Super Macross, Super Attack-Type Line-Art!

The first thing that came to mind when seeing that, "OH NO CAPTAIN HARLOCK! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!"

Another thought that comes to mind is "dear god, I don't think anyone would like having their ship rammed by an air craft carrier withah giant Fin skull on the front." But I think the japanese says, "Make skull bigger"

Edited by Hikuro

uhh... is that the Yamato attached to the left arm??? <_<

Hey everybody, he doesn't know... lol

:D:D:D

Wait a minute...you mean that Yamato is making a toy out of that!!! What would be the scale?? 1/100 ?? Bahhh, I hate small scales I want it in 1/48 !!!

:p:p:p

(Sorry Akilae, it was very tempting...)

Lame Gainax, The design of the turrets it's all wrong. Only ONE turret, the one in the crotch area, has THREE "bumps". All the other turrets have TWO bumps.

There was a reason behind this.

FV

Kisama! What your tongue! : P

Actually..... hmmm, yep, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. hahaha

Gainax's arrangement of the converging energy beam guns and missile launchers are all correct. The design is based on the TV series version of the SDF-1 Macross You, sir, are mistaken ^.^

Lame Gainax, The design of the turrets it's all wrong. Only ONE turret, the one in the crotch area, has THREE "bumps". All the other turrets have TWO bumps.

There was a reason behind this.

FV

See for yourself:

http://www.macrossmecha.info/tmp/macross_s...atic-front.html

(Caution very large image : )

Very nice, Nanashi.  Do you have the picture of the VF-1 pulling the beam saber out of its head as well?

å‹¿è«– ; )

http://www.macrossmecha.info/joke/daicon_vf1.html

Wow. That looks like a sketch for an actual cel. The level of detail they put into that film is just amazing. If anyone has it, I highly recomend watching it frame by frame. There's tons of little bits they threw into it that you can't catch watching it normally.

ahh.. but I'm pretty sure it's the Yamato... unless there's something I'm totally missing here... again. :(

Yes, that is the Yamato, and the other arm is Captain Herlock's ship, the Arcadia. Three of anime's most famous spaceships, in one single form.

This is from an animated intro to a Japanese sci-fi convention called 'Daicon'. Gainax did the two famous opening animations floating around fansub circles.

The entire animation was a send up to anime, comic books, sci-fi, and all that.

Kisama! What your tongue! : P

Actually..... hmmm, yep, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. hahaha

Gainax's arrangement of the converging energy beam guns and missile launchers are all correct. The design is based on the TV series version of the SDF-1 Macross You, sir, are mistaken ^.^

0wn3d

Big pic, but you can read it was not drawn by Miyatake. I really appreciate your work, honest, and I don't want to belittle it, but you have fallen in your usual mistake.

I have other images:

Yellow Submarine DYRL? SDF-1

This is animation: Macross Plus

Even Macross Cannon is a converging beam cannon, and it has TWO bumps. It's not said anywhere, but logic would say one is positively charged and the other is negatively charged. Between runs current due to the difference in potential (the animation shows something like that in the first episode). A third bump would be useless.

I suspect that in Regults one barrel fire positively charged particles. It's not said anywhere even this, and the Compendium don't mention it, but the more you keep shooting your electrons the less electrons you will fire, because your mecha is too charged in other way. If one of the barrel fires positive particle and the other negative, you will keep your balance. Furthermost, if you keep charging your opponent in a way and then hitting him with the opposite charge, the damage increases.

Zentradi are typical for two barrels design in their particle weapons. The Quel-Quallie have two double-barreled particle cannons. They are not listed as four, but as two couple.

I still have not said the reason I was talking about, though :)

FV

Yopu do realize that you're comparing the movie version of the Macross to the tv series version? There were a lot of differenes. Here, I've got the Perfect Memory book. Just one moment and I'll scan.

http://steampowered.net/temp/sdf1.jpg

Not as large as the image Nanashi posted, but you can clearing see the same gun arrangement as in Nanashi's shown picture.

