for Macross SDF-1 items.

Any legal entity that attempts to distribute (wholesales) licensed Macross toys would fall under HG's ruling as of now.

Grey market importers are totally different and are LEGAL. That is the loophole. :D

www.yamatousa.com

www.yamato-usa.com

:p Ironic in that I used to see that website quite a bit before I discovered MW.

Seriously, this will be interesting. Though I agree that you will never see Macross toy stuff under any name, be it Yamato, BW, HG, Toynami in your local KB Toys or Wal Mart.

Edited by Gaijin

-K

Ah, thanks Kevin, couldn't remember his name :)

It's shameful how he went from trying to bring high quality original toys over here, to ripped off from the HCM lower stock toys, shameful indeed.

There would be no "loophole". HG would still assert its claim and jurisdiction over North American (worldwide minus Japan) DISTRIBUTION, copyright and license for Macross SDF-1 items.

Any legal entity that attempts to distribute (wholesales) licensed Macross toys would fall under HG's ruling as of now.

Grey market importers are totally different and are LEGAL. That is the loophole. :D

Yeah, I realize the odds are stacked...Wishful thinking...

-K