This is the tv series version of the SDF-1 Macross, there are many differences between it and the DYRL? version wich has been used in all Macross productions ever since the movie came out.

Big pic, but you can read it was not drawn by Miyatake. I really appreciate your work, honest, and I don't want to belittle it, but you have fallen in your usual mistake.

I have other images:

Yellow Submarine DYRL? SDF-1

This is animation: Macross Plus

Even Macross Cannon is a converging beam cannon, and it has TWO bumps. It's not said anywhere, but logic would say one is positively charged and the other is negatively charged. Between runs current due to the difference in potential (the animation shows something like that in the first episode). A third bump would be useless.

I suspect that in Regults one barrel fire positively charged particles. It's not said anywhere even this, and the Compendium don't mention it, but the more you keep shooting your electrons the less electrons you will fire, because your mecha is too charged in other way. If one of the barrel fires positive particle and the other negative, you will keep your balance. Furthermost, if you keep charging your opponent in a way and then hitting him with the opposite charge, the damage increases.

Zentradi are typical for two barrels design in their particle weapons. The Quel-Quallie have two double-barreled particle cannons. They are not listed as four, but as two couple.

I still have not said the reason I was talking about, though :)

FV

First of all the Daicon animation openings were presented in 1983, prior to the theatrical release of Macross: Do You Remember Love? The parody is based on the original television series SDF-1 Macross design, as I stated prior and is accurate (with exception of the attached arm ships) with Kazutaka Miyatake's design of the SDF-1 Macross.

macross-attackmode.jpg

The turrets of which you speak are not beam guns. The ones with three projections are "large-type missile cannons", not converging energy beam cannons. (See Macross Guide Book, p.189)

Also more specifically, the Macross' main cannon is a super dimension energy cannon which uses polarization/convergence system. The other smaller converging energy beam cannons do not appear to use this super dimension energy.

The turrets of which you speak are not beam guns. The ones with three projections are "large-type missile cannons", not converging energy beam cannons. (See Macross Guide Book, p.189)

Also more specifically, the Macross' main cannon is a super dimension energy cannon which uses polarization/convergence system. The other smaller converging energy beam cannons do not appear to use this super dimension energy.

After checking out my this is Animation #3, #5, and #7 TV series books, I came across a pic of the SDF-1 firing missiles out of the "crotch" triple turret as in Nanashi's pic. The picture is in This is Animation #7 on page 36. The picture actually bleeds over onto page 37 and is at the top of the two pages.

*Bows with respect to Nanashi*

As usual :lol: , Nanashi is absolutely correct. The triple turrets on the original TV series SDF-1 are in fact heavy missile launchers. I do have the this is animation for DRYL but there is no indication of what the triple turrets actually are as far as type of weapon system. Palladium books (Yes I know Kevin's reputation for accuracy in the Macross books :unsure: ) lists it as a beam cannon. But I am sure Nanashi can tell us what it actually is. (most likely the same as the TV series).

I have learned a new thing. Thank you, Nanashi and Radd.

I have watched Macross TV only after Plus and DYRL?. Anyway, this is the weaponry of the SDF-1, according to the Compendium.

Cannons:

Main: Overtechnology Macross bow-firing super-dimension-energy cannon with beam polarizing converging system.

Auxillary: 8 Overtechnology guided converging beam cannon system, 4 high speed 178-cm-diameter electro magnetic rail cannons.

Missiles: Main: large automatic anti-ship missile launchers. Auxillary: various missile emplacements.

The main "large automatic anti-ship missile launchers" is the one in the "crotch", right after the Macross Cannon in Battle Fortress mode. Three "bumps" means missile launchers. Two "bumps" means converging beam, and it's true also for Zentradi spaceships' turrets.

The only thing is: with the TV version, how many are the beam cannons? 5? I will check the number of the turrets. Wasn't the DYRL redesign supposed to show up in the series, but it didn't make it? I think that may be why the Compendium lists 8 beam turrets.

FV